Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I nuts for bringing Savage into my side ???
I've had him since the start at D3. Happy enough with him. Not a lot of good defenders at the moment so he's definitely worth a look.

I think I might have to look to offload Lloyd in the next few weeks.

I think I will trade Merrett this week. He is not in any kind of form and costing me a lot. Even if he does find form and average 120 for the next month, he’ll still be close to 550k. I’ll wait for him to find form before I trade him back in in one month, minimum. Have the money to get him to Gibbs.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep go for Gibbs. I just traded Parker to him and it feels so good. Gibbs just seems so safe this year and I think he will be a top 6 mid

I've had Merrett and Zorko this whole year. One needs to go at least. Does anyone have any suggestions?
i would suggest Gibbs. Duncan is another option and it helps him that Ablett is out for a while now. Hunter would be very ballsy but could pay off massively. I just cannot go there though, I really need some stability in my midfield and need a safe 115+ every week apart from Titch. I started with Duncan but I now feel that Gibbs is a safer pick and I am still a bit wary of Duncan's hamstring injury. Dusty is also now an option to get later on but probably not an immediate solution for you

What's your thoughts on Toby McLean mate? Starting to look a safe bet and shaping up to be a top six forward.
Was worried that Wallis coming in would hurt his score, but still worked well in our midfield rotations. Have had him since the start, as i feel he is more likely than Dahl to both kick it and score goals.....

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was worried that Wallis coming in would hurt his score, but still worked well in our midfield rotations. Have had him since the start, as i feel he is more likely than Dahl to both kick it and score goals.....

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to hear - I've been on him throughout pre-season so am glad to see a decent start from him.

Should I hold Billings - kid drives me nuts. I don’t really have any trades I need to make. So i can afford to go sideways. Just not sure who I would bring in for him.

Should I hold Billings - kid drives me nuts. I don’t really have any trades I need to make. So i can afford to go sideways. Just not sure who I would bring in for him.
Billings is driving me bonkers too, has been piss poor the last couple of weeks. However he started pretty poor last year and when he gets going you cannot afford to not have him. Question is was that form last year only a tease of his potential or a bit of a fluke?

Would be a big risk pulling the plug on two guys I had absolutely penciled in to be within the top 6/8 players of their position. Whilst I'll fully acknowledge how likely this is to change another hundred times I've currently got:

Zerrett -> Fyfe
Billings -> McLean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Lachie Hunter the real deal?

Looking at him as a Zerrett replacement. Just wondering if he can keep it up all year and go 110+ average

He' been good in previous seasons but was down last year. I' getting him this week. He did me well in 2016.

I’m liking McClean, just want to know if his midfield time is secure or not.

Hard to say, we have been appalling for two weeks, then much better today. Bont spent more time forward today, or as relief ruck. Is that likely to be repeated ? Hard to predict. Toby is certainly part of our rotations in the midfield, so won't lose all midfield time...

Considering a couple of rookie switches, will depend on BEs. Ben Jacobs/Richards/Coffield on my radar; Barry/Brayshaw/O'Connor in the gun. Frampton could come in for Venners if he's named. I'll trade Walters (back to Greene?) if he's rested.

Hurn and JOM did their jobs, so I'll hold them for another week.

I'm looking at Luke Ryan to Ratugolea.

Second trade is probably Parker out. Looking at Murphy or Fyfe as players that are poised to increase in value rapidly and are in good form. I could get Gibbs but that would leave me with $0 in the bank.

Holding Zerrett & Billings.

If a good rookie is named like Wigg or maybe Constable then I might cancel the premo swap and just downgrade Brayshaw.

I'm looking at Luke Ryan to Ratugolea.

Ratugolea seems like a decent option, he played well against us last night - very prolific and played all around the ground. Quite an impressive performance for his 2nd Senior AFL outing.

Second trade is probably Parker out. Looking at Murphy or Fyfe as players that are poised to increase in value rapidly and are in good form. I could get Gibbs but that would leave me with $0 in the bank.

Holding Zerrett & Billings.

If a good rookie is named like Wigg or maybe Constable then I might cancel the premo swap and just downgrade Brayshaw.

Any particular reason you're trading out Parker over Billings? Parker hasn't be fantastic but he's certainly been less lackluster than Billings.

I've decided im getting rid of Billings and Merrett.

Billings is playing in a forward line that is constantly starved of opportunity. His only decent score was in Round 1 against an equally terrible side, in a game the saints won. The saints draw up until round 8-9 is one of the toughest in the comp, and I dont expect him to improve his output. Trade out now, with a aim to trade him back in post byes, when the draw eases up slightly. Hopefully he can play himself in to some form by then.

Merrett looks disinterested since his concussion. I cant afford to have premo players sitting on the field, regardless of history, and what was expected of them, only to have them score rookie like scores. Against low quality opposition as well.

I'm looking at trading in;
Cogs - he is a lock. dont need to explain his selection. Need to do it before he hits 800k. I had traded out Merrett for Cogs last week. Before a stupid decision to play around with my trades 5 min before lock. Arghh stupid app froze on me before I could confirm my trade back to cogs, and so lost the trade, and ended up staying with merrett. So this week I dont care what people are saying. 'no point trading merrett, you've alread lost 180k on him, might as well rid him out'. Stuff that.

The forward line trade in is a little more difficult. Before the weekend I would of looked at Taranto and kept some cash. Not so sure after this weekend, considering he didnt do that well in a losing side. Im thinking either Robbie Gray, or McLean. Leaning more towards Gray. Mainly due to his performance in round 2 against quality opposition. I'm just not comfortable with picking Port players, bye being a big factor.

After going Cogs, I have $616k in the bank. I already have Gibbs, Fyfe, Dusty, and Titch in mids, and have Heeney and Smith in fwds.

Do you guys have any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back