Game Day Round 3: Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come in peace fellow wharfies.

Our club has just launched a petition which will be submitted to the AFL asking that we be allowed to wear our prison bar guernsey for all Showdowns from now on. This guernsey is a key part of our heritage and identity yet we have been denied the use of it by Eddie McGuire and other Victorian power brokers since we entered the AFL. The petition has attracted nearly 20,000 signatures in less than 24 hours so far ... we would appreciate it if some of you guys added your names to it as well!

Cheers and good luck for this weekend's game on the Goldy!

Done and pledged. Good luck!

I’d be pretty happy to go with the below changes irrespective of the result.

Out: Duman, Schulz, darcy, Matera
In : Hogan, Sturt, Hill, Serong,

Expect the Serong debut video to drop tomorrow night

love the ins. its just deciding who comes out for them. hope they all come in but i guess its unlikey they all will

Man screw Eddie McGuire,
1) Eddie doesn't have the power to tell port what to wear when their not facing Collingwood.
No team can tell another team what to wear. Port are more successful than the pies anyway. Despite eddies belief that he controls the football world, he doesn't. Some recent examples of him attempting to be all powerful are; currently trying to bully port, (I reckon he would have been part of the brigade that got us the messed up aflw finals which cost our girls a flag), Removing things like cola from northern clubs, removing indigenous zones from the expansion clubs.

2) Eddie doesn't have the moral authority to harp on things like gentlemens agreement and tradition.
Recent examples of this are; trying to silence harry o in the past (whats this find a solution business if your in the wrong just make a public apology) and the number of other controversies (mocking a disabled person, anti semitic jokes, Adam Goodes thing) he's had, that are just forgiven because he's "great for footy".
Enough if another team wants to do something just let them.
#Bring back the bars.

Got this gut feeling history will repeat again for the 2nd time in a week.

Last week, Nathan Wilson Pulled out with a late injury and we brought in a debut in Hayden Young.

This week, I see Wilson again pull out with an injury and serong comes in for his debut game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man screw Eddie McGuire,
1) Eddie doesn't have the power to tell port what to wear when their not facing Collingwood.
No team can tell another team what to wear. Port are more successful than the pies anyway. Despite eddies belief that he controls the football world, he doesn't. Some recent examples of him attempting to be all powerful are; currently trying to bully port, (I reckon he would have been part of the brigade that got us the messed up aflw finals which cost our girls a flag), Removing things like cola from northern clubs, removing indigenous zones from the expansion clubs.

2) Eddie doesn't have the moral authority to harp on things like gentlemens agreement and tradition.
Recent examples of this are; trying to silence harry o in the past (whats this find a solution business if your in the wrong just make a public apology) and the number of other controversies (mocking a disabled person, anti semitic jokes, Adam Goodes thing) he's had, that are just forgiven because he's "great for footy".
Enough if another team wants to do something just let them.
#Bring back the bars.

Port should be able to wear their traditional historic uniform.

As much as I dislike Eddie, I feel that the AFL is the one that has set the standard to which he plays to.

The AFL arguably should collectively be trying to be a role model for behaviour that is accepted as good within society, it should not IMO be trying to be an authority on what is right. It has been straying way too much to the latter recently, although that can be said of many organizations.

I would like to see Hughes go out and Tobe Watson given a go. Hughes has had zero tackles in both games this year, only one mark on the weekend, and only 7 disposals in each game. I just can't see what he brings to the team on current form, he is a much better player than what he's shown this year and should be hitting peak form of his career about now. Maybe carrying an injury? Tobe looked good in the preseason games and I think he would adapt to AFL level.

Out: Darcy, Hughes, Duman, Schultz
In: Hogan, Wilson, Watson, Sturt

I would like to see Hughes go out and Tobe Watson given a go. Hughes has had zero tackles in both games this year, only one mark on the weekend, and only 7 disposals in each game. I just can't see what he brings to the team on current form, he is a much better player than what he's shown this year and should be hitting peak form of his career about now. Maybe carrying an injury? Tobe looked good in the preseason games and I think he would adapt to AFL level.

Tobe or not Tobe?

That is the question.

Judging by the training photos, it appears Serong, Blakely and Banfield all were playing in the pink (B team). Would expect them to miss and the last spot would be out of Young/Wilson.

That is on the presumption Hill and Sturt got through fine.

A few things here.

1. Why should you be allowed to wear the black and white stripes when it was clearly another team in the leagues uniform when you entered?
2. Why should we give a shit enough to support it?

They are Collingwoods colors, it was that way in the early 90's when PAFC tried to enter the league just like they also were in 97 when you ended up entering so why your club thinks they have a right i do not understand.

WA based Dockers fans may not understand, but the PAFC is the most loathsome football club imaginable. Yes i mean worse then Collingwood.
The arrogance of the club particularly in the 80's and 90's in SA was insufferable and the club continues to be insufferable as they continue to bitch about this issue.
I would recommend before you blindly sign the petition that Dockers fans look deeper into the bullshit that came from PAFC in the late 80's and early 90's before the Crows ultimately got the license to join the AFL.

That's a fair point re Hughes and Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back