Autopsy Round 5, 2024: GWS v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not so sure I believe we can better right now.

The reality is are 10-13 since round 6 last year. This is us. We are not a good football side.

The Cats game and today severely flattered us on the scoreline. Could have easily lost to Tigers as well. Got a dream run against the Pies with the umps. Could easily be 0-5.

We have been crap all year, game style is also unwatchable.

No chance of finals this year. Hopefully the likes of Owens, Pou and especially King improve and we are half decent next year. Right now we suck.

We just went interstate, played the top team and lost by a point.
Heaps of kids in the team. A few senior players very, very ordinary.

Butler can't play again unless he is kicking 5 every week in VFL, we were essentially a man down with him on field, compare his effort to Garcia.

This score and the Geelong score flatter us big time, GWS are just so damn talented and we had to work so hard for everything.

Steele, Marshall, Ross our best. Owens had a weird game, Pou was okay and Sinclair has seemingly lost his confidence and we need him to find it quickly.

Hill might have had a big game on paper but his sloppy, lazy turnovers drive me insane
Drop Butler and pump games into Lance. At least increase his draft value in case he wants to go back to mommy.

The reality is are 10-13 since round 6 last year. This is us. We are not a good football side.

The Cats game and today severely flattered us on the scoreline. Could have easily lost to Tigers as well. Got a dream run against the Pies with the umps. Could easily be 0-5.

No chance of finals this year. Hopefully the likes of Owens, Pou and especially King improve and we are half decent next year. Right now we suck.
Epic take on us being 2-3 having played twice interstate (and the Cattery) all three losses by a kick or so to team currently in the eight with a significant injury list, plus I guess we beat the reining premier at their ground, playing tons of young guys... we don't suck that bad...

Re Butler, Jones, Sincs etc. The reality to me is we have had to play guys who are underdone to fill a team that is not too young. If not we go with far too many young players.

We really need to get on top of the injuries.

Also we hve been absolutely screwed by the AFL fixturing. I don;t care what people say it matters, espescially early in the season.

Too have 2/7 games at home, traveling to adelaide, Geelong and Canberaa is cooked. Multiple 5 day breaks.
I think we also need to play a game style that is less taxing, otherwise, injury is inevitable when your body are fatigued.

We just went interstate, played the top team and lost by a point.
Heaps of kids in the team. A few senior players very, very ordinary.
I am more than okay with today's results. My point is more there is now a strong body of evidence we are not a good football team.

10-13 since round 6 last year. Outside a hot start last year we are just as crap, possibly more crap then we were under Ratten.

We are playing a younger side though to be fair. So there is potential next 1-2 years. This year wilĺ be more of the same. 10 goal games, coin toss if we win or not. Definition of mediocre.

Holy hell, we can't even talk about if our forward structure suits King or not without people going off the deep end.

Our first half of last year we were very open an unpredictable.
Today we kick six in an open forward line when he goes off.

Why can't we discuss this without being shut down?
We lost Lockett in 95. Sydney makes the Granny in 96, next year we are in a Grand Final. Beneficial to both clubs.

We need to be able to discuss the pros and cons of King.
Do I want him traded? No. But we need to sort out our forward line, 3 qtrs we are congested like an Easter egg hunt, last quarter, we open up and nearly snatch a win.
King is not untouchable, nobody is. He has been in the system 5 years and is not coming on.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

And the thing that killed us.

Poor disposal and decision making.
And goal kicking….once again.
Rinse and repeat.

Must say we saw Owens at his best and worst…in one game!
FFS someone teach him how to kick a goal and Pou ( x2 now) not to run into the man on the mark! 😱

As much as we shouldnt even consider that question, the answer is definitely yes. Melbourne and the Bulldogs won a flag with gun midfileds and throw together forward lines. You rarely if ever see key forwards winning the Norm Smith Medal in winning GF sides, they mostly go to midfielders who impact and win the big games. We had the best key forward in the game in 2009/2010 and he wasnt able to drag us over the line.

Max is good but Im convinced his weaknesses will not allow him to become great. Absolutely I would do the trade, but they would want to be elite midfielders with plenty of years left.
Max is 23yo, Hammer 20. They have a long time to sort their stuff out.
As others have said, Max should be moved up the ground.

Instead of Marshall hack kick the ball forward 20 times a game.. I’d rather have him tapping to one of our mids and getting better/ cleaner entries and bring the rest of the midfield into the game.. Him hack kick forward = our other mids having no impact, and potential intercepts by opposition.

If our F50 players were were dangerous we should have scored from 50% of those entries. Its not Marshall's fault our F50 got beaten to the ball consistently. Phillipou escapes a lot of attention but he hasnt fired a shot all year, if we had replacements he should have been dropped IMO. Butler had no preseason and its showing, Owens you get effort with no footy smarts, Sharman was invisible, Caminiti was good in the last but prior to that was well beaten, King refer Sharman, Higgins is dangerous but is often well beaten by his opponent, Membrey is too often asked to play against players 10cms taller than him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilarious comments today like we’re gone come on GWS only had 2 1/2 wins round 10 last year so the years not over & we are playing our 2nd string midfield.

We’ll be fine as the year goes on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Time to trial King as a ruckman, he just doesn't look comfortable on an AFL field let alone being our Marquee forward.

It looks like if given a chance Caminiti could be our number one tall forward, just seems to give the impression he belongs at AFL level, King has never had that look,King has got the same scared nervous look Billings has, just like they fear being on.the field.
He was actually good the first couple of rounds. You are embarrassing yourself with some of these over the top calls about him, he had a poor game to say he doesn't look comfortable on an AFL field is plain idiotic I'm sorry.

I am more than okay with today's results. My point is more there is now a strong body of evidence we are not a good football team.

10-13 since round 6 last year. Outside a hot start last year we are just as crap, possibly more crap then we were under Ratten.

We are playing a younger side though to be fair. So there is potential next 1-2 years. This year wilĺ be more of the same. 10 goal games, coin toss if we win or not. Definition of mediocre.
Based off the age of the players we are using this year. We are a bottom 4 side for average age. We line up with hawthorn north Westcoast Adelaide

We have 8 who played today, who played under 50 games at round 1 this year. We have another 4 who have played this year, including debutants that are below 50 games.

12 players with that little experience- getting games.

Plus king and stocker - who are over the 5 game threshold but below 75.

I’d suggest to you and anyone else that if we make finals continuing this trend. We have had a great year.

The above profile. Isn’t built for finals or success.

I’m not sure making finals is a priority
We are a long way off through the midfield. Just need time.

Butler can't play again unless he is kicking 5 every week in VFL, we were essentially a man down with him on field, compare his effort to Garcia.

This score and the Geelong score flatter us big time, GWS are just so damn talented and we had to work so hard for everything.

Steele, Marshall, Ross our best. Owens had a weird game, Pou was okay and Sinclair has seemingly lost his confidence and we need him to find it quickly.

Hill might have had a big game on paper but his sloppy, lazy turnovers drive me insane
I would rather see collard than butler. I reckon that will happen next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 5, 2024: GWS v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back