Rumour File #7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, I'd rather invest time & effort (including a possible trade involving Jordan Russell) to try and get Dangerfield to Carlton rather than Goddard. His age, his previous injuries, and his price tag would cost the club too much in the long term.

I 100% completely agree, Dangerfield i think is just what we need, and is just about to hit his straps and become an elite player in the next 2 years or so.

As hard at it as Mitch
As fast as Yarran
Is strong and knows where the goals are. would be a great get!

Id offer the above deal if it meant getting dangerfield (pick 22 plus lucas/16)

Beside's what I want and dont want at the Blues,IMO for the Saints to move forward they need to start briging in young blood and to get value for money you need to trade while players have value,age is creeping up on a hell of alot of your big players?
Time will tell who stays and who goes though.

That's the precarious situation for us at the moment. It is well known that St Kilda rely heavily on their gun players, with arguably one of the best top 6 in the league, but with the worst middle and bottom group of players. These top 6 players are all starting to get a bit old, and it's at the point where we have to trade them or keep them until the end. It's a matter of keeping them for another couple of cracks at the flag, or trading most of them and go for the rebuild.

That's the precarious situation for us at the moment. It is well known that St Kilda rely heavily on their gun players, with arguably one of the best top 6 in the league, but with the worst middle and bottom group of players. These top 6 players are all starting to get a bit old, and it's at the point where we have to trade them or keep them until the end. It's a matter of keeping them for another couple of cracks at the flag, or trading most of them and go for the rebuild.

While your outlook is positive - and it really must be for a supporter i suppose - you really aren't dealing with the fact that your window is in fact closed my friend.

The Saints aren't challenging again until (at least) this next rebuild is complete - Lyon knew this and no doubt all the senior players including BJ know it too. ;)

No use flogging that dead horse.

From what I understand, the closest we ever came to missing getting a legit superstar to our team was Jonathan Brown a couple of years ago. It wasn't widely reported, but it was within a bees dick of coming a reality.
Correct. It was over the line until the Lions sacked Leigh and installed Crazy Vossy and Brown changed his mind to stay there with his mate.

Thanks Dram. Legendary info, I highly doubted we'd be chopping him off the list just as he's starting to look the goods...

Same source spoke to Cachia and he was apparently evasive about next year... so it looks like Cach has been delisted :(

Also, word is that Rusty wasnt at the JNM this year... will try and find out whats happened to him tonight.

Same source spoke to Cachia and he was apparently evasive about next year... so it looks like Cach has been delisted :(

Also, word is that Rusty wasnt at the JNM this year... will try and find out whats happened to him tonight.

Balls. Cach is probably off to GWS given that tackle he laid on Nason is exactly the type of aggression Sheeds loves to see :(

I was not concerned in the least about Rusty... Now I'm starting to stress. Any info much appreciated. The cheers reserved for him by the players were the loudest at last year's JNM. Fingers crossed you get back with some good news!

Ratten also failed to mention his name when he went through just about everybody else on the list. Not reading too much into it as he's contracted for next year but it is small cause for concern.

Yup... apparently Rusty is in Adelaide atm. Bigger cause for concern really...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can say as a fact that rusty was not in adelaide as of 1 pm today. saw him, jamo and hampson get out of a car on lygon street today while i was having lunch down there. russell was wearing a sling on his left arm.

can say as a fact that rusty was not in adelaide as of 1 pm today. saw him, jamo and hampson get out of a car on lygon street today while i was having lunch down there. russell was wearing a sling on his left arm.

Wow that's interesting! To support this, I saw Curnow walking down Elizabeth St today with a sling on too. Well - I'm waiting on confirmation about that actually from someone that watches the BnF stream because I missed it.

This would hopefully mean that similar to last week's multiple knee operations, we've had a bunch of blokes go in for preseason elbow ops this week?

Anyone else have some info?

I heard from a friend of a friend who was talking to Leigh Matthews. Apparently he said Carlton is his pick for next year's premiership. Doesn't mean anything but still, made me think we are in for some good times the next 4 or 5 years :D:D:D. Premiership window open.

Wow that's interesting! To support this, I saw Curnow walking down Elizabeth St today with a sling on too. Well - I'm waiting on confirmation about that actually from someone that watches the BnF stream because I missed it.

This would hopefully mean that similar to last week's multiple knee operations, we've had a bunch of blokes go in for preseason elbow ops this week?

Anyone else have some info?

Very interesting that Curnow was also seen in a sling. I would imagine that it would have been to do with his shoulder injury from earlier in the year he suffered against St Kilda. That's the first thing that came to my mind.

Relief there. In Dram's defence, he did say 'apparently'!

In our defence... We all love Rusty now too much to lose him! Far cry from the old days around here :)

Can anyone advise about Curnow's/Rusty's sling/s? /sssssss

Saw Rusty at the National Park Hotel, Kinglake, about 30 minutes ago. Any other sightings? Gotta find him.

I think that he was chasing Didak in the "Where's Wally" competition.

And I just heard that Rusty was definitely at the JN Medal.

Teach me to jump in with a rumour without a bit more checking first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back