Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a shitty round last round. Underperforming premium's everywhere and Mckenzie onfield with a ****ing 4.

Haven't even looked at fantasy all week, as I was just that pissed.

Gone Mckenzie > Ruggles and Howe > Duncan.

Sure's up the mids a bit and gets Mckenzie the **** out of my team.

Do you reckon he is just being rested in an easy game?
I'm hoping so even though he was listed as omitted, for that reason I believe it'd be silly to trade him out. I never like going into a game with out any bench cover in a position but I feel I've got bigger issues than my forward bench. I think we can expect Christian Petracca to come in next week, he would make a perfect replacement for McCarthy if he's not named.

Do you reckon he is just being rested in an easy game?
With Menzel and cockatoo back in the side up forward McCarthy is going to have trouble getting games. We also have Lang and gregson as smalls up forward and caddy and motlop resting down there as well. Not a lot of room for McCarthy.

With Menzel and cockatoo back in the side up forward McCarthy is going to have trouble getting games. We also have Lang and gregson as smalls up forward and caddy and motlop resting down there as well. Not a lot of room for McCarthy.

Is cockatoo really above him? I can understand the others but.... cockatoo has x factor, but has only shown glimpses

Is cockatoo really above him? I can understand the others but.... cockatoo has x factor, but has only shown glimpses
Does have more upside and will probably get more first team action based on his youth, potential and for his development. McCarthy is a 22yo in his third season, Cockatoo is a 19yo who was a top 10 pick.
Is hopper to risky to trade in?
255k is a lot of money to pay for a rookie who's never played a game of footy, sadly we're not filled with many other rookie options though, who were you wanting to trade out of your midfield?

Dam, I knew I was bad at fantasy because I never had tambling in my team :p
Oh trust me I know an early pick doesn't mean they're going to be a good player ahah! :p

However, coaches genuinely do give their young early draft picks priority over other players. Being an early pick with out a doubt helps with their job security.

Does have more upside and will probably get more first team action based on his youth, potential and for his development. McCarthy is a 22yo in his third season, Cockatoo is a 19yo who was a top 10 pick.

255k is a lot of money to pay for a rookie who's never played a game of footy, sadly we're not filled with many other rookie options though, who were you wanting to trade out of your midfield?

Hewett or Mills, not sure if a great idea though, but i feel like hopper will do well

The mc are going to give him time to find form because of that X factor. If he doesn't improve McCarthy might get back in. If cockatoo shows some improvement he is going to struggle to find a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hewett or Mills, not sure if a great idea though, but i feel like hopper will do well
Trade out Hewitt before you do Mills mate. I was very interested in Hopper before the NAB Challenge, big bodied early draft pick playing for GWS and he's from Ballarat which is instant brownie points. He ticked a lot of boxes but then he only played one pre-season game and scored just 19 points (still had 58 minutes on the field too).

Don't let me talk you out of putting him in though. Obviously see if he makes the final team first and then I'd still give him one senior game to go off, you're only missing his first game and he's a more expensive rookie he's not going to jump a whole heap after one game. I'd then make a call after his debut.

Trade out Hewitt before you do Mills mate.

Mills only has a 40 be, playing, and out of 3 games has only gone below that once. I am trading Hewett. The only reason you would trade out Mills first, if you needed the extra cash for an upgrade target (even then, I decided to go lower to keep mills).

Would rather trade Hewett but need the extra cash from trading Mills to get from Lambert > Scully

Other possible trade is Hewett > Ruggles and Lambert > Zaharakis... hmm

Edit: another interesting one is Hewett > Ruggles and Lambert > M. Adams via DPP, would net me a lot of cash to upgrade next week.

Last edited:
He was injured last season and had zero pre season this year. Working himself in now and will rarely get a tag for the first time since 2010. If he stays fit he will be a top 5 mid with no tag.
Alright mate, i hope it works for you but i'll come back at the end of the year when he's outside the top 12 and remind you of the wisdom i offered ;)

Still be careful trading out Mills I know he was poor last week but it can take first year players a couple of weeks to get going and used of the pace/standard of AFL Footy, I learnt the hard way with Oliver last week.

At the moment I am keeping him at M8

Would rather trade Hewett but need the extra cash from trading Mills to get from Lambert > Scully

Other possible trade is Hewett > Ruggles and Lambert > Zaharakis... hmm

Edit: another interesting one is Hewett > Ruggles and Lambert > M. Adams via DPP, would net me a lot of cash to upgrade next week.

I have Lambert, has a BE of 59 which he should make. He is not a keeper, but I feel he can last a couple more in my team.

No other dead weight?

Who is more likely to come back into the side quicker? McCarthy or Hewett?

And which mids and/or fwds are people looking at to replace either of them?

Who is more likely to come back into the side quicker? McCarthy or Hewett?

And which mids and/or fwds are people looking at to replace either of them?
I'm going to guess McCarthy because he's been replaced with fringe players where as Hewitt has lost his spot to McVeigh.

However if neither are back next week I'll be looking to make a double rookie trade next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back