Remove this Banner Ad

bOmBeR_BoY1

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 12, 2003
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Brisbane and Pies will be quite a good game for most, but the home side to pull away in the second half to win comfortably enough.

Kangaroos look way too strong for Carlton. The Roos look more accomplished in most positions on the ground compared with the Blues.

You'd probably tip the Eagles on form (and if I didn't go for Essendon, I probably would too), but the Bombers were just as depleted in the corresponding game last year and at home are a good chance of knocking off the Eagles.

Geelong to show some fight and spirit in the first half, class to prevail in the second half though.

Port Adelaide at home should be too strong for the Hawks, and if Tredrea and Dew can't be controlled it could get ugly.

Tipping Melbourne in a tight one, but can't discount the Dogs especially with the 50-year flag celebrations in full swing.

Adelaide will get close in Perth, but not close enough to escape with the 4 points. Will be one of the games of the round.

St Kilda should be too strong for the Tigers, but you really never know with them. Won't be easy as many think though.

• Banned
Originally posted by still rocking
how can u say adelaide will go close??

they have been pathetic and shown nothing all year!!

why would it change this week??

They've really only played 4 bad quarters for the season, the last 3 against the Roos and the first against the Lions.

They were brilliant at Subiaco last year, comfortably beating the Eagles and were unlucky to lose by a point to the Dockers. I believe they are close to full strength too, and will show something this week.

Originally posted by bOmBeR_BoY1
Brisbane and Pies will be quite a good game for most, but the home side to pull away in the second half to win comfortably enough.

You'd probably tip the Eagles on form (and if I didn't go for Essendon, I probably would too), but the Bombers were just as depleted in the corresponding game last year and at home are a good chance of knocking off the Eagles.

Geelong to show some fight and spirit in the first half, class to prevail in the second half though.

Adelaide will get close in Perth, but not close enough to escape with the 4 points. Will be one of the games of the round.

Pies don't fade too often, they usually get blown off the park and then claw their way back but I suspect the Lions won't let them get to the top.

I say this with no hint of bias, but the Don's are playing their worst footy in the last decade.

Swans are looking to boost percentage against the Cats.

The Crows are also playing woweful footy. The Dockers should make them regret taking the flight especially after the Sydney game because they HATE losing these days do the Dockers.

Brisbane over pies 16-37 points I think.
Roos over blues 5-7 goals.
Essendon over Eagles(if they don't do something there, then they are stuffed) purely because they'll feel the need to finally step up to the plate.
Sydney should beat geelong comfortably at the scg 40+.
Port nicely over the hawks.
Toss of the coin between dogs and demons...who knows what demon side will turn up this week? So probably the dogs?:confused:
Fremantle over Adelaide easily especially since its in the west.
St.Kilda is dew for a let down soon but it won't be this week against the tigers. 6-10 goal win.

FINALLY, a thread about footy!

(Altho I did enjoy the "Sam Lane" thread before it got locked......

Nu, No, Uh-uh.

Brissie by a truckload.

Kangaroos look way too strong for Carlton. The Roos look more accomplished in most positions on the ground compared with the Blues.

3-0 looks just too good for the Roos.

Caaaaarrrrlllton in a boilover.

You'd probably tip the Eagles on form

Nup. you'd tip the E-Girls on the tirbunal getting one right for change... E-Girls by 14, watch Lucas up forward....

Ummm, no.

Port Adelaide at home should be too strong for the Hawks, and if Tredrea and Dew can't be controlled it could get ugly.

Never easy to tip the Hawkers, but just.

Tipping Melbourne in a tight one, but can't discount the Dogs especially with the 50-year flag celebrations in full swing.

Go the YoYo, Go Dogs...

Adelaide will get close in Perth, but not close enough to escape with the 4 points.

Yup

St Kilda should be too strong for the Tigers, but you really never know with them. Won't be easy as many think though.

Again, YoYo, Tiggers. But close.

