My centreline is as follows:
Gary Ablett
Chris Judd
Nick Stevens
Rhys Palmer
Tyson Edwards
Nathan Foley

emerg: M Priddis, Curnow

I have decided to trade foley, by trading him, i have $411k to spend. Who is going to be the best value for me?

Cheers,

Which forward rookie would you get

Armitage is risky (one bad game and he could be out) but it's a safer option IMO. Plus Mitchell ain't good enough for a gun centre spot, whereas Chappy is good enough for a gun forward spot.

Which forward rookie would you get

Armitage is risky (one bad game and he could be out) but it's a safer option IMO. Plus Mitchell ain't good enough for a gun centre spot, whereas Chappy is good enough for a gun forward spot.

Thats what i have been thinking.

i worked it out and i have 420 grand to spend in the mids.....but there are no forward rookies....might sit on it for 1 week and see how armitage plays

Porps_is_HOT_loz, Milburns price is set to plummet after his 42 last week. If you want to pick him up, do it in a couple of weeks. He could be straight swap for Ellis by then:D

Hi guys, just wondering if I can get some advice on a few trades as I am having a hard time making the decisions!!
(sorry for making such a large post!!!)

Here is my team at present:

BACKS:
C.Cornes
H.Shaw
J.Bowden
B.Waters
B.Symes
D.Mundy
D.Pfeiffer
-------
H.Taylor
A.Proud

CENTERS:
D.Cross
N.Stevens
A.Goodes
B.Houli
R.Palmer
C.Morton
------
C.Bird
B.Ebert

RUCKS:
D.Cox
T.Simmonds
------
M.Kreuzer
J.Meesen

FORWARDS:
N.Reiwoldt
B.Johnson
J.Brown
M.Pavlich
B.Hall
J.Porplyzia
C.Rioli
------
R.Gamble
K.Tippet

I have 19 trades left and $34,000 in the kitty, so I am keen to start making a few changes to my team.

The players in italics are the ones who I'm looking to trade out in the next few weeks.

This week I am thinking of trading Hall to S.Johnson, or trading Bird to Ibbotson, and then trading Hall to L.Franklin

I am also looking to trade Mundy out at some point for either King or Birchall.

In a few weeks when i have used up a few cash cows such as Morton, Bird, Tippet and Ebert I will try and upgrade my midfield by getting one or more of Kornes, Gablett or Swan.

If you have any thoughts/suggestions on these trades or what I should focus on this week or where my weaknesses are it would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

If you have any thoughts/suggestions on these trades or what I should focus on this week or where my weaknesses are it would be greatly appreciated!!

It looks like all your players are playing this week (no starting zeros), that being the case I would be reluctant to make any trades at all, until there are some juicy cash cows about to play their third games. (not sure yet who they might be).

One issue you might have, is one that I have. Brad Johnson.

I am feeling very uneasy about keeping him in the team, seems to me that his injury is unlikely to improve any time soon, which means keeping him is going to cost a lot of points, and possibly give zeros as soon as this weekend.

I am very close to dumping him in favour of Franklin, however in order to do this I would have to downgrade Proud to Pears/Ibbotson. I'm leaning towards Pears, but am unsure of how long either of the two will stay in the seniors.

The tipping point for me making this double trade (which I hate to do this early and will take my total trades made to 6), is that if I don't I will have a zero starting in my backline. If I make the trade I should have a full 22, not have to worry about Johnson playing/not playing/playing badly and finally have a defender rookie make me some cash.

Anyone have some advice on whether this Johnson and Proud for Franklin and Pears is a good move?

And, if so, would you go for Pears or Ibbotson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riewoldt or Franklin? I am stuffed if I can decide. Heart says buddy, head says Riewoldt. Franklin needs goals to score big, whereas Nick doesn't. Buddy is more likely to put in a shocker at some stage and be cheap again down the track.....

Oh don't mind me I am just trying to convinve myself:confused::D

Chapman has a high BE, will (probably) be cheaper next week. Also I steer clear of him because of injury concerns.
Hmmm I'm really not sure what to do. Franklin's averaging about 8 more and it about 30k less. You think Buddy is a go this year, and could average 90? I just don't want to bring in someone who's not a "keeper" but this year he looks unstoppable and he could be just that.

Hmmm I'm really not sure what to do. Franklin's averaging about 8 more and it about 30k less. You think Buddy is a go this year, and could average 90? I just don't want to bring in someone who's not a "keeper" but this year he looks unstoppable and he could be just that.

Thing is with Buddy, you just never know. I reckon he will average 90 easily, but be prepared for some poor scores along the way, when he has his bad days. Watching the game last week it is obvious that the midfielders are trying to get the ball to him. Opposition teams have tried several different defenders and double teaming him and he has been unstoppable. So far.........

Thing is with Buddy, you just never know. I reckon he will average 90 easily, but be prepared for some poor scores along the way, when he has his bad days. Watching the game last week it is obvious that the midfielders are trying to get the ball to him. Opposition teams have tried several different defenders and double teaming him and he has been unstoppable. So far.........
All too hard! :p Cheers for the replies mate, much appreciated.

This is a big trade for me, just my second of the year and I really don't want to stuff it up.

Dyson--> Bruce
Griffen--> Scotland

any detractors?

I also have Hill and Ellis I want to change to SJ and JWS/Goddard.

Dyson... HACK

Bruce... Melbourne midfield, do you trust it?

Griffen... suffering poor TOG at the moment. Will probably rise further, but will be slower after 45 last week. I have him and he is going to turn into Judd or Kane Cornes next week.

Scotland... Starting to hit some form but has been playing loose man in defence, will he stay there?

Dyson... HACK

Bruce... Melbourne midfield, do you trust it?

Griffen... suffering poor TOG at the moment. Will probably rise further, but will be slower after 45 last week. I have him and he is going to turn into Judd or Kane Cornes next week.

Scotland... Starting to hit some form but has been playing loose man in defence, will he stay there?

Griffen needs a 90... he is capable and I love watching him but I think it is reasonable to get rid of him now.

Dyson requires only a small score but previous form against Collingwood is poor and is likely to only break even.

The players I'm getting represent value for where they are at the moment with potential to go higher.

Scotland is a positional worry.
Bruce is a team worry. When I watch games though they always look to him and I like him playing in a Bowden-esque type role in the backline.

Gibbs is to Kornes next week. A little disappointed I couldn't get Scotland and SJ this week instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back