Game Day Round 3: Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come in peace fellow wharfies.

Our club has just launched a petition which will be submitted to the AFL asking that we be allowed to wear our prison bar guernsey for all Showdowns from now on. This guernsey is a key part of our heritage and identity yet we have been denied the use of it by Eddie McGuire and other Victorian power brokers since we entered the AFL. The petition has attracted nearly 20,000 signatures in less than 24 hours so far ... we would appreciate it if some of you guys added your names to it as well!

Cheers and good luck for this weekend's game on the Goldy!

Only if you lads give Rozee a rest this weekend

Very disappointed Serong doesn't seem to be in the frame.

I come in peace fellow wharfies.

Our club has just launched a petition which will be submitted to the AFL asking that we be allowed to wear our prison bar guernsey for all Showdowns from now on. This guernsey is a key part of our heritage and identity yet we have been denied the use of it by Eddie McGuire and other Victorian power brokers since we entered the AFL. The petition has attracted nearly 20,000 signatures in less than 24 hours so far ... we would appreciate it if some of you guys added your names to it as well!

Cheers and good luck for this weekend's game on the Goldy!

Signed and submitted

Like Longmuir says, can't destabilise the team too much, especially coming up against the form team of the comp.

Serong is real close, but he is way more likely to debut against a GC or crows team, and after we've brought these other guys back.

His opportunity is coming.

Meek left out. Unless he can get a game in the next few weeks with Darcy out we will struggle to fit him in while using Lobb and Tabs as our ruck. Hopefully he gets a gig at sometime in the hub.

Meek left out. Unless he can get a game in the next few weeks with Darcy out we will struggle to fit him in while using Lobb and Tabs as our ruck. Hopefully he gets a gig at sometime in the hub.
Yeah, he missed a fair bit of footy through injury last year. JL seems to think he needs a bit more development.

Like Longmuir says, can't destabilise the team too much, especially coming up against the form team of the comp.

Serong is real close, but he is way more likely to debut against a GC or crows team, and after we've brought these other guys back.

His opportunity is coming.

If all 4 of Willo, Hill, Hogan and Sturt were to come in I'd agree. But I doubt it.

Port aren't bringing guys over for a scratchie so we can't play Serong in the seconds to develop. I think he showed enough last week and over the break that he's ready for a call-up, and it's not like our small-forwards/pressure forwards were really showing a lot. The game experience should be good for him and if it comes down to it that it'd only be the second or third change it'll probably be good for the team too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all 4 of Willo, Hill, Hogan and Sturt were to come in I'd agree. But I doubt it.

Port aren't bringing guys over for a scratchie so we can't play Serong in the seconds to develop. I think he showed enough last week and over the break that he's ready for a call-up, and it's not like our small-forwards/pressure forwards were really showing a lot. The game experience should be good for him and if it comes down to it that it'd only be the second or third change it'll probably be good for the team too.

Absolutely, we are better off getting games in to these kids when struggling, so when we do come out the other side they are full throttle

Absolutely, we are better off getting games in to these kids when struggling, so when we do come out the other side they are full throttle

It's a bit too early in the season for that. Maybe if we're 2-8 after 10 games, but right now we need wins first and foremost. Playing kids just for the sake of it I don't think is the right way to go.

Bear in mind we're not that far off it. A couple of lucky breaks and we'd be 2-0 rather than 0-2.

It's a bit too early in the season for that. Maybe if we're 2-8 after 10 games, but right now we need wins first and foremost. Playing kids just for the sake of it I don't think is the right way to go.

Bear in mind we're not that far off it. A couple of lucky breaks and we'd be 2-0 rather than 0-2.

I'm not big on playing kids for the sake of it either. But I think Serong is someone who would genuinely deserve a game if there's a spot for him and there's a few guys who play that pressure forward role in the team who have been underwhelming.

There won’t be any debutants anyway this week. Club would have had a Facebook post about it by now.

I'm not big on playing kids for the sake of it either. But I think Serong is someone who would genuinely deserve a game if there's a spot for him and there's a few guys who play that pressure forward role in the team who have been underwhelming.
This discussion reminds me of when Barlow was rookied, one pre season and his performances
were too good to ignore.
Serong is needed now in a team lacking skill and grunt.
Team needs a backbone, some one to hunt the ball, player, and guys like
Valente, Serong, have it in spades.
It is one of the reasons I reckon Blakely isn't getting a game, ball watcher, doesn't run
both ways.
He is good enough, but we have a few who look complacent just being on a list,

It was always going to be harder for kids to break in without playing at Peel. unfortunately a little 14 player scratchie against another team's kids isn't going to compare to playing against men in the WAFL and this week we won't even have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back