Preview Round 9, 2018: St.Kilda v Collingwood - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 19th May, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • Magpies

Votes: 103 69.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poorest performing side in the comp yet the only changes are forced ones due to injury
This is not a good sign...
Coming off being smashed in contested footy (-20 odd) you'd expect some mids to bite the bullet.

Instead in come a small back, small wingman and small forward.

We really have an unbalanced list. Where's the 18-23 yo midfielders banging down the door for Sandringham. There is none.

Except for Freezer, you've only got D-Mac and Paton playing midfield for the Zebras and they're half-back flankers....

(Granted Phillips has come in.. but you'd still expect a team to have 4-5 mids playing 2nds. The whole game is based around a strong midfield these days. We seem to think it's half backs)

My young bloke will be stoked to see Lonie back in. Hopefully he has a great game and kicks a bag for the little mans birthday.
A great day to be born on I reckon ;):thumbsu:

Injuries aren't so bad. It's a development year, the more conservative we can be with injuries, the more games we get into kids. Rice plays game 1, Phillips game 2, Marshall and Clark game 6, Coffield game 7. Not sure when we last had five players under 10 games in one side. If Battle can perform I'd hope he joins them next week. And Rice is the 4th debut for the year. Paton probably next. Our emergencies have 13, 8, 1, 0 games. Silver linings to all of this.

FMD
So snake and gilbs out I would've thought white and rice in, good kicks, then any one of them or Jimmy can play the loose maybe, pies are small anyway so...not a bad option considering what we have left that's fit, maybe Austin I guess but match ups maybe not quite ideal

No
Let's bring in a forward pocket

Why would you make even more changes?
3 forced changes is enough.

Please show me where I said I would?
We have the lowest percentage in the AFL.
It's a bad sign that this is the case and yet we either have no one challenging these under-performing senior players, or,
if we do but they aren't getting games, then it shows there is a unwillingness to make necessary changes to improve.
Bringing in Lonie highlights this.

Going to be a quick game.

Brown giving up 15cm on Cox, will need pressure on the ball carrier and Hickey to get back and help at times.
Should be able to hold him well if the midfield can play their role.

Other than that, match ups aren't of great concern.

Need Billings or Membrey to kick at least a few you'd reckon with this forward line in its current state.

I think the changes are good when you look at the match ups.
Struggling to see how Armo gets another game though

To be fair he played forward and contributed to a couple of goals with some clever body work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please show me where I said I would?
We have the lowest percentage in the AFL.
It's a bad sign that this is the case and yet we either have no one challenging these under-performing senior players, or,
if we do but they aren't getting games, then it shows there is a unwillingness to make necessary changes to improve.
Bringing in Lonie highlights this.
Lots of aggression about nothing.

Coming off being smashed in contested footy (-20 odd) you'd expect some mids to bite the bullet.

We really have an unbalanced list. Where's the 18-23 yo midfielders banging down the door for Sandringham. There is none.

Except for Freezer, you've only got D-Mac and Paton playing midfield for the Zebras and they're half-back flankers....

(Granted Phillips has come in.. but you'd still expect a team to have 4-5 mids playing 2nds. The whole game is based around a strong midfield these days. We seem to think it's half backs)
Totally agree no midfielders. Remember Clark and Coffield both started as back flankers and we are hoping as hell they develop into midfielders and really good ones. I keep harping on about it but our recruiters are shit no ifs no buts. Skill and pace are obviously not important in today's game as our current list shows. How could we get it so wrong? We can shitcan Richo but Clarkson could do nothing with our list.

Paton played midfield preseason is a midfielder who found form playing back in under 18
Played well in inter club games ....role mid forward kicked several goals , tackled , pressured.

Ridiculous selections Armo is done yet you pick him on fastest track in the AFL.

Lonie has picked up meaningless possessions , kicking around corners , playing for frees .
Been terrible ..listing him in best players , been at the games just reconfirms things for me.
Freeman not being listed in the best for last 2 weeks at Sandringham ...mind blowing.

Had to play Battle ...watch Jeremy Howe kill us.

Going to be a quick game.

Brown giving up 15cm on Cox, will need pressure on the ball carrier and Hickey to get back and help at times.
Should be able to hold him well if the midfield can play their role.

Other than that, match ups aren't of great concern.

Need Billings or Membrey to kick at least a few you'd reckon with this forward line in its current state.
Billings and Membrey will kick plenty mate. You’re talking about points right?

Paton played midfield preseason is a midfielder who found form playing back in under 18
Played well in inter club games ....role mid forward kicked several goals , tackled , pressured.

Ridiculous selections Armo is done yet you pick him on fastest track in the AFL.

Lonie has picked up meaningless possessions , kicking around corners , playing for frees .
Been terrible ..listing him in best players , been at the games just reconfirms things for me.
Freeman not being listed in the best for last 2 weeks at Sandringham ...mind blowing.

Had to play Battle ...watch Jeremy Howe kill us.
Mate of mine is involved in the club and I was speaking to him recently about Josh. He said "Battle should be playing every game."

You watch Josh play for Sandy. He doesn't tear it a part but he just has 'something'. Can't define it but you just know he's going to be a good player. You could see if when he kicked 5 in his first intra-club as an 18yo.

Understand Lonie plays a different role and wish him all the best, but I'd far prefer getting games into Battle who can mark, run, takle and do something freakish every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back