Bomber Bears

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2005
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Sydney, Liverpool, NSW
I've been watching the repeats of this series on ABC3 over the last few months after i used to watch it years ago around the time of the second series/first series being repeated, seems to be a good hangover/graveyard shift recovery session. Geez its a good TV show, especially the first two series. Shits on the crap you see on kids tv these days, probably one of the better Aussie series that there has been.

Some of the stuff in it would've freaked some little kids out back in the day I imagine, eg the clown episode of season 1. Good show

I've been watching the repeats of this series on ABC3 over the last few months after i used to watch it years ago around the time of the second series/first series being repeated, seems to be a good hangover/graveyard shift recovery session. Geez its a good TV show, especially the first two series. Shits on the crap you see on kids tv these days, probably one of the better Aussie series that there has been.

Some of the stuff in it would've freaked some little kids out back in the day I imagine, eg the clown episode of season 1. Good show

Almost anything we had on back then was better than the watered down shit kids watch today.

I remember being 8 years old and watching The Animals Of Farthing Wood. First time I was ever introduced to the concept of death, and it was on ABC at around 4pm!

Nowadays you won't even hear reference to death, even in supposedly 'young adult' kid shows.

/offtopic rant

RtT was a great show, taking all the freaky Paul Jennings stories and giving them a firm setting with the Twist family.

Although I always thought Pete was a knob, regardless of who was playing him.

Almost anything we had on back then was better than the watered down shit kids watch today.

I remember being 8 years old and watching The Animals Of Farthing Wood. First time I was ever introduced to the concept of death, and it was on ABC at around 4pm!

Nowadays you won't even hear reference to death, even in supposedly 'young adult' kid shows.
The Ferals and Round The Twist was my standard viewing as a 4-6 year old i think

Season 1 was definitely the best. Scarecrow - clown episode, spaghetti pigout, the one with the magic lipstick, the one with that psycho santa... awesome.

Season 2 was good as well, but not in the same league as the first.

Didn't bother with seasons 3 onwards.

I've seen a few episodes on the ABC as well recently and it's still good television, not just limited to children. :thumbsu:

cracking good show.. saw a couple a week or 2 back. dont forget the cameos from mark mitchell and frankie j either.

Definitely one of my favourite shows, I used to love reading the Paul Jennings books as well. I've actually got a book that's about the first series (in 89) with a few pictures, and sections of parts of the script. I've had it for years but only really looked at it properly recently.

Did anyone used to watch Agro? Similar sort of humour to the Ferals, but a bit more risque (didn't find this out til recently). Could never figure out why my dad loved watching it so much:p. In today's world of poltical correctness it wouldn't be in existence.

Oh, man. I loved Round the Twist. The first series was great. I remember watching it when they changed the actors but it was never the same. Also loved The Ferals.

And to whoever mentioned The Animals of Farthing Wood, I love you! I used to watch the show religiously. I remember being so pissed off one day when I came home from school and it wasn't on. I never got to see the end of the series, either.

I also liked Arthur, which is still played on ABC in the afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Babar, Gumby, Round the Twist, Pingu, The Ferals, Funny Bones, Johnson and Friends, Animals of Farthing Wood, Doug, AHH! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, ORIGINAL Power Rangers, Ship to Shore, A*Mazing, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Genie from Down Under, Secret World of Alex Mack, Noddy, Captain Planet, Fireman Sam, George and Martha, Trap Door, Art Attack, The Raggy Dolls, Mr Squiggle, The Book Place, Catdog,Spot, Blinky Bill, Beatrix Potter Stories - Peter Rabbit, The Magic School Bus, BRUM, Miffy, Hairy Maclary, The Neverending Story, Rupert Bear, Lift Off, Stickin Around....

Man I miss being a kid again.

Notice the content of the above shows compared to what is currently on. I honestly now believe tv shows now days are what is causing the generations to believe violence is okay.... i never thought i would say that about tv... ever...

Ah the nostalgia; I miss the old show. I used to watch it everyday after school. Was one of the better shows going around. The Viking Book of Love was one of my favorites episodes. :thumbsu:

Babar, Gumby, Round the Twist, Pingu, The Ferals, Funny Bones, Johnson and Friends, Animals of Farthing Wood, Doug, AHH! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, ORIGINAL Power Rangers, Ship to Shore, A*Mazing, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Genie from Down Under, Secret World of Alex Mack, Noddy, Captain Planet, Fireman Sam, George and Martha, Trap Door, Art Attack, The Raggy Dolls, Mr Squiggle, The Book Place, Catdog,Spot, Blinky Bill, Beatrix Potter Stories - Peter Rabbit, The Magic School Bus, BRUM, Miffy, Hairy Maclary, The Neverending Story, Rupert Bear, Lift Off, Stickin Around....

Notice the content of the above shows compared to what is currently on. I honestly now believe tv shows now days are what is causing the generations to believe violence is okay.... i never thought i would say that about tv... ever...

That is an amazing list of shows. Might I like to add Arthur and Daria to that list.

Round the Twist is beyond awesome. Season 1 and 2 were the best. Although I didn't really mind a few of the Season 3/4 characters and a few of the episodes were pretty good. I had a ginormous crush on the second season Gribble which makes me laugh now considering he's a ginger :p

By far my favourite line of the entire series, from season 1:
Pete: I can't stop saying "without my pants"...without my pants!

Genie from down under was on for a while there at 3pm (WA time). I assume they've finished up all the episodes. Mark Mitchell was brilliant in that to.

The fox episode of RTT always creeped me out, not to sure why though.

As for the animals of farthing wood, Im not sure if they ever completed that show, would love to see how that ended

The 90s were a glorious time for kid's tv shows, particularly Australian made ones. I also enjoyed The Wayne Manifesto.

Was just reading up on Round the Twist on wiki, found this at the bottom of the page. Quite funny.

References and notes

1. ^ Australian Television: Round The Twist
2. ^ * Defecation: Series 1, episode 2 Birdsdo; series 2, episode 12 Little Black Balls;
* Urination: Series 2, ep.3 Little Squirt;
* Body odor: Series 2, ep.7 Smelly Feat;
* Underwear: (actual) Series 1, ep.8 Wunderpants; (referred to) series 2, ep.5 Nails;
* Birth: Series 1, ep.4 Cabbage Patch Fib; series 4, ep.13 Isle of Dreams;
* Death: Series 2, ep.4 Pink Bowtie, and implicitly most of the ghost stories;
* Nudity: Series 2, ep.11 Quivering Heap, Series 4, ep.3 Linda Godiva;
* References to genitalia: Series 3, ep.3 Whirling Derfish;
* Incest: Series 1, ep.9 "Lucky Lips"; Series 2, ep.9 Ice Maiden
* Environmental: Series 2, episodes 3 Little Squirt, 6 Sloppy Jalopy, 7 Smelly Feat, 8 Grandad's Gifts, 10 Yuckles; series 4, ep.8 The Princess and the Pete
* Relationships: Series 1, episode 9 Lucky Lips; series 2, episodes 5 Nails, 9 Ice Maiden; series 3, episode 2 Viking Book of Love

This show was like my third parent as well as A*Mazing and Ship to Shore.

yeh guess who has the bloody ship to shore theme in their head? thanks mate.

and i woulda smoked any of those kids on tetris or mariokart gettin the coins.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Round The Twist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back