Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

So right now, I've got 4 problem issues in my team and only two trades. Gawn, Barlow, Rocky and mcspud (macaffer).

At this stage I'm looking to hol Gawn and Barlow - Gawn because there's no standout rucking candidates at the moment and Barlow because I have a more pressing issue in rocky and there would have to be a decent chance that Lyon shakes things up soon with Freo's shithouse start to the season.

I view rocky with his calf and. Playing forward as a more important issue and macaffer on the mid bench not making any money as a rookie.

My number one priority this week is to get Tom Mitchell into my midfield.

So my trades as they stand are:

Rocky > Mitchell
Macaffer > Hartley

So right now, I've got 4 problem issues in my team and only two trades. Gawn, Barlow, Rocky and mcspud (macaffer).

At this stage I'm looking to hol Gawn and Barlow - Gawn because there's no standout rucking candidates at the moment and Barlow because I have a more pressing issue in rocky and there would have to be a decent chance that Lyon shakes things up soon with Freo's shithouse start to the season.

I view rocky with his calf and. Playing forward as a more important issue and macaffer on the mid bench not making any money as a rookie.

My number one priority this week is to get Tom Mitchell into my midfield.

So my trades as they stand are:

Rocky > Mitchell
Macaffer > Hartley
Man I really feel for you and everyone else in the same boat

I thought I had it bad with Harwood, Barlow and Gawn but it's really not that bad with the rucks as you said leaving me with two problems and two trades.

I guess Oliver and Howe suck for me too - some cash cows... But not quite as pressing

Finished my second trade, gone:

Macaffer > Menadue from DEF to MID > Tippa from DEF to FWD > M Hartley into DEF.

Caff just ain't scoring enough, I'd rather get Hartley in who looks like he can score a good 70 a week and is ~60k odd cheaper than Caff. Means I'll have to choose between Tippa and Papley on the ground in the fwds but I'm comfortable with that, also gives me Menadue as mid cover which I'm much more comfortable with than Davis and Caff (who got around 45 each this week).

Untitled.png
There are about 5-6 players who I need/want to get rid of. Question is who should I trade out first?

View attachment 232105
There are about 5-6 players who I need/want to get rid of. Question is who should I trade out first?
I'm in a fairly similar boat. Personally I am keeping the faith in Duncan and probably trading out Rockliff and Barlow. Rockliff looks weeks away from being fully fit. Barlow is just a role issue so I may also hold him and hope Ross changes things up. There are so many rooks and mid pricers who look good at the moment that I am loath to waste trades sidewaysing my premos

I've got plenty in the bank and trying to pick one from each of these groups to trade in:
Group 1
T. Mitchell - 620k avg 137 BE 78
S. Mitchell - 600k avg 135 BE 73
Parker - 560k avg 120 BE 81

Group 2
Z. Merrett 537k avg 127 BE 56
Zaha 470k avg 125 BE 30
Johannisen 470k avg 117 BE 43

Thoughts?

Well I have the joy of owning Duncan, Rockliff and Barlow currently.

I have to trade duncan and am looking at duncan -> Zaharakis / Hunter

Then I need to decide what to do, do I keep Rockliff or Barlow? I'll probably swap whichever one i end up deciding for Merrett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I have the joy of owning Duncan, Rockliff and Barlow currently.

I have to trade duncan and am looking at duncan -> Zaharakis / Hunter

Then I need to decide what to do, do I keep Rockliff or Barlow? I'll probably swap whichever one i end up deciding for Merrett.

I'm in the same boat but am optimistic that Duncan will play this week so hopefully can hold him.

Probably looking at Rockliff > Hannebery and Barlow > Merrett/Zorko.

Really stuck on Zaha or Hunter.
I think Zaha will probably get a better average but I was maybe looking at getting Parish next week (possibly a bit late to the party there though...). Don't know if I want 2 bombers and 3 swans in my starting midfield.

