Rumors: Bock, Kerr, Mcguire

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course then that makes it alright. Sorry but every assault charge is serious.

To the letter of the Law in our overly PC society, you can be charged with assault for "scaring" somebody. Fair dinkum! How do I know this ? I accepted a "diversion" to avoid my charges creating a criminal record. How embarassing, as the complainant was a woman. I wanted to avoid THAT on my CV. Why was I charged ? The woman parked her car across the driveway of my (off the road) shop, preventing any customers from entering the driveway thus access to my shop, whist she went "jogging". When she returned and saw me angry, wanted to know what she had done wrong. I told her she was an inconsiderate bitch and must be dumb to not realise her error. I told her she had cost me hundreds of dollars in revenue, then told her to just get in her car and f*** off. Three hours later, and after an interview, the Police press charges. Their qualification..."She was in fear of being physically abused, thus, an assault charge is warranted". :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Go figure!!

In hindsight, I am glad it WAS a woman, because had it been a guy I would have smashed him one and had a REAL assault charge to face...:eek:

hooroo....

You have to remember that you pay over the odds for players when you get them from other clubs, both salary wise and what you have to give up for them.

Unless there is an absolute gun power forward out there, it is counter productive for us to have to get rid of players on our talented list that we have worked hard to assemble, for some player from another club, just because he is available. We don't want to turn into the home for recycled players. Lets develop our own, and get 14 great years of enjoyment out of them, rather than recycle some hack from another club and get 3 years out of them.

We have so many great young players coming through, power forwards that we have dreamed about. There is no reason to go chasing players from other clubs. It is simply a waste of time and all it does is put pressure on our salary cap.

I'd trade Ryan Griffen for Nathan Bock any day. .

Here we go again, folks!

Gia has been bagged for years (leads goal assists as well as being a team leader), let's sack Johnno, someone started a "Let's trade Cooney" thread a day or two after he won the Brownlow...

...and now Griff is trade bait!

It's about time we got rid of Ayce Cordy, too. What's he ever done?:rolleyes:

^^ Good post, tbh while I acknowledge Griff has been down this year, I thought in last years finals series he was probably our best player along with Gilbee across all 3 games and you can't just go trading away proven finals players imo.

We really should make some quick decisions at the end of this season, whther thats trading etc. Gilbee, Hargrave, Crossy, etc. These guys will be basically 30 in three years, and it will be too late to push for a flag once there older. Our youth look raw still, but could bve right in the next 3-4, but by then we will have a very old backline and more. We need to act NOW, before our opportunity has passed.

I think Griffen is being very overrated here. I know he's a good player but his impact on games isn't great, he's still a gun based only on potential and he's only gotten worse this year. I wouldn't want to see him off for the club but we have an open premiership window at the moment and I'd much rather win a flag now than anything at the moment and Bock would be the ultimate key because he's the best CHB in the comp. I can't see it happening because Adelaide know he's an extremely good player but if it were to happen, I'd be willing to trade Griffen. It's only my opinion as well, I'm entitled to it.

We really should make some quick decisions at the end of this season, whther thats trading etc. Gilbee, Hargrave, Crossy, etc. These guys will be basically 30 in three years, and it will be too late to push for a flag once there older. Our youth look raw still, but could bve right in the next 3-4, but by then we will have a very old backline and more. We need to act NOW, before our opportunity has passed.

Trading away your future never benefits any club. Look at Geelong, they have built their list and developed a premiership side through the draft. They recruited Ottens but that was a for a specific need.

We don't want to go the way of other clubs that become a retirement home for hacks, duds and losers from other clubs. We have a great list and have great young KPF's coming through. It is just a matter of having some patience and waiting for Grant, Cordy, Roughhead & Co to show what they can do. I don't want these spots taken by duds from other clubs.

1. Those developing KPFs are no certainty to become guns or the answer.
2. Our Premiership window is probably going to be shut by the time they're developed as there won't be any more BJ, Aker, Welsh, Hudson etc which will be a huge blow. On the other hand, if we get another KPP, we can open it a little more and after 55 years, we could possibly win a flag now. I'd like a flag even if it does harm our development a bit.

1. Those developing KPFs are no certainty to become guns or the answer.
2. Our Premiership window is probably going to be shut by the time they're developed as there won't be any more BJ, Aker, Welsh, Hudson etc which will be a huge blow. On the other hand, if we get another KPP, we can open it a little more and after 55 years, we could possibly win a flag now. I'd like a flag even if it does harm our development a bit.

