Discussion Round 6, 2018 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

3 posts and you know inside information?
You could well be on your way to a POTY award

How could they not though?
Did they not think white shorts would be needed throughout the season??

So it's likely a Carlton move, not a Nike one?

Not a Carlton move at all. AFL asked for a please explain from the moment they ran out in Round 1 against Richmond. They team wasn't on the ground for longer than 5 minutes before a email was sent. AFL told Carlton that White shorts are a must for away games when wearing the navy guernsey.

I have been told that it was a Nike and Carlton idea to go with no white shorts for Season 2018 until the AFL had stepped in.

I would rather the Blues not wear navy.
But if they can wear navy, so can the Crows. Less blue than the Blues.

CGR making Carlton's shorts is huge news for this board. It's probably the weirdest on-field anomaly since Adelaide players were wearing the previous year's jumpers.

I really hope we get more details. I'm assuming Carlton (rightly) reacted to the negative criticism on the grey shorts but Nike, having emotionally detached themselves from the AFL, didn't want to spend the resources.

This is the third week in a row where Carlton has played with its navy blue home guernsey against a primarily royal opponent and for me it worked each time. I'd still rather the Sturt guernsey as a clash than the 'wolf grey', but only worn against Adelaide, Collingwood, Melbourne, Fremantle, Port Adelaide and St.Kilda when needed.

Not a Carlton move at all. AFL asked for a please explain from the moment they ran out in Round 1 against Richmond. They team wasn't on the ground for longer than 5 minutes before a email was sent. AFL told Carlton that White shorts are a must for away games when wearing the navy guernsey.

I have been told that it was a Nike and Carlton idea to go with no white shorts for Season 2018 until the AFL had stepped in.
So why not then just accept the clash jumper as an away jumper and go full grey in all away games?

Seems a better option than what has happened

So why not then just accept the clash jumper as an away jumper and go full grey in all away games?

Seems a better option than what has happened

From my sources it wasn't ticked off by the AFL, and all clubs must have both Home and Away shorts.... where away shorts must be white

From my sources it wasn't ticked off by the AFL, and all clubs must have both Home and Away shorts.... where away shorts must be white
Amazed that in today's world clubs can have the idea of coloured shorts and actually put it into use without asking permission first and getting it cleared
Surely asking is just a part of the system that goes into changes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As mentioned by akkaps a couple of days ago, NM havent hosted Port since NM changed to blue with white stripes. I had a look at some photos and a video from last season of NM hosted Freo, where Freo wore their white clash, which worked well IMO. I think this is the way Port will go as well rather than just adding a small amount of white with the home and white shorts combo.
We played North a couple seasons ago when they were randomly wearing their blue with white stripes for home games. We wore black with white shorts then so I’d expect the same.

...where most clubs are past the gimmickry of away jumpers and just want to wear their main jumper in as many matches as possible.
The gimmickry part is not a Carlton issue.
It's a perfect representation of the club, in a different colour to avoid a clash. (And yet it's used in your club logo)

It's exactly what a clash jumper should be, and would be a fine away jumper.
Just because you haven't had an away jumper before doesn't mean you can't now.

What jumper range does the NEAFL team have? I doubt they'd have the "Melbourne" jumper.
We wore our "Bears" jumper v Swans last year and against the Thunder this year from.memory

Guy-Richardson.jpg

Giants Academy guernsey 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Round 6, 2018 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back