Prediction Round 3: Changes Vs Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So many today that club bookmarked had great pre season, fitness bases were freaking garbage.
Logue.. awful. Guy cannot play. No idea where he fits if he can’t play small defence.
Tucker. Should’ve left last season. Purely a runner nothing else.

Hamling is the lockdown defender. Pearce can’t spoil or compete in the air.

Awful day. Seething day.

In:
Hughes
Blakely
Sturt
Treacy (if fit)
Mundy (if cleared)
Cox (if cleared)
Tabs (if fit)

Out
Tucker
Logue
Acres
Darcy
Banfield
Fredrick
Colyer

Out: Schultz, Colyer, Acres, Banfield, Darcy (injured?)

In: Erasmus, O'Driscoll, Mundy, Walker, Cox (forward)

Need more height. Schultz was a liability today. Ball was kicked to him several times in the last and he could not compete in the air. Other times he made good position and players would not kick it to him because they probably knew the same thing would have happened.

Would drop Walters and Freddy too if Sturt and Fyfe were ready. But give them another chance and hopefully they can do better with more medium/talls around them.

There’s 10+ that have put strong cases to being dropped. I can’t even think where to start.

Our backline needs serious consideration. There’s no drive or flair there. You can feel the pressure on Young and Ryan to attempt stuff because you’re getting zero out of Logue, Pearce and Hamling.

In.......Mundy, Cox, Erasmus, Noddy
Out.. Banfield, Colyer, Walters, Darcy

Cox needs to play forward. Too bad if he doesnt like it - team first

As i keep saying..we need to get the talent in. Erasmus has to play next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banfield, Colyer, Darcy and Walters out!!!

Erasmus, Cox, NOD and Mundy in! Western to sub. We need to get past these mature aged players spudding it up.

In.......Mundy, Cox, Erasmus, Noddy
Out.. Banfield, Colyer, Walters, Darcy

Cox needs to play forward. Too bad if he doesnt like it - team first

As i keep saying..we need to get the talent in. Erasmus has to play next week
Agree. McGovern, Barass, Witherdeen, Hurn will have a field day against these forwards

Seriously what is Crowden going to offer what we already dont know. You can throw him in along with the other spuds out there its not going to change a thing.

Brandan walker is a must next week we had no spark down back at least walker takes it on. Why has he fallen out favor early.

Do guys actually watch what happens when Crowden kicks the ball?

Time to make a statement I reckon:

I’ll start by saying Luke Ryan is undroppable because he’s a great intercepter but he’s the slowest mover of the ball after a mark or kick in I’ve ever seen bar none.

As I said you can’t drop him out of the side because the rest of his game is so bloody good but his slow as **** decision kills us consistently.

It’s a shame because he’s actually a pretty good kick when he takes the game on. Pity it’s barely once a game though.

Need Wilson or Walker in the side. Don’t care which one. Young, Chapman and Clark are too important for our future to drop but we need to decide which of them is going to play elsewhere because other areas of ground are seriously lacking. Crazy idea - if Wilson is fit, bring him AND Walker in. Clark goes to wing so we can axe either Tucker or Acres (honestly couldn’t care less which) and Chapman becomes part of the midfield and forward rotation.

Too much talent down back considering how many sh**e players we have playing elsewhere

Out: Acres (susp), Darcy (inj), Banfield, Tucker, Frederick
In: Mundy, Cox, NOD, Walker, Wilson

Wish I had confidence to bring in an actual forward but I don’t. I’m liking what Schultz and Switta do in patches, Lobb has been okay. Our other forwards have been beyond garbage

Last edited:
I'm annoyed but also not really surprised that it's only taken 2 rounds for us to be pinning our hopes for this season on the masking tape holding Sturt together to stick, Western and Walker nailing down a spot at each end of the ground, Erasmus having a blinding first season and our KPPs reversing the current trend and somehow staying healthy.

#JustFreoThings

Last edited:
Time to make a statement I reckon:

I’ll start by saying Luke Ryan is undroppable because he’s a great intercepter but he’s the slowest mover of the ball after a mark or kick in I’ve ever seen bar none.

As I said you can’t drop him out of the side because the rest of his game is so bloody good but his slow as **** decision kills us consistently.

It’s a shame because he’s actually a pretty good kick when he takes the game on. Pity it’s barely once a game though.

Need Wilson or Walker in the side. Don’t care which one. Young, Chapman and Clark are too important for our future to drop but we need to decide which of them is going to play elsewhere because other areas of ground are seriously lacking. Crazy idea - if Wilson is fit, bring him AND Walker in. Clark goes to wing so we can axe either Tucker or Acres (honestly couldn’t care less which) and Chapman becomes part of the midfield and forward rotation.

Too much talent down back considering how many sh**e players we have playing elsewhere
the one time he took it on from a kick on went to his mate in taking forever in Tucker which killed our momentum there

Freo need to stop with the wishful thinking on some of our players. They have had years to show something and zilch. I'd rather lose games with new developing players than these serial disappointments.
100%.

5 years is enough time to make it.

Acres, Banfield, Colyer and Tucker need to go.

It seems we are 10-14 place team and I rather be bottom 6 and play the talented kids.

Playing Banfield over Erasmus is a total joke.

Rather play O’Driscoll than an Acres.

I'm annoyed but also not really surprised that it's only taken 2 rounds for us to be pinning our hopes for this season on the masking tape holding Sturt together to hold, Western and Walker nailing down a spot at each end of the ground, Erasmus having a blinding first season and our KPPs reversing the current trend and somehow staying healthy.

#JustFreoThings
The flip side is it’s only round 2, and it’s clear with the older experienced guys, the football is tripe.
Bring in Sturt, Erasmus, Walker, Western, Treacy and that’s a beacon of hope and development. Out goes marure duds such as Banfield, Walters, Colyer, Tucker, acres.

The fact Treacy didn’t play due to match fitness is pathetic in itself. Needed a target, especially after Cox was out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back