Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
I’m sure it would have been picked it up or under suspicion if he was. Not much gets pass members of this forum.
He would have to be careful. I did feel he was a bit sheepish when asked about his emails in the interview. Maybe worried they’d find others.
Police most likely already have investigated his online life and digital footprint along with his mobile etc etc. In fact if he was online they'd be aware of it IMO

Not from me directly but via an online source whose qualified in this directly quote " Typically fighter pilots will carry either a pistol or a compact submachinegun or PDW. In the case of the Australian Defence Force, the standard sidearm is the Browning Hi-Power, known in ADF use as the Pistol Self-Loading 9mm Mk3; most likely that is also what an Australian pilot would carry on a deployment.

He joined as a cadet straight out of high school. And didn’t make the grade as a fighter pilot. Clearly his ego was writing checks that his body couldn’t cash.

Would have had firearms training for sure as a cadet. Being 1986 I’m tipping the firearms were obsolete and probably didn’t include pistol training at all.

I’m sure it would have been picked it up or under suspicion if he was. Not much gets pass members of this forum.
He would have to be careful. I did feel he was a bit sheepish when asked about his emails in the interview. Maybe worried they’d find others.

And his search history given his preoccupation with sunscreen could have been very embarrassing.

And his search history given his preoccupation with sunscreen could have been very embarrassing.
Yeah via their warrant they would have taken posossion of lis laptop, pc, tablet etc and forensics would extracted whatever they wanted. Search history, email, etcetc is all visible unless you take a strict approach to being discrete via technical platforms that provide that level of protection. Otherwise he's now public knowledge in their books.

I've always thought that his choice of words to describe hunting as "stalking " is unusual and I used to hunt deer decades ago.As far as the "dears" go that's probably just predictive txt stuffing up....

It’s not unusual to refer to hunting deer as “stalking”. It’s literally what you do.

He might have been on a number of hunting forums particularly those based in the US.

Yeah via their warrant they would have taken posossion of lis laptop, pc, tablet etc and forensics would extracted whatever they wanted. Search history, email, etcetc is all visible unless you take a strict approach to being discrete via technical platforms that provide that level of protection. Otherwise he's now public knowledge in their books.
Yeah like Bayden Clay’s secret online dating services that came out.
They really think they’re smart but not so much.

Do prisoners get supplied with sunscreen?

Thought I read he’s in the MAP in a protection unit and only getting about an hour a day for exercise.

Not sure if he stays there pending sentencing. I guess it depends on how full it is or could be at Port Philip for overflow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I read he’s in the MAP in a protection unit and only getting about an hour a day for exercise.

Not sure if he stays there pending sentencing. I guess it depends on how full it is or could be at Port Philip for overflow.
MAP provides the primary assessment and orientation services for male prisoners received into the prison system yeah .? Hope he ends up at Barwon I know someone that works there may get to hear one day how it's all going for him?

MAP provides the primary assessment and orientation services for male prisoners received into the prison system yeah .? Hope he ends up at Barwon I know someone that works there may get to hear one day how it's all going for him?

Yeah also for those in custody on remand pending court appearances given it’s proximity to the various courts.

Have heard of Port Philip being used as a remand facility but that was pre covid. Apparently prison population is significantly down at the moment.

In any event I’m sure he’s in a protection unit enjoying the back catalogue of the “guns and ammo” magazine.

I know people are trying to find when GL painted the Nissan. Here is a media link that shows street view shots from google earth with relevant years for the 3 vehicle colours. When he changed from blue to beige that was on 4 June 2020. There is a quote from Detective Florence who stated Melanie took the photo of GL painting it on that date.

Edit to add link

Last edited:
Yeah also for those in custody on remand pending court appearances given it’s proximity to the various courts.

Have heard of Port Philip being used as a remand facility but that was pre covid. Apparently prison population is significantly down at the moment.

In any event I’m sure he’s in a protection unit enjoying the back catalogue of the “guns and ammo” magazine.
One day, a few years ago, when crossing William St from the Flagstaff Gardens entrance from Flagstaff Station, an agitated cyclist announced to anybody who was listening that there was soneone locked in the back of a truck parked at the intersection and knocking to be let out.

He became less agitated once it was explained that it was a Prison Van delivering to the Courts

That Kevin Tenant incident freaks me out. I’ve ridden on that very same trail. The poor bloke was minding his own business and this psycho shoots him. And the police have never worked out who it is.
Agree, it’s a crazy story I’ve ridden horses through that area and it blows my mind it could happen there. Police have released very limited info on that case ie any finger prints on the bullet they took out his head? Poor guy.

I know people are trying to find when GL painted the Nissan. Here is a media link that shows street view shots from google earth with relevant years for the 3 vehicle colours. When he changed from blue to beige that was on 4 June 2020. There is a quote from Detective Florence who stated Melanie took the photo of GL painting it on that date.

Edit to add link

I’m particularly interested in what month in 2019 he first painted it from white to blue.

In testimony he said words to effect - he had painted it many times, and in reference to his wife, here he goes again.

I’m particularly interested in what month in 2019 he first painted it from white to blue.

In testimony he said words to effect - he had painted it many times, and in reference to his wife, here he goes again.

I’m sure the actual address and dated google street view screen captures were posted in the original thread.

I just can’t find them.

Any one remember or can find them in that thread?

Before July 2019

4wd1.png

I am wondering if Melanie's behaviour in court and her support for her husband come's from fear? was she actually worried about his possible release and how he would act towards her if she didn't support him, I have been married for 27 years and I am happy to say I am one of the lucky ones that still deeply loves my hubby after all those years (even though he can piss me off at times,) I could never support him, if he had been involved in two supposedly accidental deaths and then did what Lynn did to cover it up...

Lisa, despite all of the threats and the really violent physical abuse over a long period, even on the very day he killed her pig, still said she still loved him.

If he could hold that devotion over Lisa after all that he did to her, and much of that abuse has yet to see the light of day, Melanie’s reaction might be a similar dynamic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back