Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Options down to:

Milera to Answerth (if he gets picked)- hate picking up guys that aren't the bubble but there is no one else...i'll have to cop hore, scrimshaw and duursma on field for one more week

stinc mccarthy to boak

or

libba to larkey via setterfield. Would have to field setterfield with walsh and constable and parker as F6

stinc mccarthy to boak

or

Libba to Hayes- would have to field one of hayes, butters or gibbons

stinc mccarthy to boak. Stterfield F6, Parker to bench.

Obviously a lot will depend on whether or not cogs get's up and Drew holds his spot.

Options down to:

Milera to Answerth (if he gets picked)- hate picking up guys that aren't the bubble but there is no one else...i'll have to cop hore, scrimshaw and duursma on field for one more week

stinc mccarthy to boak

or

libba to larkey via setterfield. Would have to field setterfield with walsh and constable and parker as F6

stinc mccarthy to boak

or

Obviously a lot will depend on whether or not cogs get's up and Drew holds his spot.
I wouldnt be getting rid of Libba just yet so will probably tonne up this week... Can u somehow trade Milera to Boak with some dpp links ??

What about if you trade Parker > Anesworth via burgess
Then trade Milera > Boak via burgess again does that work ???

Ahhh...thanks mate...I did stink McCarthy instead of Parker...so still have $85k left over...keep libba for another week, Parker to bench and setterfield on field.

Backline is cooked having to play 3 rookies but will be worth the pain when Whitfield drops under $700k.

Ahhh...thanks mate...I did stink McCarthy instead of Parker...so still have $85k left over...keep libba for another week, Parker to bench and setterfield on field.

Backline is cooked having to play 3 rookies but will be worth the pain when Whitfield drops under $700k.
Im doing pretty much the same thing as you with Simpson to Boak and gotta play Scrimshaw Hore and Duursma but one of them will turn into Whitfield in a week or two so not to worried

Just shows how handy Burgess is u could say hes a keeper for the rest of the year haha
Yep, been banging on about this for a while on both SC/DT boards

If he's not playing during the byes then trade him then, but up until then he'll be handy either as a heartbeat when playing, a bench filler when there's a lack of downgrade rookies around, or he will be of use as a loopholer (particularly when I have ROB in Bines' old spot)

Anyways

Might trade Whitfield to Stewart if both Cogs and Whitfield are out or if Whitfield and a rookie defender is rested and bank an extra 125k cash. Then trade Whitfield back in at well under 700k bottomed out before his bye.

Might consider it if he doesn't play anyway as Stewart looks to be must have anyway and I bank extra cash in the process, while giving me the opportunity to let Whitfield bottom out (might not be 100% anyway for a few weeks). This also helps me keep in touch with the top teams I feel, I remember back in one of 2016/17 I think Laird got injured around this time with a hairline fractured broken leg or toe something, ended up missing like 4-5 weeks because of it. I held him and it was the absolute wrong play at the time. Cost me onfield dearly.

Options down to:

stinc mccarthy to boak

or

stinc mccarthy to boak

or

I know you have told us for the past month that Drew will get dropped but I'm more likely to win tattslotto than that happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish...not possible..this is how I’m looking, no Ross is going to hurt with $$ generation...Need bailey Scott back asap.

View attachment 664772
View attachment 664774
Just cannot understand how you hung onto Scott (who you were unmercifully bagging) and did not bring in Ross. Maybe you should be looking at some of your decisions rather than constantly bagging the players.

Yep, been banging on about this for a while on both SC/DT boards

If he's not playing during the byes then trade him then, but up until then he'll be handy either as a heartbeat when playing, a bench filler when there's a lack of downgrade rookies around, or he will be of use as a loopholer (particularly when I have ROB in Bines' old spot)

Anyways

Might trade Whitfield to Stewart if both Cogs and Whitfield are out or if Whitfield and a rookie defender is rested and bank an extra 125k cash. Then trade Whitfield back in at well under 700k bottomed out before his bye.

