Rudest/Nicest player you've met?

Remove this Banner Ad

Open Training session.

Rudest - Adam Simpson & David King

Nicest - Drew Petrie

Early 2010's I went to the same gym as Michael Mclean, genuine good bloke, and had some hilarious comments about Bucks from back in the early 90's.

Worked with Ben Reid for awhile, pretty solid down to earth guy. More than happy to share some stories about a few of the Collingwood boys from that time period.

Have heard stories from some events friends went to where the Daico's boys were present and they came across a bit snobbish, didn't really have time for anyone. I'd put that down to being at a fan event though, probably in a more causal setting they would be quite decent. I think that would be similar to a lot of players that attend these types of events.

He thought the same when he went to Freo and decided to call the Raunchy girls in a Wharfies pub "Wh**es" and "S**ts". He was with his teammates who when the music stopped and the lights went on, scuttled away from Modra as the head Raunchy girl told him to pull his head in, or the show would be cancelled, and he'd cop a flogging. As she said it, she pointed to the wharfies and seafarers watching the show, he shut his mouth, the show re-started, and the Freo boys all left fairly quickly.
Doubt very much that this happened.

Went to a big Cats-Pies game one Friday night with a colleague. We were sitting in front of a certain A. Koutoufides on the outer wing.

Colleague likes a drink or two and was well past it by half time. During the long break he started talking shit to Kouta like he was some old mate, asking his views on every player in the ground. I was cringeing, but to Kouta’s credit, he continued the conversation and genuinely seemed to be enjoying it.

Was very disappointed to find out that Travis Boak is actually a really lovely fella.

Joel Selwood is an absolute prick though.

I've told a story on here before about Richo being the nicest guy in the world, showing up unannounced at a kid's camp in Tassie to meet kids, have a kick, and leave behind some footies that had to have come from his own pocket.

Brendan Fevola was, to the surprise of no one, a dickhead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a barman in Sydney who recently was working a private event for a Wacky Wednesday. I won't mention names but the whole team acted like GIANT dickheads.

I was so offended with their unfunny antics and outfits. All my friends tell me I have a good sense of humour, so I know funny and this wasn't it.

The bloke dressed as Raygun was a top lad though, decent breakdancer too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rudest/Nicest player you've met?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back