I've got plenty in the bank and trying to pick one from each of these groups to trade in:
Group 1
T. Mitchell - 620k avg 137 BE 78
S. Mitchell - 600k avg 135 BE 73
Parker - 560k avg 120 BE 81

Group 2
Z. Merrett 537k avg 127 BE 56
Zaha 470k avg 125 BE 30
Johannisen 470k avg 117 BE 43

Thoughts?
Titch and either JJ or Merrett. Depends on the structure you have and are going for

Titch and either JJ or Merrett. Depends on the structure you have and are going for
Cheers. Am gonna go with Titchell and JJ. As tempting as Zaha and Zerrett are (given how much money they're gonna make in the next few weeks) they are far less likely to end up top 6 in their position.

Really stuck on Zaha or Hunter.
I think Zaha will probably get a better average but I was maybe looking at getting Parish next week (possibly a bit late to the party there though...). Don't know if I want 2 bombers and 3 swans in my starting midfield.
Hunter averages something like 110 at Etihad over the last 12 months and WB play their first 7 or 8 games there. I considered both for a long time prior to the season starting and ended up going with Hunter mainly for this reason and the fact Essendon will inevitably have some games where even their best midfielders will struggle to get the ball.

I also think the ship has sailed or at least will have sailed after this week with Parish. He is awkwardly priced now with a BE of 0 this week and I'd have very little confidence he can keep up these scores all season. But if you take the risk (and pick him up) and it works for you, all power to you. It would be a high-risk high-reward scenario I think

Cheers. Am gonna go with Titchell and JJ. As tempting as Zaha and Zerrett are (given how much money they're gonna make in the next few weeks) they are far less likely to end up top 6 in their position.
Merrett may be a good chance to go top 6 with Barlow being a spud and Montagna starting slowly, as well as Lids not playing a game yet. Maybe not top 6 in terms of average but total score he is a good chance. Titch and JJ still the best options though.

Selwood out for someone, perhaps Titch if I can afford the upgrade, might try and hold Rocky if I can but not too sure. Those two are definitely on my chopping block.

Everyone else looking reasonable at this stage.
I'm considering keeping Selwood. The Cats have Brisbane this week who Selwood averages 105 against and Selwood has scored 146, 139, 104, 97 & 121 over his last four games. The game is also being played at Simonds Stadium were he averages a higher score than at any stadium (I'm not including Spotless Stadium because he's only played there twice).

I'm considering keeping Selwood. The Cats have Brisbane this week who Selwood averages 105 against and Selwood has scored 146, 139, 104, 97 & 121 over his last four games. The game is also being played at Simonds Stadium were he averages a higher score than at any stadium (I'm not including Spotless Stadium because he's only played there twice).

Probably have to dump one of Rocky and Selwood though, can't afford to keep both of them bleeding cash.

Probably have to dump one of Rocky and Selwood though, can't afford to keep both of them bleeding cash.
Rocky is defiantly going now he's out, Sellwood has a breakeven of 118 so I am considering giving him one more week, that is achievable.

Geelong also have Essendon this the week after this. The other part of me is thinking that if he can't score well in a win Round 1 and then against GWS last week can he ever get back to his best?

Trades this week are tough. I am still going:

Barlow > JJ
Harwood > Papley

Leaving 48K but leaves me with to strong a backline. But JJ is the best sub 500k Player. Could go Zerrett or Zorko. Could go Hartley as well Instead of paps.

Trades are hard this week, especially the shite dished out by my team.

I am keen to keep some cash to do an upgrade Gawn or Lonergan. With another shuffling trade

I'm going Rocky > S Mitchell (locked in)
Then..... Either
Degoey > Scully/Hunter or Oliver > Parish

Is Oliver worth keeping. Lots of potential but No decent scores out of him..... and potential doesn't help the scoreboard. Where as Parish has more potential and keeps the scores ticking over so far.

Anyone else contemplating similar

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back