Might consider it if he doesn't play anyway as Stewart looks to be must have anyway and I bank extra cash in the process, while giving me the opportunity to let Whitfield bottom out (might not be 100% anyway for a few weeks). This also helps me keep in touch with the top teams I feel, I remember back in one of 2016/17 I think Laird got injured around this time with a hairline fractured broken leg or toe something, ended up missing like 4-5 weeks because of it. I held him and it was the absolute wrong play at the time. Cost me onfield dearly.
Makes a lot of sense to me. You won't be pissed off if he does miss next week then either.

Just cannot understand how you hung onto Scott (who you were unmercifully bagging) and did not bring in Ross. Maybe you should be looking at some of your decisions rather than constantly bagging the players.
I did the same thing, and it was certainly a mistake
If I had known Scott was to be dropped last week before Ross played, I would have made that move in a heartbeat. I guess I worried that when Cotchin is back, Ross will be gone
As a result I am doing Scott to Hayes this week, which is kind of the next best thing even if Hayes is not as strong

I got greedy and decided to bring in a player who was averaging 103 instead... didn't expect him to average 65 and outscored by nearly every rookie for the two weeks i've had him...also didn't epect lachie neale to be a spud as well and score 76 the week i bought him in after averaging 127.5 for the previous 4 weeks.

So do i leave Libba 1 more week??

I can trade him to Hayes and field Ross and give me a boatload of cash to trade Schultz (oops) to Mundy and leave me 229K in the kitty for another upgrade next week

Or do i keep Libba and trade Butters to Hayes and then Schultz to Mundy and leave me $5K.....

That cash money next week would be handy. Would give me the chance to upgrade Petrucelle before his 115 leaves the rotation.....

EDIT: Leaning towards trading Libba. Ross should go within 20 odd points of what Libba would and i reckon i'll get those points back and then some in the weeks after that

Last edited:
Makes a lot of sense to me. You won't be pissed off if he does miss next week then either.
Later in the season I wouldn't do it as I'd expect to have enough coverage to get by, but right now when I need the points for my rank I think it's a viable option

Made the same mistake myself. I'm still confident that Scott can pump out 70-80s again, he just needs to get his place back in the team first. Hopefully he repays the faith like BSmith and ZWilliams have (I was all set on trading one of them 2 weeks ago and probably don't deserve their good scores of late)

Billings this week, even Daniel

Heeney will play forward again due to no Buddy I'd imagine

Bloody trolling git
I'm concerned with Billings' draw. Wish I looked at it more closely before getting him in last week. He scores significantly better in wins vs losses. If I had my choice again last week I would have got Daniel or even Newnes instead. Newnes is getting under-rated here, he is very close to top 6 and is still relatively cheap. I chose Worpel ahead of Newnes to start the season but wish I chose both.

Made the same mistake myself. I'm still confident that Scott can pump out 70-80s again, he just needs to get his place back in the team first. Hopefully he repays the faith like BSmith and ZWilliams have (I was all set on trading one of them 2 weeks ago and probably don't deserve their good scores of late)
Surely with Norths season basically kaput, Brad should start playing the kids, unless.....his job is on the line :think:

I'm concerned with Billings' draw. Wish I looked at it more closely before getting him in last week. He scores significantly better in wins vs losses. If I had my choice again last week I would have got Daniel or even Newnes instead. Newnes is getting under-rated here, he is very close to top 6 and is still relatively cheap. I chose Worpel ahead of Newnes to start the season but wish I chose both.
Newnes is very similar to Witherden in output, being an owner of both, just Newnes tackles a little more than Witho, but Witho has a slightly stronger kick and mark game

Pretty similar nevertheless though, maybe Newnes' scoring is slightly more rounded

Newnes is very similar to Witherden in output, being an owner of both, just Newnes tackles a little more than Witho, but Witho has a slightly stronger kick and mark game

Pretty similar nevertheless though, maybe Newnes' scoring is slightly more rounded
I swear every single time the ball goes out of bounds on the full, Newnes takes the kick. It's amazing, and he always gets those marks from long kick-ins. I picked him in AF about 2 weeks ago and should have done the same in RDT last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back