Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hately and Answerth are miles ahead of Larkey in regards to scoring potential, but Larkey might indeed have better job security than them

Anyways, can't do anything until Thursday I think when we see teams
Oh yeah forgot about Hately. Hopefully he holds his spot this time, if he does I think he comes in for me.

How many trades do we all have prior to trades this round? I've got 23 left with 5 rookies and Libba still on field. Double downgrade this week will mean 21 trades and 6 rookies on field...am I better off to just do a standard downgrade/upgrade even if it's getting an underpriced guy like Guthrie? Feel like I'm running low on trades and not making progress on getting rookies of field.

How many trades do we all have prior to trades this round? I've got 23 left with 5 rookies and Libba still on field. Double downgrade this week will mean 21 trades and 6 rookies on field...am I better off to just do a standard downgrade/upgrade even if it's getting an underpriced guy like Guthrie? Feel like I'm running low on trades and not making progress on getting rookies of field.
I feel I'm in the same boat and it's really frustrating, but it's a long game this game

Like I said before there's bugger all rookies around except the three potentially this week, so if say Ham isn't named I'd seriously consider double downgrading this week then double upgrading in round 9 and there'll be a few decent premiums bottomed out that week

If Ham is named then I'd hold back on trades unless you're bringing in a Zerrett/JPK type and see how he plays on Friday night. If he plays well and looks likely to hold his place then maybe take only 1 of Answerth/Hately, make an upgrade and then plan on taking Ham the week after.

I went early on rookies last year after 1 game and I paid the price. Cumming didn't play after his second game and Redman, who looked the goods, got injured late in his second game. Wasted trades there

I'm prepared to tank when necessary this year, even through the byes. Perhaps this is one of those weeks, then round 9 I hope I go close to the weekly after doing a major double upgrade.

Libba to Westhoff and a non playing rookie to Hately.

Have none of the good rookies on my bench, so I don't think I can afford to be patient with my rookies

Larkey this Larkey that

Corbett should be miles better for a fwd downgrade this week

Larkey this Larkey that

Corbett should be miles better for a fwd downgrade this week
Corbett being a Burgess mk2 doesn't worry you at all? 33 + 59 ain't great.

Larkey at least has shown scoring potential, though he's well behind Hately and Answerth for mine.

Corbett being a Burgess mk2 doesn't worry you at all? 33 + 59 ain't great.

Larkey at least has shown scoring potential, though he's well behind Hately and Answerth for mine.

I watched Corbett v Eagles and he was fairly impressive. 7 marks and 13 touches for a rookie KPP. If he kicked 2 goals instead of behinds he's getting a 70. Plus he has Melbourne at home this week who are a rabble

Larkey could only muster 33 in a blowout win. I'm not if his JS is even that amazing either.

I'm interested in Moore from Hawks the most but not sure what his JS is like.

I watched Corbett v Eagles and he was fairly impressive. 7 marks and 13 touches for a rookie KPP. If he kicked 2 goals instead of behinds he's getting a 70. Plus he has Melbourne at home this week who are a rabble

Larkey could only muster 33 in a blowout win. I'm not if his JS is even that amazing either.

Moore's JS is average

He played against us in round 2, then was dropped then came back this week

In general I don't trust Hawks rookies having been burnt by Clarko over the years by him giving them 3-4-5 games then sent back to Box Hill for the remainder of the year

Would go your man Corbett here

Last edited:

Fair enough

Corbett probably will get a decent run from Dew, but as a Parker owner, I doubt he will get that much past 300k when we do eventually turf him

The only good thing about grabbing him for me is his bye week I guess

Anyways, maybe one to consider if both Ham and Hately are not named this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Constable will get named next week because I traded him out this week. So surely Libba goes OUT before Constable?

Libba to yeo
Constable to hatley
Have to play hatley and play 2 of Parker, setterfield and drew
$255k in kitty to get Boak next week.

Or

Constable to hatley
Butters to Westhoff via setterfield
Have to keep libba and play hatley. Only have to play one of drew or Parker.
$175k in kitty

MacRae bottomed out next week.
Gaff as cheap as he will be this week.

Hmm..

Libba to yeo
Constable to hatley
Have to play hatley and play 2 of Parker, setterfield and drew
$255k in kitty to get Boak next week.

Or

Constable to hatley
Butters to Westhoff via setterfield
Have to keep libba and play hatley. Only have to play one of drew or Parker.
$175k in kitty
Dude you have to get Boak for your own sanity if nothing else. Option 1 is better, I'd rather play 2 of Drew/Parker and have more cash than field Libbaspud and have less cash. Even ignoring the cash, I would prefer option 1. Butters can stay another week, he will drop much less in price than Libbaspud.

If Macrae keeps scoring 90s or just reaching 100 he won't be bottomed out for a few weeks yet.
I just need Crae to post one more 120+ score and I'll jump on. I'm happy to pay a bit extra than his bottom out price and go a bit early. It was around this time last year than Crae was having his run of 140+ games. After 2 x 90s, he is due a big one and could be against the lions this week (had 155 against them last year).

Is C.Guthrie the real deal? I'll get him in AF this week but not sure about RDT. I wanted to only bring in top 6/8 premos from now on but I realise that my cash gen is just not enough to sustain this strategy of paying up for the best. Guthrie's role has been really good since he came back into the side and he is really underpriced right now. I think I might just jump on.

Is C.Guthrie the real deal? I'll get him in AF this week but not sure about RDT. I wanted to only bring in top 6/8 premos from now on but I realise that my cash gen is just not enough to sustain this strategy of paying up for the best. Guthrie's role has been really good since he came back into the side and he is really underpriced right now. I think I might just jump on.
It's Cam Guthrie. Just ponder that for a while.

It's Cam Guthrie. Just ponder that for a while.

Cats supporters on the AF board think he has got a pure midfield role. With guys like Witherden, Sicily and even Laird being a little underwhelming so far, I think Guthrie is a decent shout to be close enough to top 6 defender.

I've got nothing to lose.

Constable -> Joyce
Mummy -> Gawn

I want Gawn badly and i can do this with only 10k leftover. I'm not sold on joyce but i dont want to trade to a forward rookie as id need to play them, i already have answerth and i cant afford Hately if i want to get Gawn. If Stocker stays in the team i may trade to him instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back