Rumour File #7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hall wanted to play on, he would have gone again at the Dogs. He wasn't forced to retire. He also said he considered himself a Bulldog because of the chance they gave him. No way he would come out of retirement to play for us, unless he was all about glory and wanted another flag. It would ruin the warm and fuzzy feeling he generated at the Dogs though.

Extremely sceptical.

Was all for this when he left the Swans.

Not now.

Also, I reckon its BS.

Agreed on the BS call... his AFL/Football career is all over and I reckon that we might see him crawl into the ring to beat up some well deserving Thugby League players with pretensions of being boxers.

First cab off the rank would be Mundine or SBW... follow that up with the proctologist and there would be a few happy league players seeing that happen.

Nah. As a general rule the bigger the weight difference the easier fight it is for the bigger opponent. Mundine fights at middle, Barry would be a heavy. Antony has it all over Barry for speed and movement, but Barry's got a hell of a lot of power, so really only needs to weather the barrage, get in close and close out the fight with short punches

Nah. As a general rule the bigger the weight difference the easier fight it is for the bigger opponent. Mundine fights at middle, Barry would be a heavy. Antony has it all over Barry for speed and movement, but Barry's got a hell of a lot of power, so really only needs to weather the barrage, get in close and close out the fight with short punches

Given Barry's size he only would have dominance over Mundine against the ropes when he could restrict Mundine's movement and fight him in close.

Like you said - Mundine has it all over Barry in terms of speed and movement and all he would need to do is contain the fight to the middle of the ring and keep jabbing and moving to create space. This would frustrate Barry and force him to try and open up Mundine with wide combinations - this also leaves him open due to Mundine's speed. So long as he isn't enclosed against the ropes - he should beat barry by points decision (unless Barry manages to connect swiftly) in which case I'm not sure Mundine could weather the storm.

Carlton approached a Norwood power forward

Apparently Carlton have spoken to Sam Rowe a couple of years in a row.
Nick Duigan often states that a number of his team mates have been spoken to by Carlton and nothing came to fruition and this character may well be one of them:

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/THE_TEAM/PLAYERPROFILES/16.aspx

To further give this rumour some credence, Brett Ratten was spotted at the Central v Norwood clash yesterday.

Do you really want someone with these nicknames? Rowey / Hipnol / Powder :eek:
May be better suited at a team across the Nullarbor.
Anyone have any vision of him?

Do you really want someone with these nicknames? Rowey / Hipnol / Powder :eek:
May be better suited at a team across the Nullarbor.
Anyone have any vision of him?

How about Greg...as in Gregory Peck

I wouldn't pay attention to what Gezim writes on the Trades board. The letters N.F.I. come to mind...

i have every right to say and put what ever on here. your going to tell me what to do. we're all carlton supporters, don't i have some right to say what ever i want. don't tell me what to do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do I care if you're a Carlton supporter? You've taken a hypothetical from rumour and claimed we approached a Norwood power forward, I won't even start on some of the other trades that have been thrown up. I have my right to tell you I feel your posting is ridiculous if I want. :)

Given Barry's size he only would have dominance over Mundine against the ropes when he could restrict Mundine's movement and fight him in close.

Like you said - Mundine has it all over Barry in terms of speed and movement and all he would need to do is contain the fight to the middle of the ring and keep jabbing and moving to create space. This would frustrate Barry and force him to try and open up Mundine with wide combinations - this also leaves him open due to Mundine's speed. So long as he isn't enclosed against the ropes - he should beat barry by points decision (unless Barry manages to connect swiftly) in which case I'm not sure Mundine could weather the storm.

I feel Mundine would be the better technician, and if he could employ the outside game he would certainly be ahead on points. But the second the fight slows and gets close Barry will dominate, and I'm not confident Mundine can keep Barry at bay for an entire fight. 3rd Round KO

Now enough of the fight talk :p

What do I care if you're a Carlton supporter? You've taken a hypothetical from rumour and claimed we approached a Norwood power forward, I won't even start on some of the other trades that have been thrown up. I have my right to tell you I feel your posting is ridiculous if I want. :)

carlton have spoken to him a couple years ago. ratten was their at the norwood v central match. go to carltonsc.com and theirs your proof. thats where i found the information.

Coming from the fights background that I do - my Dad was state amateur champion back in the years when amateur was considered king and have been involved in the scene since then though I don't have the mentality to be a fighter myself - I have to suggest that if it was BBBH's first fight he'd be destroyed. If you gave him a few fights though I think he'd give a pounding to Mundine. First up and Mundine's technical know how and experience would shine through and he'd embarrass Hall with his speed and movement.

It's a fight I'd love to see from a "AFL Vs NRL" point of view but I really doubt either guy's manager would allow the fight to happen. If Mundine lost, particularly if it was the first or second fight in Hall's boxing career, it'd cost him the reputation that he has worked to obtain on a level that made his last loss (that he was ridiculed for) look like a win. If Hall lost with his size advantage he'd find it difficult to live it down and would find it incredibly difficult to be treated like a serious fighter in the future.

carlton have spoken to him a couple years ago. ratten was their at the norwood v central match. go to carltonsc.com and theirs your proof. thats where i found the information.

Link to the actual piece that links Ratts to that particular player please or GTFO.

Barry Hall vs. Antonio Margarito

982186-anthony-morabito.jpg

????

Folks, it's a rumour thread. If we had to provide proof of rumours, they would be stand alone facts.

Feel free to dismiss rumours if you like, but don't get hung up on them to the point of hostility.

Folks, it's a rumour thread. If we had to provide proof of rumours, they would be stand alone facts.

Feel free to dismiss rumours if you like, but don't get hung up on them to the point of hostility.

If that was in part directed to me then I would suggest that when someone claims a freely available source such as carltonsc.com.au then they also provide the direct link to that rumor. Similar to if you post a comment or start a thread about something you read in the newspaper - it's very easy to post a link, others may find it interesting to read and therefore would be considered the polite thing to do. Otherwise, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back