Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it look like a sugar daddy kit from a reasonable distance? What did you have to do to get on it?
They sent an email to all members from 2020 who got the option to be on it (no cost other than the membership), the home one (shown) is A-K the away is L-Z.
20201225_043331.jpg
20201225_043458.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why that Storm jersey is getting slammed so hard. I thought it was pretty clean, I like the return of the yellow, there's an actual design element (rather than just a random gradient fade and nothing else).

Is it because NRL supporters are so conditioned to seeing 10 sponsors plastered all over a jersey that when they finally see one without many sponsors at all, it looks boring and lifeless?

I don't know why that Storm jersey is getting slammed so hard. I thought it was pretty clean, I like the return of the yellow, there's an actual design element (rather than just a random gradient fade and nothing else).

Is it because NRL supporters are so conditioned to seeing 10 sponsors plastered all over a jersey that when they finally see one without many sponsors at all, it looks boring and lifeless?
It's a bland jersey that looks like a generic "create a team" template - nothing that says Storm except for the colours and it looks more like a training or Kmart jersey.

It's very meh. The Storm have had some really nice strips over the years, but the shade of purple they've chosen blends too much with the blue, and there isn't enough of a pop of colour to make it interesting.

It looks like a training t shirt.

It's a bland jersey that looks like a generic "create a team" template - nothing that says Storm except for the colours and it looks more like a training or Kmart jersey.

It says more Storm than this year’s kit did, surely?

Rugby league jerseys are rarely known for having consistent motifs or design elements anyway. Since the lightning bolt V’s went away, nothing can compare, but I honestly don’t think it’s as bad as what some people are making it out to be.

It says more Storm than this year’s kit did, surely?

Rugby league jerseys are rarely known for having consistent motifs or design elements anyway. Since the lightning bolt V’s went away, nothing can compare, but I honestly don’t think it’s as bad as what some people are making it out to be.

It does more so than last year, but it also says watered down and lazy. As much as I dislike the club, they have such a strong brand that can be worked into the designs. This jersey looks like a training strip and not something to be seen to represent your brand on the national/international stage.

Strongly disagree Gibbsy and feel that's a bit of a pot shot at the NRL - most clubs (traditionally) can be easily identified either by their design or their colours - notwithstanding the likes of the Penriths and Aucklands who have long been trying to find their identities until recently.

Like Richmond always have a gold sash on black, so too did St. George with their red V. Even though Footscray/Western Bulldogs changed their design a few times, just like the Roosters, it's easy to spot their colours. Swans have gone from a red V to the Opera House yoke, but like Souths in the NRL, you can easily spot their colours and tell who's running out.

Even the Broncos and Titans, despite trying some awful designs in the past decade, have been easy to spot by their colours.

Melbourne have had some of the most identifiable and, dare I say, striking designs in the NRL era, but this ain't one of them. This reminds me of when Star changed them to a yoke-based design and completely robbed them of anything recognisable except for the colours. It makes them look bush league when they're actually one of the most professional outfits in the NRL, no matter how much I despise them.

Actually don't mind the design but bloody hell Castore have got the same rashy-style stitching like they have with West Coast. Less obvious with navy on purple than it is blue on gold but still looks sh*thouse.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 2.34.26 pm.png

Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back