Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Rioli has better JS, but Waterman should make you more money...he has the lowest BE in the comp at -19. Footywire price projections (based on maintaining average I think) have Rioli up 14k then 14k, Waterman up 45k then 33k.

Very true.
Having said that, can expect Rioli to push average into 40s, which means an expected plateau price to around 300k (i.e 100+ k to be made), whereas Waterman dropping average to 55-60, means expect plateau around 400k i.e. similar rise.
Which means if the points are on the bench anyway, you can get the extra 80k now, and probably have a similar rise over next ~6 weeks, provided they are both still playing. If either is dropped (Waterman more likely) then it makes an easy case for the other.

Waiting to see where zerret is named. If he's named FF he will probably go, don't know who to yet.

Treloar>cogs will probably happen.

Will look to get whitfield in the following weeks if his price drops a bit.

Also might go Billings>Hogan if I don't trade zerret, hogan looked good on the weekend.

Very true.
Having said that, can expect Rioli to push average into 40s, which means an expected plateau price to around 300k (i.e 100+ k to be made), whereas Waterman dropping average to 55-60, means expect plateau around 400k i.e. similar rise.
Which means if the points are on the bench anyway, you can get the extra 80k now, and probably have a similar rise over next ~6 weeks, provided they are both still playing. If either is dropped (Waterman more likely) then it makes an easy case for the other.
Yep, you're right.

I should have said Waterman likely to make you money more quickly, which imo is more important than total in this game. If Waterman plays the next 2 games and nets you 75k you can then trade him down to Rioli (up 30-40k in the same period) and hopefully hold until Ryan/Langdon come back.

That's the way I play, though, which might not suit you. I try not to trade players I perceive as keepers unless my hand is forced by injury or risk of a donut, but I'll happily flick rooks and midpricers around to keep generating cash.

I started with Waterman but traded him out after round 1 because he was on field. I've no qualms trading him back in now to sit on my bench for a couple of weeks as a cash grab. Yes I might get stuck with him as there could be more pressing issues to deal with, but I'm prepared to take that risk to keep improving my team.

Yep, you're right.

I should have said Waterman likely to make you money more quickly, which imo is more important than total in this game. If Waterman plays the next 2 games and nets you 75k you can then trade him down to Rioli (up 30-40k in the same period) and hopefully hold until Ryan/Langdon come back.

That's the way I play, though, which might not suit you. I try not to trade players I perceive as keepers unless my hand is forced by injury or risk of a donut, but I'll happily flick rooks and midpricers around to keep generating cash.

I started with Waterman but traded him out after round 1 because he was on field. I've no qualms trading him back in now to sit on my bench for a couple of weeks as a cash grab. Yes I might get stuck with him as there could be more pressing issues to deal with, but I'm prepared to take that risk to keep improving my team.

Good point - I am trying to look longer term but because lots of rookies have played in the first few rounds I think you're right and we will need to take the quicker money wherever possible.

I try to look at trade level / max / plateau prices for rookies and midpricers, and the cost to up/downgrade them to other good targets.
At this stage I estimate I have 10 definite keepers (either those players or a sideways in case of LTI), which means the other 19/20 players (maybe not R4 haha) I expect to be traded. (If players like T.Kelly, JOM, Christensen can remain keepers then great!)

On this basis, I estimate I'll need around approx. 900k extra to upgrade to a full premium (top 8-10 players in each line) side.

There's 43 trades left so some of these cash grabs will be the way to get that.

I still see guys like Mirra, Wigg, 170k ruck as rookie options to bring in. Harley Bennell could play later on aswell.

There will be others that pop up aswell as injuries mount later in season. Maybe a Joel Smith, Freeman ect

Tiziani, Mutch, Guelfi, Dyl Clarke, Ahern aswell

I've traded Hibberd down to Coffield, makes me some cash.
Was going to trade Merrett, but as he's already lost almost 200k, I'd rather back him in to try and find his form.
Trading out Brayshaw who has a BE of 33 this week up to Mclean. Makes my forward line look pretty good with Heeny, Billings, Smith, Walters, Mclean and Waterman. Hopefully Billings can find his round 1 form again.

