Preview Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 4 May, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, l was thinking about the comment that he gets lost in the midfield but came to the conclusion that he just need to be instructed to get the ******* ball and run through any kents that get in his way. I don't think he fully understands how effing big he actually is and tbh if there were opportunity a run in the 2's midfield wouldn't be the worst thing. That said, he's still just a young pup on 37 games and been thrown around a fair bit.

He is still kicking goals for us, in a team that isn't kicking any goals.

I think at this point play him in his preffered position.

He wants to be a forward, let him be a forward, his long term development trumps our short term needs in my opinion. (Especially when he's not shown himself to really dominate when thrown in the middle, far from it actually)

Last edited:

He wants to be a forward, let him be a forward, his long term development trumps our short term needs in my opinion.
I fully agree with that, but who really knows what his deal is. I liked seeing Stocker in there on Friday as we really lack those big bodies atm and we have looked better running more numbers through there.

Round 8 Team

B. Wilkie Battle Webster

H.B. Hastie Sch'maker NWM

C. Wood Dow Hill

H.F. Owens King Wilson

F. Membrey Hayes Higgins

Foll. Marshall Steele Sinclair

I/C. Byrnes, Collard, Garcia, Windhager, Bonner

Ins. Collard, Dow, Hayes, King, Sch'maker, Webster, Wood

Outs. Caminiti, Cordy, Howard, Phillipou, Ross, Sharman, Stocker

Really hope Shoey get a spot this week. He's done everything that has been asked of him and has a genuine weapon that we could do with.

Really hope Shoey get a spot this week. He's done everything that has been asked of him and has a genuine weapon that we could do with.

Agree, although if it’s not to be then I certainly hope he debuts the following week against Hawthorn in his home town.

Would be a great story after almost not being drafted.

He wants to be a forward, let him be a forward, his long term development trumps our short term needs in my opinion. (Especially when he's not shown himself to really dominate when thrown in the middle, far from it actually)

How do you know he wants to be a forward?

Round 8 Team

B. Wilkie Battle Webster

H.B. Hastie Sch'maker NWM

C. Wood Dow Hill

H.F. Owens King Wilson

F. Membrey Hayes Higgins

Foll. Marshall Steele Sinclair

I/C. Byrnes, Collard, Garcia, Windhager, Bonner

Ins. Collard, Dow, Hayes, King, Sch'maker, Webster, Wood

Outs. Caminiti, Cordy, Howard, Phillipou, Ross, Sharman, Stocker
I'm afraid I'll have to agree with that except Poo to stay in for Higgo.

I'm thinking the opposite way to most on here - make the minimum number of changes - King for Higgins. Move Stocker into the midfield rotations, Hugo takes Higgo's spot in the forward line playing a pressure forward role.

Everyone who played at Sandy stays there to keep building form, with the aim of bringing the cavalry in starting with the Freo game once they've got some quality game time under their belts. I think we'd just be robbing Peter to pay Paul if we started bringing in guys on the strength of one game at Sandy (or none in the case of Webster and Mason), so we should back our current team - which almost knocked off Port - to get the job done against the two bottom teams. If we succeed with that strategy, then our season is well and truly set up for a second half run with relatively match-fit players.

I'm thinking the opposite way to most on here - make the minimum number of changes - King for Higgins. Move Stocker into the midfield rotations, Hugo takes Higgo's spot in the forward line playing a pressure forward role.

Everyone who played at Sandy stays there to keep building form, with the aim of bringing the cavalry in starting with the Freo game once they've got some quality game time under their belts. I think we'd just be robbing Peter to pay Paul if we started bringing in guys on the strength of one game at Sandy (or none in the case of Webster and Mason), so we should back our current team - which almost knocked off Port - to get the job done against the two bottom teams. If we succeed with that strategy, then our season is well and truly set up for a second half run with relatively match-fit players.
They beat us with every stat known to man and kicked sh1thouse at goal, not to mention 3 players down the 10 points flattered us

Not necessarily like for like but I think we should be swinging the changes here.

Dow for Garcia
King for Sharman
Collard for Higgins
Shoenmaker for Howard
Hayes for Membrey/Caminiti
Webster for Phillipou
Wood for Hastie (although I'd love to see Hastie get a full game so we can see him properly)
Campbell for Marshall if not fit

Hopefully we see a large amount of changes this week.

In - King, Hayes, Webster, Wood, Dow

Out - Sharman, Caminiti, Higgins, Hastie, Cordy/Howard

King and Wood are obvious selections if they are medically cleared. Hayes performance was too good to ignore. Webster comes in to give is someone defensively minded down back with Sinclair moving to the midfield to add more support there. Unsure if Dow will be considered right to go but if he is, just get him in. Backing in Marshall to be fine after the 8 day break.

One of Garcia or Brynes to play as a pressure fwd, the other to be the sub.
Yes that is about right.

At present we need more experience and backbone.

While Hayes is short on AFL games, he is not short on experience. And he is the definition of a "Goer". And he is also the type of player who lifts those around him and makes them go.

Collard not ready, he goes missing too much at present, and that is already a problem with our 22.

Most disappointing that Howard flopped so badly on his return. So is a likely out.

Midfield badly needs a lift. So Dow in, even if they limit his TOG to use him in bursts.

Perhaps Sincs to rotate forward to play across HF.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should win this one, but by no means are we a certainty. North definitely a real chance.

Can we actually kick 100 points this week? 31 games under Ross and we have kicked 100 points twice.

Kicked 8 and 9 goals against North in our 2 appearances last year.

Ross Lyon footy in a nutshell.

Hayes in for Sharman
King in for Hammer
Collard in for Higgins
Dow in for Garcia (Garcia as sub)
Shoey in for one of Cordy or Howard
Hastie out

I would do that.

Wise words. The offer of reward for hard work is probably what RTB will do but it's countered by the real possibility of losing to 2 bottom 4 teams in 2 weeks. If that happens the fans will all check out for the rest of the season.

We should win this one, but by no means are we a certainty. North definitely a real chance.

Can we actually kick 100 points this week? 31 games under Ross and we have kicked 100 points twice.

Kicked 8 and 9 goals against North in our 2 appearances last year.

Ross Lyon footy in a nutshell.
If we are not a certainty against North then there is no hope...how in anyones right mind can we be worried about losing against North?

If we are not a certainty against North then there is no hope...how in anyones right mind can we be worried about losing against North?
You will beat the witches hats-North easy next week it will St.Kilda easiest game for the year just need to hit North with everything for the 1st 15 minutes and it will be game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back