Round One - Game of the Week - Brighton Grammar vs. Caulfield Grammar

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate i dont think you can say this is the game of the week. with the game that started AFL football being played that takes the cake easily. the cordner eggleston will get 5000+ spectators and AFL camera's what will your game get

GAME OF THE WEEK!?!?!?!

You have got to be kidding me. How about the most historically significant game in all of Australia. If you didn't know, Scotch and Melbourne Grammer invented Aussie Rules footy way bakc in 1858 - SC and MGS played the first game ever (Scotch did win by the way)

Surely the Cordnor Eggleston Cup (Scotch vs. Melbourne Grammer) is the match of round one. Brighton Grammer doesnt deserve such recognition or respect.

didnt you start this thread saying that its the game of the week and now your changing your stance on it?

Nah what he is saying is that it wont be game of the week cos it will be a blow-out

How can you even compare it to the SC v MGS blockbuster???

Xavier's Bye is bigger than Brighton v Carey!!!

GAME OF THE WEEK!?!?!?!

You have got to be kidding me. How about the most historically significant game in all of Australia. If you didn't know, Scotch and Melbourne Grammer invented Aussie Rules footy way bakc in 1858 - SC and MGS played the first game ever (Scotch did win by the way)

Surely the Cordnor Eggleston Cup (Scotch vs. Melbourne Grammer) is the match of round one. Brighton Grammer doesnt deserve such recognition or respect.

1) Scotch and Melbourne Grammar didn't play the first AFL game.
2) Scotch and Melbourne Grammar didn't invent AFL.
3) You spelt 'grammar' incorrectly.

Umm actually Scotch and Melbourne did play the first official australian rules football game.

The first game of its likeness was called Marn grook and was played by aboriginees over an area several miles wide, using a stuffed possum skin.

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh yeah really they played the first afl game? as in the australian football league? damn shame there was no AUSTRALIAN football league around back then...

You do further maths don't you mate!

AFL is used as lingo to describe football buddy.

The first "football" game with ratified rules was played between Scotch and Melbourne. Now go back to fondling your cousin.

AFL, at the state it was in the mid 1800s, had been played for several years before that game. It simply gets called the first because it was the only one with reasonably accurate memories remaining.

As for Marn Grook, it had some influence but AFL is more of a Rugby offshoot. People just like to think that Aboriginal's invented our game as it's easier than saying 'sorry'.

You do further maths don't you mate!

AFL is used as lingo to describe football buddy.

The first "football" game with ratified rules was played between Scotch and Melbourne. Now go back to fondling your cousin.

Hey! Don't disregard the use of box-plots when it comes to football!

AFL, at the state it was in the mid 1800s, had been played for several years before that game. It simply gets called the first because it was the only one with reasonably accurate memories remaining.

As for Marn Grook, it had some influence but AFL is more of a Rugby offshoot. People just like to think that Aboriginal's invented our game as it's easier than saying 'sorry'.

Spare me mate. It was the first 'recognised' game of AFL/VFL/Football wateva you wanna call it. It will always be this way.

Spare me mate. It was the first 'recognised' game of AFL/VFL/Football wateva you wanna call it. It will always be this way.

If that's what you want to think :) I'll now let you get back to discussing young boys in tight shorts.

You are a disgrace.
Mentioning rugby in the same sentance as aussie rules - crikey!
And the sorry comment was just lame mate. I take offence to that being aboriginal.

You are a disgrace.
Mentioning rugby in the same sentance as aussie rules - crikey!
And the sorry comment was just lame mate. I take offence to that being aboriginal.

So Tom Wills going to Rugby School in England was just a government conspiracy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round One - Game of the Week - Brighton Grammar vs. Caulfield Grammar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back