Preview Round 6 v Western Bulldogs at Coopers Stadium (Norwood Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Round 6
Adelaide v Western Bulldogs
Sunday 13 February
Coopers Stadium
4:40pm

The girls started out strongly, and finished off in a blaze of glory against Carlton, while the Bulldogs got their first win of the season (albeit over Richmond). Can the girls continue their straight shooting at goal from the last quarter last week and make it a 6-0 start to the season?

Last edited:
Keen to see a vintage Phillips, with a bag of goals. She’s due to have a cracker soon up forward.

Really loving our defensive pressure right now, just need to fine tune the forward entries and goal kicking.

Keen to see a vintage Phillips, with a bag of goals. She’s due to have a cracker soon up forward.

Really loving our defensive pressure right now, just need to fine tune the forward entries and goal kicking.
You missed the game a couple of weeks ago?

Mark Robinson: AFLW season is a mess as problems mount for the AFL​

the season change to a January start has been ridiculous.

The AFL Commission and the AFL have a growing number of issues ahead of the introduction of four new teams next season, not least being the ludicrous demand that part-time professionals play in 30-degree heat on full-sized ovals with 16 players on a team, with a skill level which is improving but not sufficiently adequate to kick reasonable scores.

The gap between better teams such as Adelaide, Fremantle, Melbourne, North Melbourne and maybe Brisbane and the bottom eight teams is stark.

That’s another 100 or so players that need to be found to be of AFLW standard, notwithstanding the competition is continuously developing.

All the while, the competitors want more money, more support staff and greater respect.
The AFL is killing the players.

When has January ever been a football month?

Only two weeks Melbourne veteran Daisy Pearce raised concerns on 3AW about playing in the heat.
“It’s horrendous,” she said. “I won’t mince my words.”

Re Mark Robinson article .....he's talking out his arse

I have never enjoyed a season more than this one .....the skills have improved 100% ....the game strategies improved 100%

There are teams regularly kicking over 50 points .....unheard of in the first few seasons

However .....yes, it was a huge mistake to rush the additional teams .....that was the AFL curtailing to Club Pressure ....OK they've made their bed, now they have to sort that out

Lastly, football in the heat of Summer is ridiculous and quite frankly dangerous .....Health & Safety was shelved in favor of convenience and $$$

The Comp should be a night time comp .....makes sense ....and no way do you play it B4 an AFL Mens game !!

All of our games have been day games - and I think Sunday's game was the coolest game temperature wise.

I'm surprised they only pushed Sunday's game out to 4:40pm to be honest. They'd should've either pushed it out to 6:30pm or moved it to Saturday night. 4:40pm is slightly better than 2:40pm but it's still going to be unpleasant for players and spectators - especially at a dilapidated concrete jungle like Norwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gore the one dropped for Charlton, not sure about that at all, team was already heavy on mid/forwards and you get rid of a defender for another one. Would’ve looked at Mules and Munyard before Gore especially seeing 🇨🇮 and Whiteley are staying in after taking advantage of others getting double teamed & just getting on the end of all the good work from those up the ground last week 🤐.

Also I know Munyard was more prominent last week but her disposal isn’t at a good standard, it’s never been great but she really spins the wheels at the higher level and is rushed every time despite having very good speed.

Last edited:
I must admit, I have been following the games in quarters and chunks only. Would like to see more vintage Erin! Though that handpass by her on the boundary line was probably the best goal assist ever!

That was elite, knowing you were going to take a hit by leaving yourself open and still executing the handball. The last time I saw a handball that good, it was by my boss during a visit by the CEO

I've been wondering about Gore for a while. She's been alright, but just hasn't quite done enough. Charlton playing down a wing isn't that much different than Gore playing as a back pocket player who roams down the ground. Newman has also showed she is able to go down back a bit. I imagine the thinking is that Newman and Charlton can cover the same areas as Gore and Newman did last round.

I don't mind them persisting with Considine and Whiteley up forward, as long as they are actually going to stay forward. The reality is that our forward line has been mostly non-functional this year, and we've been winning matches either off the back of individual brilliance (Woodland x2, Phillips) or just completely stifling our opponents. Considine, for all her flaws, is athletic and can roost a long ball. She's a quality set shot, too. Whiteley is nothing special but she can clunk a mark and draw a defender. We may as well try to do things different up there because what we've done up forward is the one thing that hasn't really worked this year.

I still think that Randall will take Whiteley's spot when she returns. It seems that we don't require Randall down back this year, and she played okay up forward last year. Having her and Phillips work together in the forward line would be a luxury, with the option to switch Randall down back as a floating defender if things are getting out of hand.

Gore the one dropped for Charlton, not sure about that at all, team was already heavy on mid/forwards and you get rid of a defender for another one. Would’ve looked at Mules and Munyard before Gore especially seeing 🇨🇮 and Whiteley are staying in after taking advantage of others getting double teamed & just getting on the end of all the good work from those up the ground last week 🤐.

Also I know Munyard was more prominent last week but her disposal isn’t at a good standard, it’s never been great but she really spins the wheels at the higher level and is rushed every time despite having very good speed.
I thought Nikki had been very quiet in recent weeks so this change doesn’t surprise me at all.

I thought Nikki had been very quiet in recent weeks so this change doesn’t surprise me at all.
She’s been playing on the oppositions most dangerous mid sized and small forwards you want her to be pretty quiet, because it means the ball hasn’t been coming down there a lot which it hasn’t the past 2 weeks

Edit: she hasn’t exactly been quiet she had more disposals over the last 2 weeks then the likes of N.Allen, Button, Martin and a few others

Last edited:
I must admit, I have been following the games in quarters and chunks only. Would like to see more vintage Erin! Though that handpass by her on the boundary line was probably the best goal assist ever!
There is always replays
I missed the start of the WCE game because of time difference that confused me
Erin has missed quite a few at times but is important to our structure and leadership
You can’t leave her unwommed
🤣

She’s been playing on the oppositions most dangerous mid sized and small forwards you want her to be pretty quiet, because it means the ball hasn’t been coming down there a lot which it hasn’t the past 2 weeks

Edit: she hasn’t exactly been quiet she had more disposals over the last 2 weeks then the likes of N.Allen, Button, Martin and a few others
I don’t think it’s an issue of Gore doing much wrong, but because we’ve been playing pretty good team footy, it’s just about fiddling around with the mix to see what’s our best set up come the latter rounds.

Regarding Martin, she’s the perfect example for any fan to not focus on purely the disposal stats. Anyone who’s seen her play, harass and tackle would want them playing in their team. She’s a footy gem!

There is always replays
I missed the start of the WCE game because of time difference that confused me
Erin has missed quite a few at times but is important to our structure and leadership
You can’t leave her unwowend
🤣
Probably been too distracted with other women’s sports lately - Women’s Ashes and Ash Barty. Didn’t think I’d ever been this much into ladies sports!

Probably been too distracted with other women’s sports lately - Women’s Ashes and Ash Barty. Didn’t think I’d ever been this much into ladies sports!
To be fair you made a Comment regarding Erin that was not correct in what she has contributed
Just focus on the game just now and those before via replays
Thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back