Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not... but I'm considering similar given the potential need to cover a donut somehow. "Downgrading" Whitfield to Stewart/Hurn/Sicily/Laird should allow for a second "upgrade" trade for Clark or McCarthy via Burgess.

If I hold Whit, I might ditch Sheed for Hayes to get the cash for a more normal second "upgrade" trade.

Yeah i know what your saying mate, that's why it's doing my head in. I just hope Whitfield does not miss more than one. If, and i doubt he does, miss a extra game, i think the Lloyd option would be a sound trade

holding on boak until next week.

gone scrimshaw to telly via rozee.

gives me and emerg on def bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butters (E) loop failed, so have to field Atkins now to avoid a doughnut. Only other way I can avoid a doughnut and keep Atkins on the bench is to upgrade Constable (can only get a premo under 675k, so Yeo the best I can get now). Is this a crazy move? Constable got legitimately dropped this time and it's hard to see a place for him now that C.Guthrie is back playing well.

Or do I just cop Atkins' 40-50 this week and save cash for Macrae soon

Would it be worth trading Whitfield to Lloyd, and then when his price drops in 3 weeks, trading him back in through Witherden. I realise i'm using an extra trade, but i get Lloyds points this week, and the gap between Whit and Witho should be closer by then. Just can't get my head around the long term result. To me it seems like i'm only using 2 trades presuming i have some spare cash lol, and i'm getting Lloyd in. Reckon i'll need 100k. Btw i have 25 trades as of now.

Probably not... but I'm considering similar given the potential need to cover a donut somehow. "Downgrading" Whitfield to Stewart/Hurn/Sicily/Laird should allow for a second "upgrade" trade for Clark or McCarthy via Burgess.

If I hold Whit, I might ditch Sheed for Hayes to get the cash for a more normal second "upgrade" trade.
Whitfield for Lloyd is fine if you don't have him

Stewart or Laird if you have Lloyd but

And no, don't trade Witherden for Whitfield. Trade rookies for Whitfield, like Scrimshaw, Duursma, Hore etc.
Can't get the guts up to trade out whit and potentially lose the points he will score whilst I wait for his fall, and also have to contend with fallen mid premos.
But also not sure on Boak with Coll this week and his 116 be.

So it's probably finding the best defender after whit and lloyd.
I had no problems dumping Whit this week and grabbing the cash for Stewart

Too many rookies around that I don't trust

It's the price of a trade. Whatever premium you bring in may easily score more over the 3 weeks than a rookie this week and Whitfield the next two. If Whitfield misses next week also then imo that's absolutely long enough to justify the trade on him, we need every premium out there at this time of the year.

It's not a RnW situation here, Whitfield will fall in price guaranteed, how much is the thing.
Yeah i know what your saying mate, that's why it's doing my head in. I just hope Whitfield does not miss more than one. If, and i doubt he does, miss a extra game, i think the Lloyd option would be a sound trade
Just one more thing on Lloyd, he'll fall in price too, but not as much as Whitfield though

He'll bottom the same time as Macrae, Neale and Cripps

Butters (E) loop failed, so have to field Atkins now to avoid a doughnut. Only other way I can avoid a doughnut and keep Atkins on the bench is to upgrade Constable (can only get a premo under 675k, so Yeo the best I can get now). Is this a crazy move? Constable got legitimately dropped this time and it's hard to see a place for him now that C.Guthrie is back playing well.

Or do I just cop Atkins' 40-50 this week and save cash for Macrae soon

Tim Kelly
Jez Cameron (swing danger to mids)

Plenty of options under 675

Tim Kelly
Jez Cameron (swing danger to mids)

Plenty of options under 675
Already have Tim Kelly. Don't want to bring in a fwd premo, already have Danger, Boak, Telly, Billings, Worp, Drew.
Cameron should kick a bag this week but I just don't like picking key position players, I'm not in a position to be taking risks. Every premo I bring in must be top 6/8 in their position. So I'm leaning towards a double downgrade (bring in both Hayes and Answerth) or just do one trade (Hayes IN for Cousins).

If Crae goes 140 today I will bring him in the next week. I told myself at the start of the year that if I had the opportunity to bring in Crae for under 800k I would take it without thinking.

Punished..well now pay top price for Daniel..will probably end up being a tagger from this week knowing beveridge
I'd argue Daniel is still a little underpriced, I wish I got him instead of paying 680k for Billings. I foolishly forgot to consider Billings' upcoming fixture, he has a very tough next 3 weeks and he'll be lucky to average 85-90.

Whitfield for Lloyd is fine if you don't have him

Stewart or Laird if you have Lloyd but

And no, don't trade Witherden for Whitfield. Trade rookies for Whitfield, like Scrimshaw, Duursma, Hore etc.

I had no problems dumping Whit this week and grabbing the cash for Stewart

Too many rookies around that I don't trust

It's the price of a trade. Whatever premium you bring in may easily score more over the 3 weeks than a rookie this week and Whitfield the next two. If Whitfield misses next week also then imo that's absolutely long enough to justify the trade on him, we need every premium out there at this time of the year.

It's not a RnW situation here, Whitfield will fall in price guaranteed, how much is the thing.

Just one more thing on Lloyd, he'll fall in price too, but not as much as Whitfield though

He'll bottom the same time as Macrae, Neale and Cripps

Cannot fault this logic. I myself look likely to go Whitfield to Stewart also.

Its pulling the trigger on a downgrade at the same time that has me pausing. I myself dont rate much of the rookie options but as mentioned by several people Hayes only needs 2-3 games to be worth the punt and these 'could come good' players are starting to really slow down my $$ generation.

The BIG questions is who to trade out of my mids: Setterfield, BScott or Constable.

Scott: Doesn't make me much cash but his $$ generation potential seems pretty crap
Leaves me $275k + downgrade money when I hopefully bring in Larkey/Ansfield next week

Setterfield: Could make another $100k.....but will he play. Carlton actually look like they are gelling better without him.
Leaves me $345k. Means I can upgrade to pretty much whoever I want that week as long as I can do a downgrade also. Good timing for Macrae.

Constable: Can easily make another $100k, but have NFI why he got dropped. May end up with an extended rest?
Leaves me cashed up with $455k. Means I could do an upgrade and if all rookies suck ill have the ability to be flexible if any LTI's spring up. Which typically starts to happen at this point in the year *cough* T.ADAMS *cough*

Lots to ponder....

Cannot fault this logic. I myself look likely to go Whitfield to Stewart also.

Its pulling the trigger on a downgrade at the same time that has me pausing. I myself dont rate much of the rookie options but as mentioned by several people Hayes only needs 2-3 games to be worth the punt and these 'could come good' players are starting to really slow down my $$ generation.

The BIG questions is who to trade out of my mids: Setterfield, BScott or Constable.

Scott: Doesn't make me much cash but his $$ generation potential seems pretty crap
Leaves me $275k + downgrade money when I hopefully bring in Larkey/Ansfield next week

Setterfield: Could make another $100k.....but will he play. Carlton actually look like they are gelling better without him.
Leaves me $345k. Means I can upgrade to pretty much whoever I want that week as long as I can do a downgrade also. Good timing for Macrae.

Constable: Can easily make another $100k, but have no idea why he got dropped. May end up with an extended rest?
Leaves me cashed up with $455k. Means I could do an upgrade and if all rookies suck ill have the ability to be flexible if any LTI's spring up. Which typically starts to happen at this point in the year *cough* T.ADAMS *cough*

Lots to ponder....

Don't forget that Hately might stay in the team and be on the bubble next week as well

Well Hately is probably not a buy next week at this stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back