Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sier has missed most of the year.
Even then I trust Sier more than Wills—as per my post above
Trust?
I bet the club lost all trust 3 weeks ago with the basketball debacle.
Sier has talent, thou has no real commitment or want to make the most of his career.
Where is the urgency?
Wills has limitations but at the moment the effort levels are far greater
Tbh I kinda hoped they would have both been best 22. Thou that’s probably never going to eventuate

Trust?
Sier has talent, thou has no real commitment or want to make the most of his career.
Where is the urgency?
Tbh I kinda hoped they would have both been best 22. Thou that’s probably never going to eventuate

If you’re picking an player to win an game of football you’re picking Sier over Wills
That’s the trust I’m talking about.

Forget off field.

We’re here to win games of football, I’m only worried about on field.

Overall?

Sier. Just a better player, a good driver in heavy traffic.
To my eye, he’s just had an interrupted season. A big pre season and we should see him at his better play.

This season?
Wills currently offering more.

Either way good for us to have a big strong type supporting Adams doing the grunt work.
I agree Sier has a bigger upside because he has excellent hands.

Wills is certainly putting in some eye catching bollocking performances late in the year and he’s not doing his chances any harm to stay in the team.

Trust?
Where is the urgency?

Why not? You never know.

He is actually important to our midfield structure and balance.We need his big body grunt in and under at stoppages. He is a tackling machine and exactly what we needed when Adams was out all that time and we looked soft at the coal face. Adams can't be expected to do this role all on his own. With Greenwood doing an excellent job as a Backman this year it's down to wills and Seir. Seir was a big failure... Didn't play well or play the role properly.

If we drop Wills to bring back Degoey we are making a mistake. I'd drop Noble, WhE even Varcoe to bring back Degoey and strepenson rather than Wills.
Sier was a revelation last year. We know what he’s capable of.

If you’re picking an player to win an game of football you’re picking Sier over Wills

Forget off field.

What transcends off the field, quite often transcends on.
When was the last time Sier was a match winner, at any level?

Earlier in the year, Didn’t think this kid had a future with us. Never said it out loud, but im Happy to sit here an eat my words (or thoughts). I was wrong, he has a role to play, and i would assume has played himself into a spot round 1 of finals.

His tackles... god damn. He doesn’t settle for any regular tackles. He tackles to hurt.
Tackling has always been his forte.

16 touches with no impact for the amount of time he spends on ball isn’t good enough at this level.

He fumbled everything today—-he’s just not an clean one grab player.

His lack of any pace is also an worry to either spread or defend.

Diid Shiel and Merret have any influence tonight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never said Wills is or was or will be.
Thou you’d like to think this recent form must count for something.
It would be nice to see Sier tear a game apart at least once this year at any level.
I await in hope

But we are comparing him to Wills.....
You’ll never see Wills tear an game apart, this we know for sure

But we are comparing him to Wills.....
You’ll never see Wills tear an game apart, this we know for sure
He's 3rd choice behind Beams and Sier, not many clubs would have that kind of depth in that position, he may not be elite but he's brilliant for 3rd tier

We don’t play with an tagger...so not sure what you’re suggesting when Wills had no impact himself.

Shiel I can count on many occasions spinning on an dollar creating time and space for himself with nobody near him.

My point is I didn’t notice the Dons best onballers tonight....maybe we watched a different game.

Personally I see him as not that good for any side really.
I fully expect Tyler Brown to be giving us more next season too.
So do I but take 15 players out of another team and see if they have anyone as good as Wills that deep, he's a frickin lifesaver at the moment

When we are talking about Sier and Wills it really comes down to one word.

Commitment . .

Apparently the club has had previous words with him over his attitude so there is the suspicion in my mind that last year was an outlier.

I love what Sier is capable of but there is no place in the club for an uncommitted player.

Forget off field.

You need to watch the replay, Wills was outstanding last night and has been for the last 3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back