Game Day Round 9 v. Carlton @ MCG - Thursday, 7.30PM

Which represents lower energy?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tracc played a great game but really poor last disposal, needed to be more aware and at least get us in a position to score a point

Yep, you just know Goody thinks we are on the right track and just got unlucky. Roll on similar results again in finals.
You have no idea of the learnings we will get from this.

You know what expected scores are going to say…
The kings of winning expected scores and losing. Expected scores lose meaning with this club.

You have no idea of the learnings we will get from this.
The learning will be we should have held them to less than 70 points and then we would have won. Need more contest and defence.

No we weren't. It was a bad call but we had plenty of soft ones go our way. We were vastly out played in the first.

Let's not blame umps.
And we vastly outplayed them in the last ... I'm not saying it's all them but it was a controversial and very costly decision

We put ourselves in a winning position after a really poor start. Far more than I can say for most of the last 2 decades of watching Melbourne.
I’m with you. All time dreadful in the first and nearly got there. I’ve felt worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, you just know Goody thinks we are on the right track and just got unlucky. Roll on similar results again in finals.
FoxFooty on the money. Where was the urgency for the rest of the game? We keep having these surges in games we've already lost.

Tracc played a great game but really poor last disposal, needed to be more aware and at least get us in a position to score a point
He backed himself to break the tackle, got no problem him backing himself in that moment.

FoxFooty on the money. Where was the urgency for the rest of the game? We keep having these surges in games we've already lost.
I've said it before but I think it's part of our strategy. We rope a dope and attack when the oppo are out on their legs. It's why we often kick back in the last 5v minutes and come home like we did today

With that many people around him at that time in the game I'd prefer he'd back himself to get the ball forward towards goal at all costs
I reckon he decided to take it all on his shoulders and I can’t fault him for that.

It didn’t work. But he was hot. Kicked 5, could’ve had 6 or 7. I don’t know who else I would’ve wanted with ball in hand 40 out in traffic.

Back