Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA: Tokyo Marathon general entry ballot open now (looking forward to my 7th straight year of rejection...)

Thanks, have applied on the off chance it's a success.

Had a slight calf straight running late September. Gave it 3 weeks off and haven't had any issues in the 3km and 5km runs since then thankfully.

ran the DeCastella 15k this morning, always a killer race with all the hills. Ran for the first time in Endorphin Pro 2's. I've basically run exclusivley in Brooks glycerine for the best part of a decade; some recent talk on this thread and another forum had me thinking its time to try something new for a race. they were awesome! was a bit skeptical after a couple of training runs but they performed real well; can't wait to try them on a longer distance race. In fact straight after I went online and bought a pair of the 4's to use for my two upcoming OS marathons.

ran the DeCastella 15k this morning, always a killer race with all the hills. Ran for the first time in Endorphin Pro 2's. I've basically run exclusivley in Brooks glycerine for the best part of a decade; some recent talk on this thread and another forum had me thinking its time to try something new for a race. they were awesome! was a bit skeptical after a couple of training runs but they performed real well; can't wait to try them on a longer distance race. In fact straight after I went online and bought a pair of the 4's to use for my two upcoming OS marathons.

Welcome to the Sock-A-Knee club!

had a blow up on the weekend, was meant to do 28k with 5 x 3k at goal mara pace with 1k recovery in between... absolutely cooked after my last rep, had to stop a few times, walk and compose myself and ended up shuffling back to my car and pulling up at 27k because i felt absolutely horrid.

Not ideal, but also just one of those things potentially given it was a bit warmer, i am coming off being sick 10 days ago etc etc... trying not to dwell on it and just be more prepared hydration and fuel wise in case that caused issues as well.

Race day coming quickly and otherwise things have gone well!

had a blow up on the weekend, was meant to do 28k with 5 x 3k at goal mara pace with 1k recovery in between... absolutely cooked after my last rep, had to stop a few times, walk and compose myself and ended up shuffling back to my car and pulling up at 27k because i felt absolutely horrid.

Not ideal, but also just one of those things potentially given it was a bit warmer, i am coming off being sick 10 days ago etc etc... trying not to dwell on it and just be more prepared hydration and fuel wise in case that caused issues as well.

Race day coming quickly and otherwise things have gone well!

Sounds rough. But you will be better for it. We all have those days.

At least it didn’t happen on race day. No doubt due to the warmer weather and recent illness. Make sure you rest up and get back out there when you’re ready.

Sounds rough. But you will be better for it. We all have those days.

At least it didn’t happen on race day. No doubt due to the warmer weather and recent illness. Make sure you rest up and get back out there when you’re ready.
Cheers mate, the good news is I've ran 3 times since and have been fine.. Today was 10k with 6k in the middle at 15-20seconds quicker than goal pace and got through it well tbh, so an easy 20k this weekend then have a really meaty 4 week block and then it's bloody taper time already!

this f*cking wind :mad:
has been absolutely ridiculous hasn't it, i had an easy 7k Monday that I just didn't see the point in going out in a hurricane so bailed on

have a 30k longy tomorrow to do so i can't just skip that one, hopefully the stars align and it is ok

has been absolutely ridiculous hasn't it, i had an easy 7k Monday that I just didn't see the point in going out in a hurricane so bailed on

have a 30k longy tomorrow to do so i can't just skip that one, hopefully the stars align and it is ok

me too, 31k this weekend, last real long run before Berlin in 3 weeks' time. tomorrow morning actually looks to be perfect conditions so that's a plus. the last few weeks before a marathon are always a bit full on, it's not a period that i enjoy. it's all a bit of a mental head**** and ive always found it very challenging to really nail it. doesn't help this time that the Cats just went through to a Prelim so will have that the weekend before (and then if we did win have to miss a Geel GF for the first time in my life!)

Last edited:
The wind has been brutal. I was up against it for 15km (second half of a 30km run) last Sunday running along Beach Rd. Almost brought me to a standstill on multiple occasions. But I now feel stronger (mentally) for the experience.

I’ve also got a big 30km plus run tomorrow. The conditions look great. The flip side of that is that there will be plenty of dodging of dogs, prams and walkers! None of those soft pricks were out last weekend in that hurricane!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

me too, 31k this weekend, last real long run before Berlin in 3 weeks' time. tomorrow morning actually looks to be perfect conditions so that's a plus. the last few weeks before a marathon are always a bit full on, it's not a period that i enjoy. it's all a bit of a mental head**** and ive always found it very challenging to really nail it. doesn't help this time that the Cats just went through to a Prelim so will have that the weekend before (and then if we did win have to miss a Geel GF for the first time in my life!)
I've got 30, 32, 36 the next 3 weekends.. The real meat of my block so I'm just prepared that I am going to have to grind it out and just get the work done

Remove this Banner Ad

Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back