Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Agree with everything you’re saying but the glaring piece of the puzzle missing (to me anyway) is the rifle was registered. It’s a really simple question. To who?

Wasn’t that long ago when this happened. There must be records. Fairly pivotal piece of information I’d argue.

It would have to be in the report submitted to the coroner.

Are there any attachments?

Agree with everything you’re saying but the glaring piece of the puzzle missing (to me anyway) is the rifle was registered. It’s a really simple question. To who?

Wasn’t that long ago when this happened. There must be records. Fairly pivotal piece of information I’d argue.

Yeh but apparently it was a Squibman 11A .22. It could have been around since the 70's or 80's.

squibman 11A.jpeg

Yes, he also did mention the painting of the car a number of times in the ROI - seeking to normalise that behaviour, “Melanie says, there he goes again painting the car”… the neighbours says “oh there he goes painting his car”

But I guess he won’t be needing the Dulux catalogue any time soon
🔜 🚙 🚗
Looking forward to the new shade in the Dulux catalogue - ‘Wonnangatta Tuscan’ - the top coat for when you want to hide in plain sight.

From the Coroner's report.

coroner.png

Yeah you’re right there must have misread it

So the Vandeviers were either slackers who didn't want to hand their gun in after Howard's buy back scheme in response to Port Arthur and they had it hidden under the bed, or someone took that gun in and left it there, which is possible on Mount Macedon.

Strange things happened on the Mount.

It would have to be in the report submitted to the coroner.

Are there any attachments?

I haven’t checked Austlii but Kurve pointed out the specific quote in the coroners report which is what you have to go with. Unregistered and unlicensed.

So the Vandeviers were either slackers who didn't want to hand their gun in after Howard's buy back scheme in response to Port Arthur and they had it hidden under the bed, or someone took that gun in and left it there, which is possible on Mount Macedon.

Strange things happened on the Mount.

Yeah possible. Wasn’t a semi automatic but yeah maybe they just couldn’t be stuffed and just wanted something around a country property

It may not factor at all in any appeal but people are still a bit confused over the decision to remove the option of manslaughter and I think it could be further explored.
The jury have followed the Judge's direction and followed the one path that would find Lynn guilty of murder.

They disbelieved Lynn's testimony and ROI concerning the events leading to the victim's deaths

Both Manslaughter and Murder charges have a single basic requirement, that the victim died as a result of the actions of the accused.

Where is the evidence that Lynn killed Hill?

By what means?

They disbelieved Lynn's testimony as to the circumstances of his death

As i have opined earlier, he might have died of a heart attack, a stroke or even a seizure and fell and hit his head. His cardio-vascular system wasn't in brilliant form and all of those are possibilities in a stressful situation

All are reasonable doubts that could would find Lynn not guilty of both the Murder and Manslaughter of Hill.

The jury cannot convict him of any charge on the "vibe" without a believable passage of events (supported by evidence) that cumulated to Hill's death at Lynn's hand

Personally, I believe that Lynn killed Hill near Lynn's camp out of sight of Clay and he stalked Clay via the blind side and the back of the toilet tent to kill her by firing across the bonnet/bull bar. She would have been looking to the entrance to the camp for Hill's return

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you’re right there must have misread it
But I trusted you Sir.
Couldn't be arsed going back to check this fact in the report myself.
So I've just taken myself off this case.

The jury have followed the Judge's direction and followed the one path that would find Lynn guilty of murder.

They disbelieved Lynn's testimony and ROI concerning the events leading to the victim's deaths

Both Manslaughter and Murder charges have a single basic requirement, that the victim died as a result of the actions of the accused.

By what means?

As i have opined earlier, he might have died of a heart attack, a stroke or even a seizure and fell and hit his head. His cardio-vascular system wasn't in brilliant form and all of those are possibilities in a stressful situation

All are reasonable doubts that could would find Lynn not guilty of both the Murder and Manslaughter of Hill.

The jury cannot convict him of any charge on the "vibe" without a believable passage of events (supported by evidence) that cumulated to Hill's death at Lynn's hand

Personally, I believe that Lynn killed Hill near Lynn's camp out of sight of Clay and he stalked Clay via the blind side and the back of the toilet tent to kill her by firing across the bonnet/bull bar. She would have been looking to the entrance to the camp for Hill's return

Great summary. I’m kind of with Badd0g on their point around the loading of the bodies into the trailer. Why CC first over RH if he’s closer to GL’s camp.

But I trusted you Sir.
Couldn't be arsed going back to check this fact in the report myself.
So I've just taken myself off this case.

If you leave me now
You'll take away the biggest part of me
Ooh-ooh-hoo, no
Baby, please don't go

I’m not giving up on us yet

Great summary. I’m kind of with Badd0g on their point around the loading of the bodies into the trailer. Why CC first over RH if he’s closer to GL’s camp.

Lynn didn't like the question of who was loaded in to the trailer first. He almost snapped at the cop who asked the question and responded with "Why does that matter?"

I think he was lying.

Lynn didn't like the question of who was loaded in to the trailer first. He almost snapped at the cop who asked the question and responded with "Why does that matter?"

I think he was lying.

He got really testy on that one didn’t he. I think the police did a good job of knowing when to prod him. That was a good one and the drone burning question.

Yeah possible. Wasn’t a semi automatic but yeah maybe they just couldn’t be stuffed and just wanted something around a country property

Yes but ..... it's a big pinch if they'd got caught with it in 2010.

By what means?

Yes, I understand the prosecution maintained they didn't know how Hill died.

I think he was lying.
Heat’s on with that question!! Good of them to think of that question, but at that point I think it was sheer incredulity and curiosity on behalf of the interviewing officers.

It must’ve been one of the strangest interviews they’ve undertaken!

As mentioned earlier, he had every minute detail down about the incriminating elements, yet really had no recollection of anything else.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back