Royal Eagles Draft Wants

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Woosh faster than Priddis? I know he beat Newman lol

tbh I dont see us passing sheed if he's there at our 1st pick.

has the runs on the board, local boy, trained with us during pre season 2 years in a row as part of AIS.

would love to trade our way to an extra pick at the end of the first/mid second round.

Forget kids. We have Kennedy, Darling, le Cras, Glass, Emac, Hurn, Nic Nat.

An A grade midfield and we can win the flag.

I want one of these with out first pick:

Griffin (offer him the captaincy)
Yarran
Heppell

Then I want to see if we can offload a Priddis for a

Shaun Higgins
Leroy Jetta
Brandon Matera (would need 2nd pick as well)
Dal Santo
Fasolo

We need inside grunt. if nic nat isn't smashing it in the ruck we cant get it out. That's why we have been loosing to the top teams we have heaps of outside run but we are forced to use it in the middle as rotations. plus Kerr is old and priddis not far behind.

I don't think we do. I think the likes of Shuey and Masten can develop this and I think Nic Nat needs to do a bit more smashing forward just to to create more options the opposition have to cover.

Forget kids. We have Kennedy, Darling, le Cras, Glass, Emac, Hurn, Nic Nat.

An A grade midfield and we can win the flag.

I want one of these with out first pick:

Griffin (offer him the captaincy) - Would love him but never going to happen
Yarran - Wait till next year when we can get him cheaper as he is still in contract
Heppell - yeah wont happen..plus the ASADA stuff hanging over their players

Then I want to see if we can offload a Priddis for a

Shaun Higgins - Injury prone
Leroy Jetta - Hell no
Brandon Matera (would need 2nd pick as well) - Would be good as we a proper small forward
Dal Santo - Getting on.
Fasolo
- Meh not that good of a player.

I don't think we do. I think the likes of Shuey and Masten can develop this and I think Nic Nat needs to do a bit more smashing forward just to to create more options the opposition have to cover.

Shuey and Masten are good on the outside and capable on the inside, but I don't want these two doing the grunt work and dishing off by hand to guys less capable on the outside by foot. Hence why I believe WC need to add some grunt to the midfield, not only to replace a cooked Kerr and an aging and limited Priddis, but to better utilize Shuey and Masten's good disposal.

tbh I dont see us passing sheed if he's there at our 1st pick.

has the runs on the board, local boy, trained with us during pre season 2 years in a row as part of AIS.

would love to trade our way to an extra pick at the end of the first/mid second round.

Nice segue ;)

I'm very very keen for Sheed, all round gun. Yeah, would be nice to have two early picks in this draft. Need a couple of gun mids pretty bad :eek:

You're right.
A young Simon Black sounds like an awful fit for us.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, stupid turkey slice.

I'm saying that i'd take some height, pace and line breaking skills right now over a Simon Black type.

Unless you'd rather we stick with Priddis's blistering pace in 2014.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, stupid turkey slice.

I'm saying that i'd take some height, pace and line breaking skills right now over a Simon Black type.

Unless you'd rather we stick with Priddis's blistering pace in 2014.

Though having Sheed would push out Priddis (hopefully).

Though having Sheed would push out Priddis (hopefully).

Not next year though.

Depending on who retires at the end of this season and subsequent salary cap that's freed up I'm still interested in Thomas, though I'm aware it is unlikely to the point of being almost impossible for it to occur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheed might not be tall ( 184cms) but he could be the perfect replacement to Priddis. He does not have pace but is able to wear taggers down and is very good kick on both his feet. We can draft height and pace with our 2nd round pick.

So you think 'replacing priddis' is more important then adding a fast line breaking mid who also has height?

We've been whinging about the lack of speed and outside class in our spud midfield for years. Why wouldn't that be a priority?

So you think 'replacing priddis' is more important then adding a fast line breaking mid who also has height?

We've been whinging about the lack of speed and outside class in our spud midfield for years. Why wouldn't that be a priority?

You take the best prospect in the first round, no matter what in my opinion. I really like a few of the mids from this draft in particular botempelli for our pick however i would still take sheed. I think he's an exceptional all round package, with good skills and very good inside ability. I would prefer to take one of the bigger / less polished choices with our second rounder. With his injuries i think Acres may slip to our second round pick as if available i can see fremantle going for mccarthy if he is still available with their first pick. If Acres isn't available then i'd be happy to go for Cripps as a second round pick or even Marsh if we want something a bit different.

Shuey and Masten are good on the outside and capable on the inside, but I don't want these two doing the grunt work and dishing off by hand to guys less capable on the outside by foot. Hence why I believe WC need to add some grunt to the midfield, not only to replace a cooked Kerr and an aging and limited Priddis, but to better utilize Shuey and Masten's good disposal.
Hit the nail on the head:cool:

Hence chasing Yarran at the cost of a first rounder would be detrimental. Unless Hutchings turns into a machine.

For Priddis's hate he is still one the best clearance machines in the AFL but he is not good around the ground. Sheed on the other hand can do what Pridda does but is capable of having more rounded out game and is more damaging by foot. We can than have Wellingham, Shuey and Masten doing the creative work with Scooter being the grunt.

We have Scooter, Kerr, Priddis and maby Hutchings as pure inside grunt and Shuey, Masto, Wellingham who can do both and Gaff and Rosa as pure outside mids. Shuey, Gaff, Masto and last week Wellingham are the only players who hit targets going inside 50. Take Shuey, Masto, and sometimes Wellingham and put them on the inside that leaves Gaff and Rosa so it is no wonder why Gaff gets tagged. If we get inside grunt the outside is already covered.

You take the best prospect in the first round, no matter what in my opinion. I really like a few of the mids from this draft in particular botempelli for our pick however i would still take sheed. I think he's an exceptional all round package, with good skills and very good inside ability. I would prefer to take one of the bigger / less polished choices with our second rounder. With his injuries i think Acres may slip to our second round pick as if available i can see fremantle going for mccarthy if he is still available with their first pick. If Acres isn't available then i'd be happy to go for Cripps as a second round pick or even Marsh if we want something a bit different.

For Priddis's hate he is still one the best clearance machines in the AFL but he is not good around the ground. Sheed on the other hand can do what Pridda does but is capable of having more rounded out game and is more damaging by foot. We can than have Wellingham, Shuey and Masten doing the creative work with Scooter being the grunt.

I still can't go past Bontempelli.

Also, Kevin Bacon wasn't in footloose.

I hope someone gets this reference!

I would be happy with Sheed, Dunstin, Crouch, Bontempelli, Kelly, Billings, Aish, Sharenberg, as long as we don't trade our first pick if we trade it, it better be the best trade ever but shit we need to keep our first pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Royal Eagles Draft Wants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back