Rugby League - who knows what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by NYPomme

The Boer War was fought in 1902 .... and was never a race war ....
Dunno quite what the relevance to me pointing our RacistPhil's comments ... I certainly do not support British Imperialism - and would NEVER jump to any British person's defence if they came out with the sort of bigoted comments that you feel the need to defend .....

To give you a little background .... Phil seems to be a perenial offender on this score .... hence the accusations ... which no doubt will be made again.......

Another thing I want to point out is your use of the phrase ......
'my breed'!!!!!!!!. Could you explain what 21st Century Britishness - and has to do with 'Breed' - and why you assume that my being British means that I neccessarily come from an imperialist gene pool. Britain is a multi-cultural society comprising people from many many ethnic backgrounds. It is one of the genuinely good things about British society IMHO.

You do not think I have the right to point out Phil's racism when I see it - WHY? - cos you assume that my ancestors (only conclusion from the ridiculous 'breed' comment) tortured Boer Children .....

3 of my grandparents were born outside of the UK - and my remaining Grandparent has welsh origins ... Under your rules, am I allowed to pass comment?

I guess ALL Americans were slave owners ....
ALL Spanish people conquistadors ...
and presumably .... all white settlers in Australia ..... well how would you say Aboriginals were treated 100 years ago?

:rolleyes:

Kitchener was Irish by the way ....

Wonderful reply NYPomme. I didn't realise that Phil was a recidivist in the racial slur department.
The comment your breed I made is being taken out of context. It was for emphasis and in no was meant to refer in a racist way. If you took it like that i withdraw it.
Your point on British multiculturalism is also fair. I also believe that one of the best things about Australia is its multiculturalism and has made it a much better place to live, with diverse views and lifestyles.
Just a question. How are your racial minorities treated on the whole in Britian? In Australia their has been an amazing intergration of the various cultural and ethnic mixes, without races riots and the such. This is mabye because prior to the great influx of migrants in then 60's 70's and up to the present, Australia was a vacuum when it came to national identityprior to this.

Just be aware that when I was born it was still frowned upon to mention any convict background in your family tree. Nowdays it is an accepted part of anglo-irish Australia if you have convict blood.
Incidently mine is a mixture of Irish dissident and English horse thief.
However I have been constantly abused as being a "convict" with all the racist implications that holds, by Brits, Boks, and others.
You see imperialism and racism go hand in hand, but as you rightly point out, you cannot be held responsible for the sins of your ancestors.

And Touche on Kitchener. A murdering bastard is a murdering bastard whatever their origin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rugby League - who knows what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back