Does the Hibberd trade mean you are rocking 4 rookies in the backline?

I have Hibberd, Ryan, and Merrett. Honestly not sure who stays and who goes.

I have 4 rookies in the backline currently - Coffield, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray (bench is Murphy & Pearce)

Super dicey and makes me nervous but seems to be where the rookies with good JS are and I don't like many of the back premo's except for an obvious few

Taranto to Buddy
Or
Neale to Gibbs

Leaning towards option 2 for long term as hopefully Taranto has another few big scores in him and will make some more cash, plus leaves $150k for a down/up next week

Neale isn't doing bad..why trade? He isnt getting 110s, but hes consistently getting 90s

Taranto to buddy is a solid trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking:

Naughton > Coffield
Ryan > Christensen

There's such a dearth of forwards to look at, so feel like a mini-upgrade of Ryan to Christensen is worth it, but not sure.

My same trades except Brayshaw -> Coffield.

No.
But depends who you are getting rid of - unlikely to be top 8 defender (though he may do!) but is a good stepping stone at this stage of the season.
He definitely is at the moment, sitting 4th on average behind Laird, Hurn and Simpson. Been perfect for D3.

Yep would have 4 if I go with that trade, along with Laird and Simpson. I’d keep Ryan if I had him, assuming the injury isn’t too bad, he’ll make some cash when he comes back. Finlayson, doedee and Murray seem to be as reliable as most premo’s at the moment.

cant decide to focus on swapping out some under performing rookies, or cash in for an upgrade...

option 1:
Jaidyn Stephenson -> Coffield, Fritsch -> higgins

option 2: (current rucks are grundy, jacobs, english)
nic nat (currently on the bench but was going to trade him next rnd) -> Cameron (NPR), Jaidyn Stephenson -> hogan or Jarryd Lyons

option 3:
Fogarty(NPR) -> higgins, dusty -> gibbs
dusty's had an okay start but his $/point is way up there (peaked?). tigers have a good run coming up though

I have 4 rookies in the backline currently - Coffield, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray (bench is Murphy & Pearce)

Super dicey and makes me nervous but seems to be where the rookies with good JS are and I don't like many of the back premo's except for an obvious few

Yep I'm exactly the same in backline except I have Guthrie instead of Coffield. May but Murphy in once or twice but happy with the outputs at the moment. 60+ scores across the board, one of the four get an 80-90 score = average 65-70 between those 4. Good JS, good scoring, good price rises.
Backline = less premos, better rookies
Forwards = more premos, less rookes (esp with Ryan now out)

Yep I'm exactly the same in backline except I have Guthrie instead of Coffield. May but Murphy in once or twice but happy with the outputs at the moment. 60+ scores across the board, one of the four get an 80-90 score = average 65-70 between those 4. Good JS, good scoring, good price rises.
Backline = less premos, better rookies
Forwards = more premos, less rookes (esp with Ryan now out)
I'm interested in Ratugolea this week. Played well against our mob and moved well for a big man. Only had 7 hitouts which means I think he has room for improvement when he comes up against weaker rucks. Job security is probably the worry but could make some serious coin quickly at this rate. Shadow89 what say you :moustache:

I'm interested in Ratugolea this week. Played well against our mob and moved well for a big man. Only had 7 hitouts which means I think he has room for improvement when he comes up against weaker rucks. Job security is probably the worry but could make some serious coin quickly at this rate. Shadow89 what say you :moustache:

He's done his JS no harm with his performance last week. Seems to be ahead of Buzza and is a good back up ruck to whoever we choose. If he keeps it up, could be that second foil we've been looking for, for Hawkins. I'd say he's pretty safe and a good option for the meantime. Can't see anyone ahead of him :)

He's done his JS no harm with his performance last week. Seems to be ahead of Buzza and is a good back up ruck to whoever we choose. If he keeps it up, could be that second foil we've been looking for, for Hawkins. I'd say he's pretty safe and a good option for the meantime. Can't see anyone ahead of him :)
Well that locks in one of my trades this week :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back