Rumour File #7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't happy with Scotland's final in 2010, but he's had a great year. Scotland will be missed, but we've covered for Fevola, so I wouldn't write him down as someone we can't cover. I'd roll Russell up the ground. JR is good overhead and can kick.

Yeah I'd agree with this I can definitely see Russell as a more suitable Scotland replacement. If he can get back to his best, he'd be a very good addition.

Guys on MMM talking about a J.Russell for J.Gunston direct swap. Would we bite on a 20 year old 193cm. 14 games 20 goal player?
Yes?

Guys on MMM talking about a J.Russell for J.Gunston direct swap. Would we bite on a 20 year old 193cm. 14 games 20 goal player?
Yes?

Gunston would be a great addition to our team, but when you trade on potential it's a big risk. Russell for Gunston is ridiculous from our point of view. A former #9 draft pick, runner up in the 2010 B&F and part of our leadership group, for a second round draft pick who has played 14 games.

I think draft picks would need to be involved for a trade like that to go through.

Do the trades I suggested earlier. Jordan Russell and #16 for Jack Gunston and #10.

Throw St. Kilda #10 and #15 for Goddard.

FF: Betts - Hampson - Walker
HF: Garlett - Kreuzer - Waite
C: Simpson - Robinson - Gibbs
HB: Yarran - Henderson - Goddard
FB: Duigan - Jamison - Laidler
RU: Warnock - Judd - Murphy
IC: Scotland - Carrazzo - Gunston
SU: Ellard

:p :D heh

Im not throwing up names, I heard from a friend that we spoke to him. No idea where my friend heard. Couldve been big footy for all I know haha, hence the question. If I were throwing up names I would be after Geelong's Mitch Brown.

Im not throwing up names, I heard from a friend that we spoke to him. No idea where my friend heard. Couldve been big footy for all I know haha, hence the question. If I were throwing up names I would be after Geelong's Mitch Brown.

Yeah no well sourced talk yet....Don't think he or Gunston etc are worth it tbh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i reckon we should stick with luke mitchell he is going to play games next year. i just feel he is going to be star ff.

look if we land something good or close to it. i'll be happy. look at the size of luke at training, big unit. looks very natural foward.

I'd rather see us chasing west coasts mitch brown. Could be cheap having played little footy

I'd rather see us chasing west coasts mitch brown. Could be cheap having played little footy

Not a bad suggestion, but Brown isn't a CHF or a FF.

He has played a bit up forward over the years but he's far more suited to a key defensive post.

If we trade for Brown it'd mean that Hendo goes into the forward line again. And whilst I do believe his future lies mainly as a key forward, it wouldn't surprise or disappoint me in the slightest if we persist with him down back, at least for the time being.

Happy to see Hendo start back again next year, but I still think he will finish his career as a good centre half forward.

I want to know more about lisle.
Is he worth a bower or it that too much. I'd think hawthorn would be pretty keen on bower.

They already have too many Bower types on their list. What they need is what WE needed prior to the revelation of Lachie Henderson -- a natural key position defender. They already have the player we hoped Paul would become, Grant Birchall. He's an underrated gun. 193cm rebounding backman, one of the absolute keys to their side and yet one of the more underrated players in the entire league (as far as I'm concerned).

If they were after any of our defenders it'd be T-Bird and he'd be nothing more than a stop gap type measure.

The deal with Lisle is that he, similarly to Laidler, could request a trade to a team that pretty much assures him of a regular game. Otherwise, Hawthorn would have little to no inclination in trading him. He's too good to slip in either of the drafts to us and so we'd be trading from a position of weakness unless Lisle forced their hand.

Happy to see Hendo start back again next year, but I still think he will finish his career as a good centre half forward.

I think that another year or 2 in the backline will help Hendo with his forward work. He will get a good view how a lead up CHF works and how to work at negating a CHB.

It will also give Watson some time to develop as our full time CHB with Ants and some cameo roles with the senior side.

I would prefer to see the club look for a mature (mid-late 20's) power forward to fill the gap while Casboult and Mitchell finish growing into their future roles within the club.

I'm with you Feva. His deficiencies in one-on-ones far out-weighs his run out of the backline, IMO.

As im sure its been said/discussed before the recruitment of Laidler and Duigan and their ability to punch above their weight coupled with Bowers multiple soft-tissue injuries have seen him slip considerably down the pecking order.

Would prefer to keep him as he has little or no trade value unless he wants to desperately go home which we will then have facilitate a trade in which we will get bent over for by Freo or WC.

As im sure its been said/discussed before the recruitment of Laidler and Duigan and their ability to punch above their weight coupled with Bowers multiple soft-tissue injuries have seen him slip considerably down the pecking order.

Would prefer to keep him as he has little or no trade value unless he wants to desperately go home which we will then have facilitate a trade in which we will get bent over for by Freo or WC.

Agree, but we must also contemplate the fact that if Jamison, Hendo or Laidler go down or lose form we have a ready made replacement, rather than throwing in the kids, particularly in the finals.

Not enough credit goes to Bower for his preparedness to take the game on and run off his opponent. May not be the strongest body on body player but as long as he continues plays in front of his man, he is very effective in spoiling and rebounding. If Yarran ends up playing in the midfield, his dash will be all the more important. Supporters confuse style with effectiveness and the fact is his disposal efficiency is very high.

Dirk

Agree, but we must also contemplate the fact that if Jamison, Hendo or Laidler go down or lose form we have a ready made replacement, rather than throwing in the kids, particularly in the finals.

Totally agree - too often we look at best 22 without factoring in injuries, form drop etc. While it may look difficult to slot him back into the back 6 based on the emergence of Laidler, Hendo, Duigan and Yarran, if fit and back in form would be a great asset to have pushing for selection or simply as cover for inevitable injuries.

That said, he is out of contract and it is up to the club to convince him that he is in our plans, otherwise if he decides to walk we will likely end up with f**k all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back