Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
I honrstly have no idea other than it wasnt a knife. Lynn cpuld never have pitched 2 x accidental deaths via hos own gun so thats why it was a knife in his story. Im saying both died via his gun or Hill wounded then finished off via one or the other. I dont believe the knife story.
Agree. I don't know why the prosecution didn't focus on the absurdity of Lynn's description of how Hill died. His story is that he came at him with a (kitchen) knife, Lynn grabbed and twisted his wrist until it snapped, then Hill fell on top of him and somehow (with broken wrist), kept that knife in such a vice like grip as he fell that the blade didn't shift at all but ended up neatly slicing through his clothes right into his heart. Defies all the laws.

I respectfully disagree. I imagine some in the jury may be able to see a scenario where GL actually killed RH but didn’t mean to kill him - therefore manslaughter (told they can’t use that). And then killed CC to eliminate witness. Or there was an accident and RH was killed and same reaction- CC killed to eliminate witness. Personally find it easier to say guilty on CC and not guilty on RH than guilty on both. Even though I believe he most likely killed both with murderous intent. Guess this is why we’re all so fascinated with this case. It’s extremely complicated (but also simple) at the same time! Then we have to consider how the law applies to it all AND the wonderful job demolition Dermie has done to muddy the waters.
Switch the legal teams and it’s possible unanimous guilty x 2 on day 1 of deliberations! IMO
Ok, your kid is has just been in the shower. When you go in, the soap has been squashed into the floor drain. You say, "did you do this"? He says "NO". You have no evidence that he did it so do you believe him?

He is an only child. There are only two other adults in the house and he has just had a shower.

If you are wrestling with someone over the knife or the gun and they are bare footed would you not just stand/stomp on their foot, that would be enough to stop most people in the tracks

Agree. I don't know why the prosecution didn't focus on the absurdity of Lynn's description of how Hill died. His story is that he came at him with a (kitchen) knife, Lynn grabbed and twisted his wrist until it snapped, then Hill fell on top of him and somehow (with broken wrist), kept that knife in such a vice like grip as he fell that the blade didn't shift at all but ended up neatly slicing through his clothes right into his heart. Defies all the laws.

What's this about snapping wrists, I've not heard that before.

It takes a lot of skill and practice to keep a clenched fist when falling forward, natural instinct for me is to brace with the palms out.

Ok, your kid is has just been in the shower. When you go in, the soap has been squashed into the floor drain. You say, "did you do this"? He says "NO". You have no evidence that he did it so do you believe him?

He is an only child. There are only two other adults in the house and he has just had a shower.
Impossible. I don’t have any sons. Is that you, Greg?

I hadn't heard of the broken wrist story before.? Have you got a link for that.?

He claimed Mr Hill then advanced towards him with a knife, screaming “she’s dead”, before he took a swing.

Mr Lynn said he blocked it, breaking Mr Hill’s wrist, before they wrestled over the blade. “He pushed me over back on to the ground and the knife went into his chest,” he said. “He rolled over and I got off him. He drooled a little bit, then he stopped moving.”

Mr Lynn said he checked for a pulse but he was “clearly dead”.

So according to the ABC the jury isn't hung at this point because there may have been some confusion re 2 x separate charges and now the jury know they can come to 1 x Not Guilty Murder and 1 x Guilty Murder. At least this is how I read it? If this is the case they could go back and conclude their verdicts as possibly 1 of each verdicts?

Quote "
On Monday, a note from the jury was passed to Justice Michael Croucher, which read in part: "What happens if we are unable to reach a unanimous decision?" Justice Croucher said it appeared the jury had "not reached that point yet", based on other questions that had been asked.

Other questions related to 2 x separate charges

He claimed Mr Hill then advanced towards him with a knife, screaming “she’s dead”, before he took a swing.

Mr Lynn said he blocked it, breaking Mr Hill’s wrist, before they wrestled over the blade. “He pushed me over back on to the ground and the knife went into his chest,” he said. “He rolled over and I got off him. He drooled a little bit, then he stopped moving.”

Mr Lynn said he checked for a pulse but he was “clearly dead”.
Cheers thanks for the excerpt as this is a paid article. I wonder if the broken wrist bit is to justify Hill falling on the knife? As if a broken wrist would mean Hill unable to move the knife away from his heart etc. Certainly a strange thing to add and if Lynn blocked his swing would that break Hill's wrist? The other interesting comment if Hill's wrist was broken he would have had to use one hand to push Lynn back onto the ground.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Lynn must be an orthopedic surgeon in his spare time to conclude he broke Hill's wrist. And he would probably need x-ray vision. Was it confirmed that Lynn had x-ray vision?

If a bloke in his 70's has his wrist broken, how does he maintain a grip on a knife?

The whole point of breaking someone's wrist would be to disarm them. Hill would have just dropped it and it would have laid flat on the ground i.e. not blade up.

Greg Lynn must be an orthopedic surgeon in his spare time to conclude he broke Hill's wrist. And he would probably need x-ray vision. Was it confirmed that Lynn had x-ray vision?
Yeah thats what I thought LOL? Justifying Hill falling on his own knife but strong enough to push Lynn onto the ground with one hand. Reads fanciful and scripted. Clays head is blown off and seconds after that you can tell you broke Hills wrist? Humm.

Cheers thanks for the excerpt as this is a paid article.

Cheers thanks for the excerpt as this is a paid article. I wonder if the broken wrist bit is to justify Hill falling on the knife? As if a broken wrist would mean Hill unable to move the knife away from his heart etc. Certainly a strange thing to add and if Lynn blocked his swing would that break Hill's wrist? The other interesting comment if Hill's wrist was broken he would have had to use one hand to push Lynn back onto the ground.
This wasn't the article I originally read claiming he broke Hill's wrist, just the only one I can find today (I subscribe to the HS for the sudoku and cryptic crossword :) ). I can paste the whole article if that's allowed?

I suspect that was Lynn's reasoning for adding that detail, however a broken wrist would see his hand incapable of maintaining a grip. The knife would have shifted (gravity) and more than likely flattened if between two bodies.

Further, the heart is more than 3cm beneath the skin. That's some fancy wide blade kitchen knife to be pressed against the chest horizontally and manage to reach the heart, let alone perforate it to cause death.

This wasn't the article I originally read claiming he broke Hill's wrist, just the only one I can find today (I subscribe to the HS for the sudoku and cryptic crossword :) ). I can paste the whole article if that's allowed?

I suspect that was Lynn's reasoning for adding that detail, however a broken wrist would see his hand incapable of maintaining a grip. The knife would have shifted (gravity) and more than likely flattened if between two bodies.

Further, the heart is more than 3cm beneath the skin. That's some fancy wide blade kitchen knife to be pressed against the chest horizontally and manage to reach the heart, let alone perforate it to cause death.
Good point cheers

GL blocked a swinging blade? So in addition to being a top gun airline pilot, he’s a Krav Maga black belt, Delta Force operator is he?

The guy is a world class bullshit artist. Talk about a Walter Mitty. IMO.

It may have taken him three shots to kill Clay.
IMO If I were to write this story I would have both shot inside or very close to the tent, I can’t get past PJ’s & bare feet, when camping in remote bush we all have shoes at the door way. Short of an emergency you would always put shoes on. Possibly CC being injured and trying to escape hence the third shot. Whatever way it happened it would have terrifying. We will never know the full story but I hope justice is served.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back