Rumour Rumour File II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanks_alot is an interesting poster...

I can acknowledge Carrazzo and Hadley were good in the second half, but this supporter won't change his tune.

Tool.

So what? Now you think we should keep Carrazzo because of his second half? You were so willing to trade him only a couple of weeks ago I'd find that hard to believe. You still want him gawn!

Sure Walker had a good game and kicked a few goals and he did in fact impress me as a forward. But how many times will he produce a game like this? You can't just play a few good games a season and expect to be a starting 22 player. There I acknolwdged his good game but stand my ground in trading him. Good on him to increase his value a little. Still can't kick, still can't tackle, still a liability to the team more often than not.

You're even more open to trading Betts after this game. So we keep Walker but get rid of one of our better forwards for the season.

Yeah real logical. You need to be part of the brains trust at Carlton if we're gonna have any chance at another premiership :rolleyes:

So what? Now you think we should keep Carrazzo because of his second half? You were so willing to trade him only a couple of weeks ago I'd find that hard to believe. You still want him gawn!

Sure Walker had a good game and kicked a few goals and he did in fact impress me as a forward. But how many times will he produce a game like this? You can't just play a few good games a season and expect to be a starting 22 player. There I acknolwdged his good game but stand my ground in trading him. Good on him to increase his value a little. Still can't kick, still can't tackle, still a liability to the team more often than not.

You're even more open to trading Betts after this game. So we keep Walker but get rid of one of our better forwards for the season.

Yeah real logical. You need to be part of the brains trust at Carlton if we're gonna have any chance at another premiership :rolleyes:
Did I say anything about keeping Carrazzo?

AC's third quarter was good, but he still runs in circle like Hadley to find a target.

Betts did nothing, yet we nearly won.

Unlike Eddie, Walker didn't kick garbage goals, but kept us in the game with his goals. Yarran is a straight out replacement for Eddie, but a player who will only keep improving. We'd better off with Knights than Betts if we can sign him somehow.

Good to see you're still a die hard who won't change his tune and read what I actually wrote.

Did I say anything about keeping Carrazzo?

AC's third quarter was good, but he still runs in circle like Hadley to find a target.

Betts did nothing, yet we nearly won.

Unlike Eddie, Walker didn't kick garbage goals, but kept us in the game with his goals. Yarran is a straight out replacement for Eddie, but a player who will only keep improving. We'd better off with Knights than Betts if we can sign him somehow.

Good to see you're still a die hard who won't change his tune and read what I actually wrote.

I know you didn't say anything about keeping Carrazzo but you mentioned that you changed your tune on him after the game by admitting he had a good second half and then went on to say that I won't change my tune and I'm a tool for it.

So you won't change your tune on Carrots but expect me to change my tune after one game. Funny how you mention Carrots runs in a circle and gets tackled, that what Walker does except instead of running in a circle he runs straight into them.

BTW Betts didn't do absolutely nothing, he put some good pressure on with his chase and tackles and even assisted Walker with a goal or two IIRC.

And what's with this garbage goals? A goal's a goal.

Yarran's a long way from being a Betts replacement too BTW. The guy has all the talent in the world but has **** all work ethic. Guys like Simon Wiggins had to battle every week to try and make the side and didn't quite have the skills to stay there, he would've killed for Yarran's talent. That guy has got to pull his head in on the training track before he replaces anybody.

Just remember Yarran did nothing against Geelong, that's why he got dropped maybe we should trade him too :rolleyes:

You keep basing your opinion on one or two performances but when your favourites don't perform, you won't mnention how shit they played...

Good to see you've dropped the AW 6th in B&F 2006 line at least :eek:

Tanks_alot is an interesting poster...

Gotta say, you come a across as an 'interesting' poster yourself...

Yarran is a straight out replacement for Eddie, but a player who will only keep improving.

Its gonna be a long, long time before Yarran can contest in close like Betts can, if ever. Sure he can improve and is expected to do so, but for mine he's always gonna be a skillful outside type player.

He is far, far from a 'straight out replacement'.

greg swan said on sen on friday that carlton will not be going for pavlich as we don't have the cash for him

Absolute rubbish.

We have plenty of room in the salary cap.

As if Greg Swann would admit that we are making a big play for Pavlich to KB :rolleyes:

Pav will more than likely stay at Freo.

greg swan said on sen on friday that carlton will not be going for pavlich as we don't have the cash for him
No he didnt, he said that we in previous years had attempted to lure him over to us but he declined. Also said that why would he now leave the Dockers, after all the hard times that he had been through with them, to leave now when they are flying.

We have plenty of space in our cap, we lost/gained 1.1 million in our cap alone with the departure of Fev (650,000 X 2 years) Stevo (450,000 X 1 year). Chris Judd's heavily front loaded contract was increased even more so with the space that was created with those departures. We will in his 4-6 years at the club will earn in the vicinity of 250,000 to 300,000. Was told to me that we have enough room in the cap (please no brown paper bag comments) to fit Ablett and Pavlich, and still sign our young guns, that's how much room we have available.

No he didnt, he said that we in previous years had attempted to lure him over to us but he declined. Also said that why would he now leave the Dockers, after all the hard times that he had been through with them, to leave now when they are flying.

