Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point...without titch this season, the top mids are going to be interesting...someone like a Taranto, fiorini and even Shiel are a good chance at being top 8 this season. Not many would even have 1 in their team currently.
We have been waiting so long for Macrae to have a poor game and drop in price. Don't lose faith in him now.
I agree that taranto is a very good chance of top 8, but Fiorini a little unknown still and Shiel way too risky

We have been waiting so long for Macrae to have a poor game and drop in price. Don't lose faith in him now.
I agree that taranto is a very good chance of top 8, but Fiorini a little unknown still and Shiel way too risky
Fiorini has been touted and shown glimpses of being a ball magnet and a gun since he debuted. This year he's gone to another level. Watch his game closely. He's a jet. Does it all.

Fiorini has been touted and shown glimpses of being a ball magnet and a gun since he debuted. This year he's gone to another level. Watch his game closely. He's a jet. Does it all.
Yeah no doubt he has been amazing this year. Just can't do it personally, too much of a risk considering where I'm at. I'll be playing it safe and targeting guys like Cripps and Macrae to complete my mids. Just don't think Fiorini will maintain this for the whole year. I've already wasted enough trades so any premos I bring in have to be keepers

I traded Parker this week. I wasn't checking the scores but I was watching him dominate. Was surprised that he only ended up with 61....still worth holding him but I'm not so disappointed I traded him.

Butters' really slow start cost him this week, looks class and hopefully he matches it with Rozee (who I don't have) the next few weeks. Just needs one 80+ to kickstart his cash gen again and I'm sure he is capable of that.

Do you think Hayes did enough last night to hold his spot? He actually was one of the few who got into some space late in the game and had some shots on goal. I think I have to get him, and then one of Hately/Answerth in 2 weeks time. Or maybe I just pay up for Ross like I did for Hore...no idea what to do at the moment.

Libba is a big concern now but agree that I probably should hold for now. So glad I got at least one 100+ score from him on the week I got him in. I thought he could be M8 but will now have to wait to upgrade him. Hopefully he changes my mind and starts tackling like a beast again.
Parker gave a couple of frees away from crude tackles which hurt him. Could've been a 75 which would've been more realistic based on his output

I feel there's 2017 Hannan about him, even 2018 Gowers, both of them were inconsistent early but the longer you held them the more money they made as they eventually busted a few big games out

As long as I don't have to field him I'm fine in holding him as long as I have to as I feel he'll pump a 80-90-100 out one of these weeks

If you missed out on Ross then yeah I'd probably grab Hayes, I think I'll bypass on him due to my cows needing more time. Answerths tackle and mark numbers were good yesterday, if he pumps similar numbers out next week I'll grab him in round 8, DEF/MID DPP very handy, but we'll have a few options that week at least
6 weeks in and Macrae has had 1 excellent game and quite a few duds. Plus Bevo is screwing with everyone's roles adding even more frustration.

When exactly do you expect him to come good?
Eerrrrr?

Sure he hasn't been huge this year, but he's still pumping points out, he'll be must have still
He's had a 124 and 132, and no duds scores at all? I mean the low 100s are only "duds" if you paid top dollar to start him. His 91 this week was 20 more than any other player would have got if they had a similar game. He will definitely still be one of the top scorers this year and will be an absolute bargain in 3 weeks
This
I have no doubts Fiorini will be a gun scorer

His coach is the problem for mine

How many players with seemingly good job security have been dropped by Dew? Just can't trust him for now. Witts, Martin, Harbrow and Swallow are pretty much the only guys there who wouldn't be dropped and that's basically their leadership group right there.

