Discussion Round 6, 2021 (Anzac Round) - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday, April 23
Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs (MO) (N)

Saturday, April 24
Geelong v West Coast (GMHBA)
Gold Coast v Sydney (MS)
Carlton v Brisbane Lions (MRVL) (T)
Melbourne v Richmond (MCG) (N)
Fremantle vs North Melbourne (OS) (N)

Sunday, April 25
Hawthorn v Adelaide (UTAS)
Collingwood v Essendon (MCG)
Port Adelaide v St Kilda (AO) (N)

This is general gripe, but Zurich needs to bugger off with the massive box ruining the demons yoke, it breaks it up wayyy to much (more obvious on away kits)
All they need to do is bring the yoke down and have the Zurich logo contained completely within the red yoke and it'd be perfect, the yoke has been too high with New Balance.

Collingwood’s Anzac Guernsey

Attachments

• 3E29D021-8185-468D-A3F9-5D1F12EDC1F8.jpeg
    3E29D021-8185-468D-A3F9-5D1F12EDC1F8.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 186
  • B39DAD6A-D7E3-41E5-A3AB-897858F9C65A.jpeg
    B39DAD6A-D7E3-41E5-A3AB-897858F9C65A.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 178
I like it, but I think I'd love it if the white and black were inversed. Curious to see the clash of the guernseys on the day.
Pies-ANZAC-2021-Inverted.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make no mistake about it. This will clash regardless of shorts color.
essendon with red shorts, red socks and all players wear red/pink boots
collingwood in black shorts, black socks and all players in black boots.

only way possible

essendon with red shorts, red socks and all players wear red/pink boots
collingwood in black shorts, black socks and all players in black boots.

only way possible
Yeah. Add red numbers on the Essendon Guernsey and you might be onto something there, but given it'll be white (which consequently covers most of the red sash on the back) it's going to be an absolute cluster.

Yeah. Add red numbers on the Essendon Guernsey and you might be onto something there, but given it'll be white (which consequently covers most of the red sash on the back) it's going to be an absolute cluster.
Red number doesn't really work, pretty sure we've discussed that all before (even it would look shmick)

Would a red number with a white stroke work though? Similar to this.

View attachment 1106389
I think the biggest issue you'd have is that it would be red over a red sash, so if you did do a white stroke around the numbers it would have to be pretty substantial for readability, which makes having a white number work better. Having said that, another alternative is the white number with a black stroke (similar to Richmond), or the Dons could maybe consider removing the back part of the sash and it may work (similar to GWS on the weekend). Not sure if removing the back sash is something that Bombers fans would like, though

I think the biggest issue you'd have is that it would be red over a red sash, so if you did do a white stroke around the numbers it would have to be pretty substantial for readability, which makes having a white number work better. Having said that, another alternative is the white number with a black stroke (similar to Richmond), or the Dons could maybe consider removing the back part of the sash and it may work (similar to GWS on the weekend). Not sure if removing the back sash is something that Bombers fans would like, though
You'd just make it a black number panel with red numbers. So it would basically look like the sash came halfway up and stopped just before the numbers. Similar to how Collingwood's, North's and Hawthorn's stripes all stop halfway up.

You'd just make it a black number panel with red numbers. So it would basically look like the sash came halfway up and stopped just before the numbers. Similar to how Collingwood's, North's and Hawthorn's stripes all stop halfway up.
Number panels are not always desired, I think the Essendon faithful would flat out reject it to be honest.

In regards to removing the back sash, Richmond actually did it in the 90s and went all the way up to 2005 without a back sash and it didnt look too bad, here's a quick dirty recolour
1618810813702.png
Your suggestion is along these lines i think

1618811079121.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Round 6, 2021 (Anzac Round) - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back