Shield Round 8: Victoria vs South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, when it's been 3 years or so, that usually means selectors are no longer interested.
Just checked. 2019. Can't believe it's been that long.
He's in the second XI team today which is interesting though which is why I raised it. Pretty sure I saw he was making runs back in grade cricket.
He was showing as much as Travis Head as a junior would love to see it.
Ave 48 in 2021/22.

Having seen KSmith a little bit this year, he has been going well but I am not completely convinced he has really overcome his prior weaknesses. Can dominate poor bowling like few others in grade cricket but still seems a little overdependent on that slash through the off side that got him in trouble fairly regularly during his earlier stint in the Shield team

Not super surprised to see him back in the SACA 2nds though, most of the younger guys who probably would have got in ahead of him have had poor years.

I have seem some negativity around Matthias coming in as the keeper.

Personally I think Neilsen has been lucky to keep his spot over the years so I'm pleased someone else is getting a go even if it's just for one game. Im not familiar enough with other District keepers though.

Anyone in the know have an opinion on Matthias as a keeper?

I was watching live and said it was down leg straight away. It was a awful decision.

It’s probably just sliding down but I can see why it was given. Still you have a bat, can always take the umpire out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield Round 8: Victoria vs South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back