Rumour File #7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel Mundine would be the better technician, and if he could employ the outside game he would certainly be ahead on points. But the second the fight slows and gets close Barry will dominate, and I'm not confident Mundine can keep Barry at bay for an entire fight. 3rd Round KO

Now enough of the fight talk :p
Mundine would run like the girl he is. Mundine's best shot would not tickle Hall.

you have to go the website carlton.sc.com, thats where the information is.
The OP took the rumour from BF before you took it back to BF from the CSC.

http://www.carltonsc.com/modules.ph...opic&t=17164&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The name Carlton Supporters Club is rather ironic.

http://www.carltonsc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=512237&highlight=#512237

Oi! I won't have anyone destroying my good name...

[YOUTUBE]SNxCvDYpmxE[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.carltonsc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=512948&highlight#512948
Raydan said:
Kane Lucas is a depth player, he's got some tricks but has has average pace at AFL level.

Where does he play? Too slow for wing,
:confused:

Lucas is too slow like Robinson is too soft.

Crashlander/Beowulf has a harsh opinion on Brandon Matera who is a jet.

Garlett was just a prospect in his first season.

Coming from the fights background that I do - my Dad was state amateur champion back in the years when amateur was considered king and have been involved in the scene since then though I don't have the mentality to be a fighter myself - I have to suggest that if it was BBBH's first fight he'd be destroyed. If you gave him a few fights though I think he'd give a pounding to Mundine. First up and Mundine's technical know how and experience would shine through and he'd embarrass Hall with his speed and movement.

It's a fight I'd love to see from a "AFL Vs NRL" point of view but I really doubt either guy's manager would allow the fight to happen. If Mundine lost, particularly if it was the first or second fight in Hall's boxing career, it'd cost him the reputation that he has worked to obtain on a level that made his last loss (that he was ridiculed for) look like a win. If Hall lost with his size advantage he'd find it difficult to live it down and would find it incredibly difficult to be treated like a serious fighter in the future.

BBBH has been a successful junior amateur boxer up until aged 15 with 15 fights. He has maintained his interest in boxing to include it as part of his training preparation for AFL games (just ask some of the guys he has smacked).

However, I agree that we should give Barry a couple of lead up fights to get him back up to speed and I think that he will embarrass Mundine.

According to SEN (big whoop I know) we are talking to you guys about a possible trade, but they don't know what it involves.

I last year during the Grigg-Collins trade you guys asked for Mitch Morton and we said no. This year he didn't play much and I'd say we are now looking to trade him to you guys. I wouldn't know what we would get in return for Mitch though but I'd say you'll get him pretty cheap.

Wouldn't miNd Morton

He is an extremely talented player. I'm not certain how he'd go in your game plan, but if he can play all 22 games next year, you will have easily won whatever trade we do.

I will be very disappointed to see him go, but we just can't seem to get the best out of him.

You will also get him for well under what he is worth. Well under.

Doubt it would be Morton. We were interested in Connors 2 years ago, no idea if we are anymore, but probably would struggle with Touhy and Lucas in similar positions to him.
Cant think of many more we would want from the Tigers, maybe Nathan Foley who is out of contract. Wouldnt really trust Ox's rumours anyway.

Didn't realise there was any interest in Connors from you blokes a couple of year ago. He's pretty good, again, very talented, but seems to tease us year after year with it. His disposal can let him down from time to time and enjoys the piss.

agree General
Lucas has everything you could ask for but just needs fitness and fire to come good.

And to regain his confidence in his own body again... the run of injuries he has had this year wouldnt have done that much good... but to see him come out and run around at the end of the season and get his hands on the ball a fair bit would have been really good for him.

I expect a full pre-season from him including all the practice matches should see him start getting more game time next year.

I've always liked Mitch Morton as a player.
Comes across as a bit of a knob but that may just be the tiger in him.

Clearly something is wrong with him because with all due respect to richmond, at his best he should be able to get a game there 22 weeks a year with 1 hand tied behind his back.

I was more interested before Walker got good and we needed that mid sized forward. I wouldnt be against it but it's probably not a pressing need now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always liked Mitch Morton as a player.
Comes across as a bit of a knob but that may just be the tiger in him.

Clearly something is wrong with him because with all due respect to richmond, at his best he should be able to get a game there 22 weeks a year with 1 hand tied behind his back.

I was more interested before Walker got good and we needed that mid sized forward. I wouldnt be against it but it's probably not a pressing need now.

You are right, on talent he is well inside our top ten. Unfortunately there is something wrong at the core of Mitch Morton. Unfortunately us supporters aren't on the inside. There has been talk of depression but no one actually knows.

You are right, on talent he is well inside our top ten. Unfortunately there is something wrong at the core of Mitch Morton. Unfortunately us supporters aren't on the inside. There has been talk of depression but no one actually knows.

One of the most frustrating players in the competition. Shows so much promise than undoes all his good work with constant brainfarts.

What does it cost for Foley? (Tiger Fanatic)

He is under contract until 2012 so it would still be a pretty high asking price, he's our VC and an important part of our midfield.

Something like your first rounder and a average to good player or a 3rd rounder. If we were looking at this next year when he is out of contract, I think your first rounder would probably do it.

Internally we rate him higher than a first rounder, but if you were being realistic we all know players are worth less to other clubs then what he is to your own club.

Internally we rate him higher than a first rounder, but if you were being realistic we all know players are worth less to other clubs then what he is to your own club.

I valued him at about the same level as you do. I honestly believe that he's one of the best players of his type in the entire AFL. His value and reputation would be significantly higher on a premiership contending team than what it is for Richmond, where often players of his type go unrecognized league wide.

I would offer that type of deal up in a heartbeat - our first rounder and a player like Simon White or Mark Austin. It's hard to find a player currently not under contract that would fit your needs.

Edit: Sorry for that - deleted my post as you said pretty much the same thing so felt I'd re-do it. Same thing though.

I valued him at about the same level as you do. I honestly believe that he's one of the best players of his type in the entire AFL. His value and reputation would be significantly higher on a premiership contending team than what it is for Richmond, where often players of his type go unrecognized league wide.

I would offer that type of deal up in a heartbeat - our first rounder and a player like Simon White or Mark Austin. It's hard to find a player currently not under contract that would fit your needs.

Edit: Sorry for that - deleted my post as you said pretty much the same thing so felt I'd re-do it. Same thing though.

I didn't really think he was regarded too highly at other clubs, but it's good to hear he is as good as, I, and other Tiges supporters see him.

I would be extremely disappointed if he were to leave, and currently don't see him being up for trade any time soon.

We see his trade value as the same, If he did want out to you guys, that is the deal we would need to take.

Kosi could be on the radar.......Not really keen on him but would consider him only if he comes cheaply as this is apossibility with StKilda's salary cap issues.

Put it this way I was told that there were whispers around the club about Kosi. This was relayed to me by a friend of mine who is the brother of a Carlton listed player.
Believe me I hope it is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back