Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Shock me, his defence driiled down on a conveniently rehearsed concocted story, well informed by the defence legal team…….that was Act 3.

Why did they see the need to put him on the stand, they knew it was too tough a sell….and then the fat lady sang, curtains closed.
He probably insisted that he take the stand as he had all the ducks in a row, or so he thought. Quack quack

It’s not a list of 17 breaches.
Get your glasses honey

Mr Dann said the “lowest lowlight” was the final address by Mr Porceddu that breached fairness rules by not putting allegations to Mr Lynn.

He listed out 20 statements made by the prosecutor that he claimed his client had not been able to respond to.

This has nothing to do whatsoever with what you’ve stated. Here’s your quote in case you’ve forgotten:

There were numerous items they didn’t put to him while he was on the stand that they referenced in closing arguments that the prosecution was reprimanded for.

I’ll wait.

Get your glasses honey

Mr Dann said the “lowest lowlight” was the final address by Mr Porceddu that breached fairness rules by not putting allegations to Mr Lynn.

He listed out 20 statements made by the prosecutor that he claimed his client had not been able to respond to.
So do you think everything that happened at Bucks camp was all a big accident? Alejandro I think you might have had a few car accidents but what unfolded at Bucks camp was no accident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting to hear Greg Lynn’s sentencing details.

I found it interesting that (after so long) the Jury found him guilty of the murder of Carol Clay, and I’ll admit that I was surprised.
However they did not find him guilty of murdering her partner Russell Hill - meaning I guess that they believed his account that Russell Hill fell on the knife in their tussle.

‘Murder’ involves ‘intent’. .. not an accidental firing of a gun in a fight between people ( imo that would be ‘manslaughter’) but for some reason there was no option for any decision other than ‘murder’.

While I’m wondering what convinced them that Lynn intentionally pulled the trigger that resulted in Ms Clay’s death, I got to wondering if perhaps the Jury had the view that it was RH who was initially and accidentally killed, and then CC was shot to cover that up.
Remember accidental according to Lynn not the truth. They bought Lynns intent to kill the witness with his shotgun . Intent was always there, no accidents at all just couldnt prove one because he destroyed all evidence

Get your glasses honey

Hang on, I’ll get my rose coloured glasses out.

But was the jerry can for the wagon?
It was red indicating petrol
He also had first aid, fire extinguisher stickers etc. like you'd expect on a mine vehicle.
Not sure what this was about, maybe his aviation background or was he using the car in some sort of club or support vehicle scenario?

Hang on
On what grounds will it get overturned?
Unsafe verdict or judges instruction to jury?
The judge took out nearly all of the Pros case, how he acted afterwards, manslughter, and the reason he did that was so there could be no appeals later. There is nothing substantial that I can see to warrant one. You dont dont do it on hope at $300k etc. Id be surprised Judge Croucher was very thorough and it seemed like he was coralling the jury into not guilty, he wasnt he was eliminating all grounds for appeal

This has nothing to do whatsoever with what you’ve stated. Here’s your quote in case you’ve forgotten:

I’ll wait.
Are you thick?

Read the end of the article where it references the items they didn’t put to GL while he was on the stand, breaching the rules of fairness.

Maybe wake up tomorrow refreshed and try read it again, putting your fingers under the words as you read should help you.

Are you thick?

Read the end of the article where it references the items they didn’t put to GL while he was on the stand, breaching the rules of fairness.

Maybe wake up tomorrow refreshed and try read it again, putting your fingers under the words as you read should help you.
Bit of respect would be nice.

I’m not defending his post campsite actions which were despicable, I’m making a point why I think it will be appealed.

The general consensus from the media is to expect an appeal
So you admit defending his Bucks camp actions?

He can appeal all he likes it ain’t going nowhere. I’m sure Dann doesn’t mind another house or two from Lynn

So do you think everything that happened at Bucks camp was all a big accident? Alejandro I think you might have had a few car accidents but what unfolded at Bucks camp was no accident.
Yes I know Greg, it was definitely an accident, he had no reason to kill those campers.

Russell on the other hand clearly had motive to pick an argument and cause the proposed accident based on numerous substantiated particulars that he had a problem with hunters.

You can disagree with me that’s fine I respect your opinion, but we shouldn’t be convicting people of murder based on probability, that’s not the standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back