I meant justifying his yuge price tag. I guess he will come down quite a bit
Yeah I didn't start with him for this very reason, he was bound to have a quiet one or two and fall a bit

Those who don't have Lloyd or Whitfield will get them cheap in a few weeks

Likewise Cripps/Macrae for players like myself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it worth doing Atkins to Hayes? Atkins has a chunk of money left to make and has a BE of just 16, but Hayes' BE is -75 and projected to increase by 83k next week. At the moment I'll do the trade. Any Bulldogs supporters' insights into the job security of Hayes and Young would be super. Think I'll bypass Mitch Lewis. Nick Larkey, Josh Corbett and Answerth will be on the bubble next week so I probably need to grab one of them now. I think Corbett has the best JS so it'll be him.
Atkins to Hayes
Clark to Corbett

Next week Parker and Burgess to Larkey and Answerth

In years gone by I'd have done something like Butters to Hayes/Young then upgraded Libba to best available, but I'm not sure if that's the right move this year, Libbas still scoring better than most rookies

I'm likely only getting a 15-20 point upgrade here turning him into say Treloar or Rocky or something

I think I'd rather get Hore/Scrimshaw off field in a few weeks with a 65-70 average to a Tom Stewart/Laird type and get 30+ points a week there

Geez, whit dropped 62k with a be of 204.
Well done to who held out.
The only people who've stuffed up here are the ones blowing trades on Smith/Williams types to Whitfield at sky high price

Much rather his 111 average having started with him than not having him at all end of the day

Hopefully he'll be fine for next week, but won't be surprised if he misses

In years gone by I'd have done something like Butters to Hayes/Young then upgraded Libba to best available, but I'm not sure if that's the right move this year, Libbas still scoring better than most rookies

I'm likely only getting a 15-20 point upgrade here turning him into say Treloar or Rocky or something

I think I'd rather get Hore/Scrimshaw off field in a few weeks with a 65-70 average to a Tom Stewart/Laird type and get 30+ points a week there
Alright

Can do Butters to Hayes and Libba to Rocky/Treloar

Rocky trade makes me nearly 80k

Treloar will cost me about 4-5k on what I already have

Think I'll take Hayes for Butters, averaging just over 70 with two low 70s scores, that's pretty handy for generation, Butters hasn't gone above 69 yet and doesn't look like he will.

Hold or trade Libba? I feel trading him is very ragey and it'll mean I have to take a Walsh/Constable all year as bench coverage, Libba can definitely average 85-90 over the year which will be good enough for M9. Feel whoever I take as M8-9 will be vital for my chances in this comp. Libba has the experience over Constable and Walsh too to last a year, hence I feel rage trading him could be a mistake.

Think I'll hold him and upgrade somewhere next week. Gibbons might be done, Scrimshaw and Duursma might be done etc

Alright

Can do Butters to Hayes and Libba to Rocky/Treloar

Rocky trade makes me nearly 80k

Treloar will cost me about 4-5k on what I already have

Think I'll take Hayes for Butters, averaging just over 70 with two low 70s scores, that's pretty handy for generation, Butters hasn't gone above 69 yet and doesn't look like he will.

Hold or trade Libba? I feel trading him is very ragey and it'll mean I have to take a Walsh/Constable all year as bench coverage, Libba can definitely average 85-90 over the year which will be good enough for M9. Feel whoever I take as M8-9 will be vital for my chances in this comp. Libba has the experience over Constable and Walsh too to last a year, hence I feel rage trading him could be a mistake.

Think I'll hold him and upgrade somewhere next week. Gibbons might be done, Scrimshaw and Duursma might be done etc

I think I'm holding Libba.

I'd prob move Walsh on before. As being a rookies he's surely going to be rested/get tired.

I think I'm holding Libba.

I'd prob move Walsh on before. As being a rookies he's surely going to be rested/get tired.
Tiring is the thing and I'm stuck with 60s/70s after his bye for coverage

Think upgrading Walsh on his bye might be the right option

But he still had 27 touches today, low mark/tackle numbers and a high handball ratio stopped him going 85-90 today

I’ve rage traded Libba to Heeney via Drew which means I’ll be fielding Walsh, Contable and Ross. Slightly concerning. Moved Scott to Hayes

I’ve rage traded Libba to Heeney via Drew which means I’ll be fielding Walsh, Contable and Ross. Slightly concerning. Moved Scott to Hayes
I'm fielding those 3 mid rookies + Libba currently

Don't think it's too much of a risk, just need my premos and midpricers not to shit the bed, alas they did this week

It sucks waiting for these rookies to moo, but just gotta for the long game

Once Gibbons has peaked in a week or two I'll upgrade him and I'll push a Ross type to the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back