Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Well dissected Pamcake. You have been able to zoom in on his mind at play and pick up on the feeling moments where his body language changes and what it means. As for his relationship with Melanie vs Lisa you are right. Lisa let him get away with whatever he did, perhaps Melanie doesn't.? His treatment of Lisa is sick and it's a typical scenario of extreme violence against women IMO. Obviously a different dynamic with Melanie?

His kids were growing up too, as capable witnesses.

Well dissected Pamcake. You have been able to zoom in on his mind at play and pick up on the feeling moments where his body language changes and what it means. As for his relationship with Melanie vs Lisa you are right. Lisa let him get away with whatever he did, perhaps Melanie doesn't.? His treatment of Lisa is sick and it's a typical scenario of extreme violence against women IMO. Obviously a different dynamic with Melanie?
Yes, she doesn't look like a woman he could tie up and carry outside either. As someone famously said of Margaret Whitlam, "she looks like she could kick start a jumbo jet".

Herald Sun Front Page Headline (PAID ARTICLE) Perhaps BaDDog or someone with a HS Subscription could post content. I think we already know that Clay's family is entitled to funds from the sale of the Lynn property.

Carol Clay’s family could get share of murderer’s $1m home

Greg Lynn’s hold on his Caroline Springs home is in jeopardy following his murder conviction, with authorities poised to sell it to compensate Carol Clay’s family.

WARNING PAID ARTICLE

His kids were growing up too, as capable witnesses.
They could be the invisible victims? A lot of DV perpetrator’s don’t think that their actions affect or are even seen by their children.
Sadly, even if Lynn suddenly changed his abusive behaviour with his second wife, Lynn and Lisa’s children would have been affected by the DV they witnessed as very young children, maybe even normalised it, if it did continue into his second marriage.

That's been on my mind, it was sadistic to do that to her.

Is it just a horrifying coincidence that Lisa then died outside with alcohol in her system under temperature of 4 degrees?

Lynn likes to leave people unattended then come back to them later on to check if they are still alive or dead, if his story in relation to Hill and Clay holds any truth.

Clay gets shot in the head, Lynn walks away with his gun.

Hill cops a knife in his chest, Lynn goes to check on Clay to see if she's dead.

Clays dead, Lynn goes back to check on Hill to see if he's dead.

Lisa gets tied up and left outside, Lynn goes somewhere else, look for sunscreen perhaps.

Lynn goes back to check on Lisa and she's dead.

They could be the invisible victims? A lot of DV perpetrator’s don’t think that their actions affect or are even seen by their children.
Sadly, even if Lynn suddenly changed his abusive behaviour with his second wife, Lynn and Lisa’s children would have been affected by the DV they witnessed as very young children, maybe even normalised it, if it did continue into his second marriage.

It’s possible. He had a pretty shocking track record. And DV doesn’t have to just be physical. Coercive control and all that’s attached to it can have a significant psychological impact.

Herald Sun Front Page Headline (PAID ARTICLE) Perhaps BaDDog or someone with a HS Subscription could post content. I think we already know that Clay's family is entitled to funds from the sale of the Lynn property.

Carol Clay’s family could get share of murderer’s $1m home

Greg Lynn’s hold on his Caroline Springs home is in jeopardy following his murder conviction, with authorities poised to sell it to compensate Carol Clay’s family.

WARNING PAID ARTICLE

Nothing we didn't already know. CC family potential recipients of proceeds of sale of house, nothing for RH family. If acquitted on appeal, freeze would obviously be lifted. Put in ML name post arrest...Says it's unknown if there have been any other assets frozen and that there has been an increase in asset restraint under OPP and DoJ Assets confiscation operations.
PS I don't have a sub..I just get a few articles for free a month. :)

Nothing we didn't already know. CC family potential recipients of proceeds of sale of house, nothing for RH family. If acquitted on appeal, freeze would obviously be lifted. Put in ML name post arrest...Says it's unknown if there have been any other assets frozen and that there has been an increase in asset restraint under OPP and DoJ Assets confiscation operations.
Cheers BaddOg Herbalglerbal did a link off on the article a few threads above. Yes nothing we dont know and it sounds lile it might be subject to an appeal

I wonder if the situation changes for RH’s family for victim of crime compensation if GL is charged for his post offence conduct.

I know there’s been commentary from legal experts that it’s unlikely and maybe we won’t know anything post appeal on this. I suspect there’s a lot more to play out relating to this trial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he ever gets charged for the murder of his first wife, might that set off another round of claims against his assets from relatives of his first wife?

No statute of limitations on murder. I guess it’s a remote possibility depending on who from the family has a claim if it ever gets that’s far. I just can’t see it happening.

