Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Got Masten back in to my team. Still bummed that I had him at the start, traded him out (stupid reasoning) and now have him back. 14 Trades left so early in the season. Will have to sit on it for awhile.

I'm thinking of Trading Griffen to Scotland (will leave me with 5k in the bank). What are people's opinions on this trade? I think Griffen might start to taper off soon (already started last week with his 45), and Scotland is damn cheap. Help me please!!

Some commentary in the No Passengers link this week, which is now on the main board, about which midfield gun is best to trade in this week. Might be worth looking over before you decide. Also a player summary link to Scotland in the last post by Kildonan.

Personally I think Scotland is a fantastic choice in the price range but have a quick look at the player summary before deciding.

Even with Bowden being named this week I've decided to trade him out and went Bowden to Pears and then upgraded Hill to Franklin. Believe that Franklin has got over the issues of consistency and will score about the same if not more than Bowden will for the rest of the year.

I now have $173k left over to upgrade a couple of my rookies in the next few weeks as they start to max out.

Some commentary in the No Passengers link this week, which is now on the main board, about which midfield gun is best to trade in this week. Might be worth looking over before you decide. Also a player summary link to Scotland in the last post by Kildonan.

Personally I think Scotland is a fantastic choice in the price range but have a quick look at the player summary before deciding.

Thanks mate, your opinion and the no passengers discussion have reinforced my decision. Legend!

have 16 trades left and just enough money to upgrade N Stevens to Scotland
Good trade?

Stevens shouldn't be traded, imo is a keeper all year. There is just no point in trading out a player who has been quite consistently good. Of course Scotland is at an extremely juicy value but there are better uses of a trade than this.

If you HAVE to have Scotland in your team, might be worth trading out a rookie (Hill) and upgrading one of your worse midfielders.

Just did 2 trades:

Trade 1: Out: Nicoski, In: Ibbotson

Trade 2: Out: Hill, In: Jonathon Brown

Was originally going to only do the 1 trade (the first one) this week, but decided to do the 2nd this week instead of next week. Brown will go up in value, Hill probably down, and Brown will probably dominate vs Melbourne.

Have 14 trades remaining so definitely won't be trading next week.

So just leave JOhnson in hope his scores will improve again, or trade him for someone else?

Exactly. You dont need to hope, his scores WILL improve, as soon as he gets over his injury. Buddy has been seriously overrated this week. Brisbane paid no attention to him. He may score well again this week, but will be his standard inconsistent self.

Stevens shouldn't be traded, imo is a keeper all year. There is just no point in trading out a player who has been quite consistently good. Of course Scotland is at an extremely juicy value but there are better uses of a trade than this.

If you HAVE to have Scotland in your team, might be worth trading out a rookie (Hill) and upgrading one of your worse midfielders.

Disagree here. He has had some good scores, but mostly average. At the moment he doesnt look like a keeper. Most likely a straight swap to a fallen gun, when he has peaked. Having said this, Stevens is yet to peak, so hold on to him for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really depends on personal preference, if, when and who to trade him for. Averaging 82 so far with scores of 75,76,89,93, and 78. For a guy who has had an entire year out lacking match fitness this is superb. As the year goes on he will only continue to improve. Of course if the opportunity arises to trade for a premium gun then you have to weigh up the option if it is actually worth a trade. But for me i have no plans wotsoever of trading him.

I don't think it is right to consider Stevens as a cash cow, 2 years ago he was on the fringe of being a premium (from what i can remember) don't know of his actual stats.

my team looks like this
shaw cornes kennely stiffy symes thornton pfeiffer emg s.thompson, proud
kornes hayes cross mclean stevens morton emg bird,ebert
simmonds mcintosh emg kreuzer meesen
s.johnson pavlich j.brown okeefe porps rioli hill emg.nthn thompson, tippett

i have 15 trades left, u reckon i should hold onto them and upgrade pfeiffer to goddard next week or upgrade this week possibly morton to bruce or scotland

Kane Cornes or Sam Mitchell +47k or Heath Scotland +75k??

Im leaning towards Kane, but I do need spare cash for future upgrades.

Thoughts?
I'm just about to get Kane, has a wonderful run of games coming up where he averages 100+ in his games against them and the longer you have a premium in your team average 110+ the better.
Sam Mitchell I see as a Daniel Kerr like player that can get tagged out of games and is prone to the odd low score.
Heath Scotland would be a good pick up, but the proof is lacking that he will go to his old position. Also he could stay around the 350k mark for a couple of weeks when there is more information about his position ready for another cheap upgrade.

I am about to upgrade Gibbs to either Kornes or Hayes. Hayes has a very low break even this week (48 or thereabouts), but Kornes could possibly have a better overall year. With Kornes costing $20k more, who do people suggest?

Got a tough choice for DT this week. Got 115k in the bank and want to trade nicoski. Not sure if i should get bradshaw, leaving 6k left, or if i should get bret thornton, leaving 31k left.

Any ideas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back