We have plenty of space in our cap, we lost/gained 1.1 million in our cap alone with the departure of Fev (650,000 X 2 years) Stevo (450,000 X 1 year). Chris Judd's heavily front loaded contract was increased even more so with the space that was created with those departures. We will in his 4-6 years at the club will earn in the vicinity of 250,000 to 300,000. Was told to me that we have enough room in the cap (please no brown paper bag comments) to fit Ablett and Pavlich, and still sign our young guns, that's how much room we have available.

Don't see how that's possible, unless we front-ended a number of contracts. Clubs must pay a minimum of 92.5% of the salary cap.

Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Warnock and Henderson have back ended contracts that see us get over that %.

Back ended or front ended?

Interestingly, does anyone know whether we the AFL allows manipulation of contracts through their tenure.
I guess players and managers would have no problems allowing to front load a contract, but can it be designed to work the other way where need be and an amicable arrangement is entered into?

Interestingly, does anyone know whether we the AFL allows manipulation of contracts through their tenure.
I guess players and managers would have no problems allowing to front load a contract, but can it be designed to work the other way where need be and an amicable arrangement is entered into?
Back ended Harks, and as long as the contracts that have been changed (ala Judd this year) comply within the Cap %, they can be re-arranged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back ended Harks, and as long as the contracts that have been changed (ala Judd this year) comply within the Cap %, they can be re-arranged.

Thank you.

So we may find things tightening up somewhat in the next couple of years, then.
I still find myself shaking my head for the good fortune of not having to pay The Fev, going forward.

Thank you.

So we may find things tightening up somewhat in the next couple of years, then.
I still find myself shaking my head for the good fortune of not having to pay The Fev, going forward.
A good example of salary movement Harks was Kouta. In relation to the tightening up of the cap, we wont feel the choke until 2013 +. That's when we hope and presume the likes of Gibbs, Murphy, Lucas, Kreuzer, Henderson & Yarran are hitting their prime and are deserving of a massive pay rise.
At this stage, only Judd and 206 are commanding anything significant. Betts as someone has wrongly suggested will earn 350,000 + bonuses . We have T-Bird who is sitting on that figure now currently. You would imagine that will cease to exist come next year even though we would have to pay that out. At the end of next year the following players will get an increased pay cheque come 2012
Murphy
Henderson
Bower
Simpson
Waite
Jammo.

We at this stage have not much to worry about. We fit comfortable under the cap until 2013-2014, unless we miraculously land some massive fish this year or next.

Players collective agreements expire next march, the AFLPA are wanting the players to get a bigger slice of the revenue pie up to 2016, which will mean the salary cap increase substantially.

The five-year collective bargaining agreement under which AFL players are paid, and club salary caps are set, will expire in June next year. The players want a greater share of the spoils of the game, and that desire could mean average player salaries will more than double over the next six seasons. The union is preparing to address what it says is the players' declining share of the revenue of the sport.

A doubling of the salary cap - towards $16.5 million per club - by 2016 could see the wages of the game's superstars approaching $2 million a year. Such a rise would place pressure on the finances of struggling AFL clubs such as North Melbourne, Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs.
It is believed the AFLPA will focus its wages push on middle and lower-paid AFL players.
The minimum wage for a first-round draft pick is $48,000 and $2500 per game

Last year two AFL players, believed to be Chris Judd and Jonathan Brown, earned $900,000 to $1,000,000 for the season, with seven others earning more than $700,000

http://www.theage.com.au/business/afl-players-on-hunt-for-huge-pay-rise-20100905-14vzi.html

Could be paying for an autograph soon......

That already happens Bluesque at Family Days at several AFL clubs.

Unbelievable isn't it ..........

'Spose once they sign something it has value...
.however comma ...... back in the old days :)

But I do agree that the players should get more of the pie, for me it's more about the players, how it;s sliced up I don;t know, increasing the salary cap and wages put's enormous financial pressure on clubs, so I;m not sure, landscape is changing.

'Spose once they sign something it has value...
.however comma ...... back in the old days :)

But I do agree that the players should get more of the pie, for me it's more about the players, how it;s sliced up I don;t know, increasing the salary cap and wages put's enormous financial pressure on clubs, so I;m not sure, landscape is changing.

By increasing the salary cap to $16.5 mil in 2016 as suggested, it will put a major strain on Clubs like the Kangaroos & the Bulldogs.

Will these clubs be viable in 6 years time?
Who knows.

The landscape is certainly changing.

By increasing the salary cap to $16.5 mil in 2016 as suggested, it will put a major strain on Clubs like the Kangaroos & the Bulldogs.

Will these clubs be viable in 6 years time?
Who knows.

The landscape is certainly changing.

That is true, however you can't keep holding up a galloping horse for the slow ones to keep up....

OTOH, they'll also be getting bigger dividends from the TV rights.

It's the other operating expenses that's straining the poorer clubs. It takes over $30M each year to run a club.

OTOH, they'll also be getting bigger dividends from the TV rights.

It's the other operating expenses that's straining the poorer clubs. It takes over $30M each year to run a club.
If that's true, then the futures of football clubs should be guaranteed by the TV contract alone.

It is that simple.

700 million dollars in revenue from TV rights alone.

I have a feeling the $30M figure might be a little modest?

If that's true, then the futures of football clubs should be guaranteed by the TV contract alone.

It is that simple.

700 million dollars in revenue from TV rights alone.

I have a feeling the $30M figure might be a little modest?

There is every possibilty that the next round of TV rights will be in the vicinity of $1Billion.

very grey area- look at post retirement coaching gigs etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back