I think the best that could be hoped for is an open verdict rather than one that concluded it was suicide.

poor Greg, i thought he wouldn't be in protection though??

Don't miss out on the headlines from Police & Courts. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
High Country killer Greg Lynn has been the victim of a sickening jailhouse attack.
Faeces and urine were thrown at the high-profile detainee inside the Metropolitan Assessment Prison, days after he was convicted of murdering Carol Clay in the Wonnangatta area of east Gippsland in March, 2020.
The incident has been referred to police.
The former Jetstar pilot had spent the previous two-and-a-half years on remand charged with the murder of Mrs Clay and her friend Russell Hill.
Greg Lynn had faeces and urine thrown at him in the jailhouse attack. Picture: David Geraghty

Greg Lynn had faeces and urine thrown at him in the jailhouse attack. Picture: David Geraghty
Lynn was acquitted of Mr Hill’s murder after a Supreme Court jury trial.
MAP, in the CBD, is where prisoners are held until authorities decide where they will be held permanently.
In Lynn’s case, that may come when he is sentenced by trial judge Michael Croucher.
A Department of Justice and Community Safety statement said the organisation could not comment on individual prisoners or their placement.
“Corrections Victoria takes all incidents very seriously and refers all allegations of criminal activity and serious incidents to Victoria Police for investigation,” the statement said.
It comes as Greg Lynn’s hold on his $1m home is in jeopardy after his conviction over the murder of Carol Clay.
The Lynn family’s property in Caroline Springs has been in state hands for more than a year amid a lengthy murder prosecution which finished last week.
The Herald Sun revealed in August last year that police had restrained the former Jetstar pilot’s three-bedroom house in the lead up to his double murder trial.
Such clamps are placed on property so that proceeds of sale can provide compensation for victims but the Lynn matter is not yet final.
Lynn’s Caroline Springs home could be sold to compensate the family of Carol Clay. picture: Brooke Grebert-Craig

Lynn’s Caroline Springs home could be sold to compensate the family of Carol Clay. picture: Brooke Grebert-Craig
It is believed he will appeal against the ruling that he murdered Carol Clay, 74, in the Wonnangatta area of East Gippsland in March, 2020.
Should he win an acquittal, the legal restraining order on the property would be lifted.
If the verdict stands, the family of Mrs Clay would potentially be the recipients after a Supreme Court jury last week found that he had killed her.
The jury did not find that Lynn had killed 75-year-old Russell Hill, who died on the same night as his lover, meaning his family is unlikely to be eligible for compensation.
Melanie Lynn has been listed as the sole proprietor of the home since her husband’s arrest. Picture: David Geraghty

Melanie Lynn has been listed as the sole proprietor of the home since her husband’s arrest. Picture: David Geraghty
Property records show his wife, Melanie Lynn, became the sole proprietor of the home within weeks of her husband’s arrest in November 2021.
She has continued to stand by her husband, supporting him during his trial where he confessed to gruesome acts including burning the bodies of Mr Hill and Mrs Clay.
Carol Clay was murdered by Greg Lynn during a camping trip to the Wonnangatta Valley in March 2020.

Carol Clay was murdered by Greg Lynn during a camping trip to the Wonnangatta Valley in March 2020.
Mrs Lynn lives at the Caroline Springs home, currently plastered with signs warning uninvited visitors not to approach.
It is not known whether her killer husband has any other assets which have been frozen by authorities.
There have been increasing levels of asset restraint in recent years as part of work carried out by the Victoria Police criminal proceeds squad, the Office of Public Prosecutions and the Department of Justice’s Assets Confiscations Operations.
Another unfinished element of the Lynn saga is the push for answers over the death of his first wife in 1999.
Lisa Lynn was found dead at their home in Mount Macedon, a tragedy attributed to an overdose of antidepressant drugs and alcohol.
Missing persons squad detectives are expected to refer a brief of evidence into her death to the State Coroner.
There are hopes of a fresh inquest into the circumstances of her death, which Mrs Lynn’s friends have long questioned.

I thought the MAP kept prisoners isolated from each other until sentencing. Especially in a case like this one. No one likes to think about their parents or grandparents meeting a similar fate to RH and CC.

Sentenced and on remand together at the MAP apparently.

You’re never 100% safe. Just have to look at what happened to Carl Williams.

Faeces and urine were thrown at the high-profile detainee inside the Metropolitan Assessment Prison, days after he was convicted of murdering Carol Clay in the Wonnangatta area of east Gippsland in March, 2020.
The incident has been referred to police.

I bet he asked for an immediate shower, anti bacterial soap, fragrant body wash and a fresh face washer and towel.

And they lolled.

Back