Brisbane by 60+

If Vossy goes forward, Buckley wont go with him, and it will leave Voss open for another 7.

Carlton by 6

In a very close match, Carlton will get over the line with Fevola, Morrell and Whitnall firing up forward

Eagles by 14

With Lloydy out its hard to see where the goals will come from. Eagles will have enough fire power up forward and the delivery from the eagles star mid-field will be crucial

Swans by 60+

After seeing my beloved blues SMASH Geelong, it's hard to see Geelong finishing anywhere higher than 16th. I think the swans wont even turn up and will still win this match

Port Adelaide 40

Hawthorn have been hot and cold and we are only in round 2, who knows which team will show up, I don't think it will make a difference and The Power will be too strong all over the ground

Melbourne by 12

Melbourne in a close game, I don't know if the Bulldogs can kick a big enough score to beat the demons, if Neitz fires the margin could be a blowout, I'm expecting the demons to share it around this week

Fremantle by 23

Adelaide have played fairy decent in both matches, apart from 3 or 4 bad quarters, Dockers at home is hard to go by, with Bell, Pavlich and Hasleby all playing well its hard to pick against them

St. Kilda by 23

Richmond played there best game for some time in round 1, and will struggle to match that form again, St. Kilda are coming in with huge amounts of confidence and will take care of Richmond, depending on Richo and Gerhig, the margin could be anything.

Question to Bommer fans! Out of curiosity how well were Bombers travelling, from a win loss record point of view, prior to WC match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Round 3 predictions/tips

Originally posted by no1bankteller
Question to Bommer fans! Out of curiosity how well were Bombers travelling, from a win loss record point of view, prior to WC match?

Essendon had lost their previous game to the Power by 50 points at the Dome, were 11th on the ladder with a 4-5 record.

They've really only played 4 bad quarters for the season, the last 3 against the Roos and the first against the Lions.

They were brilliant at Subiaco last year, comfortably beating the Eagles and were unlucky to lose by a point to the Dockers. I believe they are close to full strength too, and will show something this week.

All of this is true, but there is one fact omitted.

Adelaide's coaches are still in denial that their gameplan doesn't work.

That alone will mean another bad loss to Adelaide, I'm afraid.

Re: Re: Re: Round 3 predictions/tips

Essendon had lost their previous game to the Power by 50 points at the Dome, were 11th on the ladder with a 4-5 record.

Thanks for that....

Starting to worry even more now...

Having said that I will be there in the aisle 29 cheering the mighty Eagles on....

Just in case I have not used up all my Bomber guestions what is the story about premium seats being on the level 3 wing, along with $22 booking fee, for your games. Surely that sucks!

Originally posted by X_box_X
Bulldogs won't lose another close one.

We'll either get over the line or get belted.

you'll get belted mate
At least the 50 year celebrations will be a highlight for you

Ok,my turn. there seems to be alot of stupid people out there tipping Carlton to be North Melbourne.
One QUESTION? How ? have you not watched the Roos matches this season? We have won every department comfortably over pretty decent opposition. (Adelaide and Hawthorn, are pretty good chances for top 4, according to pundits.) Hee we come up against a lowly Carlton outfit. I watched the Roos train yesterday, and they looked, simply stunning!! Very free flowing, little mistakes.

Here are my tips:

Brisbane Lions def Collingwood by 59 pts
North Melbourne def Carlton by 44 pts
Fremantle def Adelaide by 104 pts
Sydney def Geelong by 13 pts (not as easy as ppl think)
Essendon def West Coast by 22 pts
Port Adelaide def Hawthorn by 38 pts
Melbourne (neitz..) def Footscray (for the day) by 58 pts

Lions by 20 points
Kangaroos by 14 points
Fremantle by 36 points
Sydney by 28 points
West Coast by 10 points
Port Adelaide by 20 points
Bulldogs by 12 points

Originally posted by HFC082
got a feeling that the Hawks will provide the upset of the week!

My tip is you have elephantitis with a tip like that!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 predictions/tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Back