Round 3 Rookie - Who to Start Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

kuzjuxcan

Rookie
Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok think this question needs to asked.. I think warrants more discussion now as we are starting to have more lucrative options over who to start on field.. Like Captain predictions

As we all have a fairly good crop of Rookies.. Ala Robinsons/Z-Man/Cheney/Beams/Rich/Otten/Dangermouse/ etc... Be good to get some discussion on who poeple think will do better based on what team there going up against , current form and potential DT output.

For Instance.. I'm stuck on who to play.. ooh the options.. I got beams/rich/robinson.. Im thinking robinson as carlton are playing dons.. And Brisbane playing the notorious Sydney so Rich might get a lil tag and numbers be down a bit.. and Beams is playing Geelong who if the nab grand final is anything to go by.. all woodies players numbers should be down.. Ideas People..

Also.. Taylor walker, Ziebell, or garlett in FWds

And Broughton, Cheney, Rance, Hill(spud), Suban, Petrenko.. in backs ?

I've decided to start Cheney and Petrenko as my rookie backs, with Broughton as an Emergency.

In the mids, I was tossing up between Robinson and Beams, before sticking with Robinson, as I'm not sure if Beams can back up a 94 against the best team in the comp.

I have no rookies in the forward line anymore in my starting line up :)

Sorry folks setup a poll but forgot to put petrenko in.. Maybe one of the Mods can fix this up for me..:):)?????? Get rid of Suckling.. not sure hes playing this week. Petrenkos a no brainer though if you have him play him..

i gotta choose between Rance and Cheney in the backs and choose one of Rich,De Boer(if he plays)and Robinson on the mids.

Leaning towards Rance and Robinson atm

If I trade...

Petrenko on field with Cheney emergency.
Beams emergency.
Ziebell on field with M Brown emergency.

Waiting until the teams are annouced will give most people a better indication of who to start.

In the backs I'm going to be choosing out of Hill, Broughton and Petrenko as my last defender. Petrenko is a no brainer.

In the middle I'm chosing 2 of Rich, Robinson, Beams and Otten if I trade him in for Anthony. As others have said, I'm slightly worried by Beams playing Geelong and Rich playing Sydney. Adelaide play Fremantle so I'll probably be starting Otten, as well as Robinson against Essendon, but leaving Rich on the pine will be quite a difficult decision.

With the forwards I have to pick 1 of Ziebell, Taylor Walker and Mitch Brown. Have had Ziebell starting the first 2 rounds and will probably start him again but I will be very tempted to start Walker - he's playing against Fremantle so he'll most likely have a fair few shots, and I was very impressed with his performance when Hentschel went down and the attention turned to him as more of a power forward.

Yeah Rich is hard decision to leave on the pine.. he did well last week against carlton who could be the new sydney as they deny the other team the ball. So could still grit out a good score against Syd.. Decisions decisions... Robinson might be good in garbage times stats against essendon..

Yeah, good thread. I'm worried about starting Rich. The idea of playing 3 against Sydney (Drummond, Brown & Rich) doesn't really excite me. I have Otten, Rich, Beams and Robinson. I'm leaning towards playing Otten and Robinson at the moment. Decision, decisions...

... and that's the way I ended up going :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played Rich and Beams over Robinson here. Petrenko over Suban/Hill. Walker over Brown.

1/1 so far. Lets hope Petrenko scors 60+ and Walker beats Brown. :thumbsu::)

Had 5 rookies playing this weekend thanks too Scotland and Raines.

Hill was brilliant :thumbsu:

Also had Petrenko, Broughton, Dangerfield and Walker.

It was more my keepers that let me down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Rookie - Who to Start Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back