Which gun Power forward is on the market?

That is the only position we need to fill at the moment.

What I am saying, is that if you want to trade for a player, you do it for specific need and make sure that they are of high quality, not because they happen to be available.

It's like good relationships. You go for the girl because you really like her, not just because she happens to be single and is available.

Would like Goose, as said, as he offers a potential CHF role even if Williams is fit and will not cost too much. CHB is overrated in my opinion and even one of the best in the league is not worth a quality mid like Griffen.

Last years Top 4
Geelong: No Egan
Hawthorn: No Croad in GF, hurting this year but thats due to other injured players aswell
Dogs: Williams injured for finals series
Saints: Maguire would have been preferred CHB last year and regularly injured.

rumors (not buying into them yet) say that Nathan Bock, Daniel Kerr and Matt Mcguire will leave their respective clubs at the end of the year and request to be traded (i heard bock would be a more mutual agreement.).

Would we jump at them? I reckon Bock could fill the CHB role that still looks ominous with tom williams constantly being unable to get on the field.

Mcguire could be similar, and Kerr could just add class, but dont see him as much of a target as the other two.

Again, all rumors, but just want to get an idea of what others think. Would we go for them, and what would we give?

Only Maguire is out of contract. Bock's contracted until 2011. Kerr's contracted until 2013. Can't see either team willingly letting them go, so you'd a) need to match their current contracts, b) have zero leverage so both West Coast & Adelaide would be able to dictate proceedings, and of course this all assumes that Adelaide (in particular) and West Coast even entertain the idea of ditching their players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe people are even considering trading Ryan Griffen. Give the guy a break, for sure his form hasn't been as good as we expected this year but you can't underrestimate the physial and emotional toll losing his father would have brought. Watching Griffen burst through a tackle then roar down the wing, is one of the best sights in football. He is still only young as has the potential to become one of the top 5 players in the league.
Having said that i think Bock would be a fantastic addition to our side. I would offer our first round pick (will probably be around 14-15) and a decent player (eg-tiller) but nothing more.

Having said that i think Bock would be a fantastic addition to our side. I would offer our first round pick (will probably be around 14-15) and a decent player (eg-tiller) but nothing more.

We shouldn't give up our first round picks.That is what clubs like Fremantle do.

Your first round picks are where you pick up your 10 year, 200 game champions from. People might say "Oh but it is only pick 14 or so". Remember we got Shaun Higgins and both Brad Johnson at pick 11. These picks are absolute gold, and should not be touched.

I am not sure we even need Bock. Our defence is solid. Bock is a good player but he is not a star. He plays the Dustin Fletcher rebound defender role okay, but we have Gilbee to do that. To see how good Bock really is, watch him play on the stars like Riewoldt and get carved up. I wouldn't be chasing him.

On the other hand, if we get another KPP, we can open it a little more and after 55 years, we could possibly win a flag now. I'd like a flag even if it does harm our development a bit.

I agree the Western Bulldogs actually need a premiership we have ticked most of the boxes we need a premiership to get more members and money coming in to help ensure the survival of this great club.

I don't think Adelaide would entertain a trade involving Bock. Probably their most important player, AA and contracted. No chance.

It is absolutley essential that we do not trade in the next 3-5 years while the draft is compromised. (unless an absolute elite player decided he wanted to come to us and we got him on the cheap)

In 5 years (2014) our list is going to be in a very delicate situation and whether or not we completely bottom out or not will depend on firstly how the young players we currently have on our list develop and secondly how well we do with limited early picks in the next 5 drafts.

With the success of the 99 draft we are going to loose alot of good players, quickly. In 2014 we will have Boyd (32), Cross (31), Gia (32), Gilbee (33), Hahn (33), Hargrave (33), Lake (32) Moris (32) and Murphy (32), who replaces these guys? We will be lucky to have 5 top 20 picks in the next 5 drafts with the success we are enjoying atm, so there is no point chasing middle aged players (however good they are) and paying over the odds to get them for a short term fix.

You have to remember that you pay over the odds for players when you get them from other clubs, both salary wise and what you have to give up for them.

Unless there is an absolute gun power forward out there, it is counter productive for us to have to get rid of players on our talented list that we have worked hard to assemble, for some player from another club, just because he is available. We don't want to turn into the home for recycled players. Lets develop our own, and get 14 great years of enjoyment out of them, rather than recycle some hack from another club and get 3 years out of them.

