Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Millions of people have followed that case for years.

The point was, Robert Durst used the same tactic of claiming self defence through the killing, the despicable dismemberment and disposal of Morris Black and he was acquitted, the jury bought the story.

Durst was later found guilty of murdering someone else, while his first wife is presumed to have been murdered by Durst.
You can see the similarities in actions, behaviours and the sheer arrogance og both of these killers.

That makes sense. So the jury can come up with their own version, accident then murder? I’m confused on this part.

It fits in with the jury findings. GL admitted himself he was deeply concerned about his Jetstar career, gun clubs etc etc. That there is him admitting he had motive to cover up any death, whether deliberate or accidental. And with this happening in such a remote location with nobody nearby it become easier for him to eliminate CC as a witness.

No evidence to support CC death was after RH. I think there is evidence that CC died first.

I think RH attachment to CC which included his willingness to lie to his own family and friends about his continuance of their long term relationship to me shows he would have attempted to harm anyone he considered had caused harm to CC or to offload blame to someone else if he was involved even by accident. That's what makes me consider CC was accidentally shot by RH and by approaching GL in the manner GL stated, RH was attempting to set the scene to blame GL for CC death and if RH had successfully stabbed and killed GL he would have gone down the self defence road.

RH would have been in uncontrollable emotional turmoil at finding CC had died and he would then have realized the part he had played.

There are so many alternative scenarios.
Oh please don’t blame Hill for this.
He was having an affair although immoral not illegal.
Lynn didn’t destroy the bodies because he’s a moral man.

To blow off an old ladies head because her partner has died accidentally is just not believable. He just would have had absolutely no need to do that. No job or privileges would have been under threat due to an accident.

Once they decided he had motive to blow CC's head off, there was really only 1 correct set of verdicts - 2 guilty. The next most acceptable set of verdicts was 2 not guilty i.e. believe his story fully.

Except in the case that the confrontation happened because RH got a hold of his unsecured gun which is a pretty big offense for a licensed gun owner and CC sees this all go down.

His pilot career, his gun clubs would absolutely be at threat in this scenario. In my opinion.

Interesting Times!
Dann has flagged intention to appeal, on the grounds of 20-25 instances of "not following the rules" during the latter stages of the trial. He raised a lot of red flags, and seeking a stay in the sentencing based on the pathways to appeal. He was reserved in proferring detailed plea based on concerns raised in the trial, the juries responses to those directions, and also their analysis of the patheays that the jurors took to reach the split verdict. Some of that concern regarded the notion that motive could not be proven for CC's murder verdict, based on RH murder charge being found not guilty...given that the Prs. put forward their argument that CC was murdered on the basis of her witnessing the murder of RH.
There is much more to see yet in this trial that keeps giving.
Also, the timing and manner of delivery of the Victim Impact Statements was debated, with Dann having resrvations about their effect on a potential retrial. Also discussed the effect on same due to the subsequent post-verdict reporting of GL's involvement or otherwise in additional crimrs and behavious.
I'll add more soon after i find somewhere warm with food😉😊

I suspected this was going to be brought up by Dann.

Don't be surprised if all talk of this is quashed in the media now now unless there is an official decision to reopen an investigation.

Still waiting on highcountry to clarify all the statements about how they know the family so well.
Personally I don't think Highcountry needs to clarify anything. The last thing these threads should do is pressure a contributor to release something that is confidential to them so to speak IMO. There are people who don't want to be named nor involved in this but may have information IMO. You can choose how you process information within these threads. A statement like how do you know the family so well could jeopardise their scenario in many ways. Not sure if I have taken this out of context but this is none of anyone's business IMO.

If this has been taken out of context then ignore my comments.

No evidence to support CC death was after RH. I think there is evidence that CC died first.

I think RH attachment to CC which included his willingness to lie to his own family and friends about his continuance of their long term relationship to me shows he would have attempted to harm anyone he considered had caused harm to CC or to offload blame to someone else if he was involved even by accident. That's what makes me consider CC was accidentally shot by RH and by approaching GL in the manner GL stated, RH was attempting to set the scene to blame GL for CC death and if RH had successfully stabbed and killed GL he would have gone down the self defence road.

