Game Day Round 4, 2023: Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG 3:20pm Easter Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch needs to develop a plan B fast to at least slow the game when the oppo gets a run on.

Our boys just do not have the mettle nor mindset to stem the tide when a side pushed against us.

This is now the second time in four games that we have just let the oppo score at will now.

Why are people surprised by Sicily.

Did we think a player who has been in the system for 8 years was going to change the way he played?
What did Sicily do besides have the ball roosted into him one out against an opponent about 50 times that quarter- anyone would struggle. Midfield completely gave up- clearances weren’t even a contest

I don’t care if we don’t win the last quarter on the scoreboard but I want to win the “gets.” Force the ball up, give us first use of the ball. Just don’t let them the opportunity to use it first. Guts it out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt he plays next week. Needs to find confidence at Box Hill, and there's a queue of players in form ready to take his spot.
He cant play next week, been an absolute non entity today.

Give someone like Long, Weddle or Hustwaite a crack (surely couldn't be any worse)

Brockman off? Unless the guy is injured... I reckon that is a coaching blunder.

Tough one. Missed a soda from 10 metres when he should have given it off and then a couple of really weak timid efforts in the second qtr was a terrible look for the side.

He is not the Lone Ranger tho. Perhaps it was a case of lucky dip in the box .

That’s an entire next level of quality between the sides. Men v boys. Was expected but that was emphatic.

Hard to watch. They just need to hold onto the ball in the last and chip it around otherwise it will be another 10 goal qtr.

This is very much like Essendon in round 1, competitive start only to completely fall away. The big challenge for this side, is to learn how to dig in and ride out an onslaught, Geelong went bang in that first 5 mins and completely took it away from us

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Almost identical. Need to find a way to stop onslaughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back