We have so many great young players coming through, power forwards that we have dreamed about. There is no reason to go chasing players from other clubs. It is simply a waste of time and all it does is put pressure on our salary cap.

It depends on what kind of sustained success your after.
If you want 14 years of finishing 2nd-4th, then go ahead and keep developing youngsters while your core group of seniors retire, leaving your premiership hopes dashed.
If you trade for your KPP needs, you may get slightly less years up the top but you'll be a good enough team to have the opportunity to play off in perhaps 1-3 grand finals.
The Bulldogs are almost at that point already. You have enough depth in your midfield to part with 1 of them without being effected too much. A trade or 2 would make your team quite formidable.
Whatever you choose, decisions must be made hastily.
All the best.

It depends on what kind of sustained success your after.
If you want 14 years of finishing 2nd-4th, then go ahead and keep developing youngsters while your core group of seniors retire, leaving your premiership hopes dashed.
If you trade for your KPP needs, you may get slightly less years up the top but you'll be a good enough team to have the opportunity to play off in perhaps 1-3 grand finals.
The Bulldogs are almost at that point already. You have enough depth in your midfield to part with 1 of them without being effected too much. A trade or 2 would make your team quite formidable.
Whatever you choose, decisions must be made hastily.
All the best.

Yep, but there hasn't been quality power forwards available that we could trade for. Well none that I can think of anyway. The point I was making was it is pointless to throw away draft choices on players that you don't really need, just because they are available.

BTW, is your username based upon the shape or the novel?

can we please stop with the pushing ryan griffen out the door and the constant he has done nothing crap. U should go and watch round 3 last year v stkilda. His 15mins in the 2nd quarter single handedly turned that game for us. How old is he 22? If we start trading out the griffen's and those of his age we are gonna have a massive hole in his age group in 5 years time. (Ray already gone) Our core of 8-10 players is 27-28 yrs old. So we got 3-4 years to win one. Lets hope the boys can do it but IMO trading only plugs gaps, it isnt the difference in winning or losing a premiership. This aint the NBA and we aint the Boston Celtics!

It is absolutley essential that we do not trade in the next 3-5 years while the draft is compromised. (unless an absolute elite player decided he wanted to come to us and we got him on the cheap)

In 5 years (2014) our list is going to be in a very delicate situation and whether or not we completely bottom out or not will depend on firstly how the young players we currently have on our list develop and secondly how well we do with limited early picks in the next 5 drafts.

With the success of the 99 draft we are going to loose alot of good players, quickly. In 2014 we will have Boyd (32), Cross (31), Gia (32), Gilbee (33), Hahn (33), Hargrave (33), Lake (32) Moris (32) and Murphy (32), who replaces these guys? We will be lucky to have 5 top 20 picks in the next 5 drafts with the success we are enjoying atm, so there is no point chasing middle aged players (however good they are) and paying over the odds to get them for a short term fix.

basically my point palace. Finally someone talking some sense in the forum!

I dont think any of these players will be leaving their clubs at the end of the year. The most likely would be Mcguire, who is extremely injury prone.
But for arguments sake...

Kerr- Our midfield is perfecly functional without him. He hasnt been playing great football lately either.
Plus i dont like him because he headbutted Scott West in the chest a few years ago.

Mcguire - As i mentioned before, very injury prone. The last thing we need is another defender who is incapable of getting on the field, a'la Tom Williams.
I think his career is pretty much over. Not many clubs would want to take a risk with him.

Bock - Would be a good pick up, but as previously stated by several posters, Adelaide would want something ridiculous for him.
And in regard to Bock, and the talk on this thread that we should trade Griffen for him, if we did that, I'd neck myself.

Griffen is 22 years old. 23 this month. Bock is 26-27?
Griff has had a slow start to the year, a very slow start, but has still shown patches where he can just carve up the entire field. The guy's dad died, you have to cut him a bit of slack dont you?
I may be being a bit bias, as Griff is my favourite player, but we would really be stupid to get rid of him.
Numerous experts in the media have stated Griffen as the key to the Bulldogs success.
He is comparable to Chris Judd, who is a brownlow medallist. Roughly same height and weight, and plays in similiar RUNNING way, doesnt get in and under packs as well as Judd, but things like that come with experience and more knowledge of the game.
Also, as previously stated, Griffen is a proven finals player. One of our best players in last years finals series. Could hardly do a thing wrong.
Doggies need to hold on to players like Griff for as long as they can.
Good enough to win the brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumors: Bock, Kerr, Mcguire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back