RH would have been in uncontrollable emotional turmoil at finding CC had died and he would then have realized the part he had played.

There are so many alternative scenarios.
What a load of hogwash.

I suspected this was going to be brought up by Dann.

Don't be surprised if all talk of this is quashed in the media now now unless there is an official decision to reopen an investigation.
It sounded like Dann is preempting an appeal and has hinted at the grounds. I also presume there are legal implications in what can be said and what has to be quashed. Dann no doubt jostling his position. I guess we all expected this.

To blow off an old ladies head because her partner has died accidentally is just not believable. He just would have had absolutely no need to do that. No job or privileges would have been under threat due to an accident.

Once they decided he had motive to blow CC's head off, there was really only 1 correct set of verdicts - 2 guilty. The next most acceptable set of verdicts was 2 not guilty i.e. believe his story fully.
This one understands

Personally I don't think Highcountry needs to clarify anything. The last thing these threads should do is pressure a contributor to release something that is confidential to them so to speak IMO. There are people who don't want to be named nor involved in this but may have information IMO. You can choose how you process information within these threads. A statement like how do you know the family so well could jeopardise their scenario in many ways. Not sure if I have taken this out of context but this is none of anyone's business IMO.

Especially considering safety.
Lynn’s not a man you would want knowing who you were. He might invite you to a campfire.

Last edited:
Quote Gymjam :

RH would have been in uncontrollable emotional turmoil at finding CC had died and he would then have realized the part he had played. End Quote

Gymjam is entitled to his opinion but I have chosen to ignore his comments for a few reasons. He was very late to this thread and has not read the previous history despite saying otherwise. :think: Not sure what his motive is but we are all lucky he is not on the Jury FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except in the case that the confrontation happened because RH got a hold of his unsecured gun which is a pretty big offense for a licensed gun owner and CC sees this all go down.

His pilot career, his gun clubs would absolutely be at threat in this scenario. In my opinion.

Yes, but that is to fully believe GL's version.

The jury didn't believe his version, otherwise they couldn't have found him guilty of CC. They disbelieved him to such an extent, that they effectively swapped the order of the deaths around in order to come to their verdicts.

People get too caught up in some parts of what GL has said happened. The jury found him to be a liar and a murderer. They shouldn't then take into account aspects of what he said to be true.

What are the odds of a lying murderer being in isolated countryside and murdering 1 person but not the other? There might be some infinitesimal doubt, but it wouldn't amount to reasonable doubt IMO.

Quote Gymjam :

RH would have been in uncontrollable emotional turmoil at finding CC had died and he would then have realized the part he had played. End Quote

Gymjam is entitled to his opinion but I have chosen to ignore his comments for a few reasons. He was very late to this thread and has not read the previous history despite saying otherwise. :think: Not sure what his motive is but we are all lucky he is not on the Jury FFS.
Pray tell what is your motive?🤔 we could be well matched in the Jury room!

Yes, but that is to fully believe GL's version.

The jury didn't believe his version, otherwise they couldn't have found him guilty of CC. They disbelieved him to such an extent, that they effectively swapped the order of the deaths around in order to come to their verdicts.

People get too caught up in some parts of what GL has said happened. The jury found him to be a liar and a murderer. They shouldn't then take into account aspects of what he said to be true.

What are the odds of a lying murderer being in isolated countryside and murdering 1 person but not the other? There might be some infinitesimal doubt, but it wouldn't amount to reasonable doubt IMO.
Perhaps the Jury wore rose colored glasses when the prosecutor was on his feet and spurted out accusations that were not founded and backed up by evidence supplied to defence.

Completely disagree. highcountry continuously writes, not about theory or ‘IMO’ but states what is written as fact. Not an opinion, as fact. Plenty of claims to have knowledge of Jetstar staff and Lisa, right down to ‘Lisa’s pig’ which has also been described as ‘the children’s pig’ or ‘a pig that wandered in to the property’. Moving on to ‘people who refused to fly with him’. It’s pointedly personal and I again ask what is the connection?

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back