Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Just sat through the full interview that the Hun has up (3.5hrs with a few bits of repetition skipped over) and there are still more holes to poke in it. Biggest one is where he claims the order in which he loaded them into the trailer. CC first and then RH....which according to the rest of his story means he hitched up his trailer and drove right past the spot where RH crawled to with the knife in his chest to go and get CC's body before going back for RH. Even more reason to suggest RH died at his own camp IMO.

Listening to the Motive and Method podcast with Xanthe Mallett and Tim Watson Munro who neither of can understand the reasoning behind taking manslaughter off the table.
Yeah why did this happen?

I thought all along he'd get done for manslaughter not murder. Or at least not double murder

If he eventually gets off on appeal, wonder if the media will prosecute this question because I haven't heard any mainstream analysis of it? (Haven't listened to this podcast, I'm just referring to Age/HS coverage)

For starters, he has already been in maximum security in mainstream for 2 years.

He isn't a paedo or police informer

He is just a bog standard prisoner

He’s in a protection unit. Not sure why you keep reiterating this falsehood.

Yeah why did this happen?

I thought all along he'd get done for manslaughter not murder. Or at least not double murder

If he eventually gets off on appeal, wonder if the media will prosecute this question because I haven't heard any mainstream analysis of it? (Haven't listened to this podcast, I'm just referring to Age/HS coverage)

My understanding of it now, is that the discussions and reasoning behind removing manslaughter off the table wasn't heard in front of the jury but I think it won't be long before the decision is properly explored and we get a more satisfactory answer.

Just sat through the full interview that the Hun has up (3.5hrs with a few bits of repetition skipped over) and there are still more holes to poke in it. Biggest one is where he claims the order in which he loaded them into the trailer. CC first and then RH....which according to the rest of his story means he hitched up his trailer and drove right past the spot where RH crawled to with the knife in his chest to go and get CC's body before going back for RH. Even more reason to suggest RH died at his own camp IMO.

Good pick up

My understanding of it now, is that the discussions and reasoning behind removing manslaughter off the table wasn't heard in front of the jury but I think it won't be long before the decision is properly explored and we get a more satisfactory answer.

I don’t think we will hear anymore about it TBH. The call was made with the consent of the defence and prosecution based on the evidence the judge allowed to be submitted to that point.

As much as I disagree with some of the decisions the judge made, they were all technically correct and only had one appeal. It’s not perfect by any stretch but it does seem the system has worked to this point. But it’s not over yet.

It’s a good point though that Lynn continued to change the colours on the car, not just once.
Yes, he also did mention the painting of the car a number of times in the ROI - seeking to normalise that behaviour, “Melanie says, there he goes again painting the car”… the neighbours says “oh there he goes painting his car”

But I guess he won’t be needing the Dulux catalogue any time soon
🔜 🚙 🚗

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been a lot of dead bodies and a lot of dead animals swirling around Lynn over the course of two decades.

I’ve been sitting on the Macedon murder suicide for about 6 weeks.

I went back to ask people who knew Lisa about this and how it seemed too much of a co-incidence to have happened on the same road where Lisa Lynn died.

Even though it seemed too far fetched to be linked, as was ten years after Lisa’s death, I asked if there might have been any connection.

I was told point blank. Yes. Absolutely.

They were both friends of Lisa and visited the house. One of my friends even met them at Lynn’s house. They intervened and tried to stop the abuse of Lisa.

Lynn went into a rage and said - “I will come back and kill you and your dogs and no one will ever know.”

And ten years later guess what. They were both found shot in their bedroom upstairs, all three dogs had been shot and a fire lit down stairs.

As with Lisa’s death at the time there was no evidence OR RATHER NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO link these deaths to Lynn …

but what was common across all three deaths is he made credible threats to kill all of them.

I know of at least 6 other similar threats he has made to other people.

What is absolutely the most chilling aspect of all of this is, if it is eventually proven that Lynn was involved, this then is not some fit of rage or disagreement that got out of hand such as might have happened with Hill and Clay. Or even the worst case of domestic violence where a spouse is murdered. Such things although horrific are not an uncommon part of our modern world.

What makes this different, again if proven, is that this would be a cold blooded grudge that he sat on for ten long years.

That is next level psychopath. A type almost never seen or contemplated.

He had made the same threat to Lisa. I will come back and kill you and no one will ever find out.

The potential body count is consequential and staggering.

Dog in Tasmania
Pet pig
Neighbours dog
Lisa Lynn
Japp Viergever
Annie Viergever
Their 3 dogs
Hill
Clay

And this is before Doha and Vegas are confirmed.

PLUS it should also be noted that if ramjet is confirmed to be Lynn, which to me seems likely, he fully admitted of his own accord online that:

“Niels Becker who went missing back in Nov 2019 was an acquaintance.”

Along with this absolute shocking admission -

“I'm also a Ham and possible have spoken to Russel in the past.”

If Ramjet is indeed Lynn it seems he might have listened in regularly to Russel’s nightly ham radio chats and this could upend all previously considered motives.

As I said weeks ago this current trial is not the end of the misadventures of Greg Lynn. It is but the start of something much bigger than most can imagine.

I don’t think we will hear anymore about it TBH. The call was made with the consent of the defence and prosecution based on the evidence the judge allowed to be submitted to that point.

It may not factor at all in any appeal but people are still a bit confused over the decision to remove the option of manslaughter and I think it could be further explored.

There have been a lot of dead bodies and a lot of dead animals swirling around Lynn over the course of two decades.

I’ve been sitting on the Macedon murder suicide for about 6 weeks.

I went back to ask people who knew Lisa about this and how it seemed too much of a co-incidence to have happened on the same road where Lisa Lynn died.

Even though it seemed too far fetched to be linked, as was ten years after Lisa’s death, I asked if there might have been any connection.

I was told point blank. Yes. Absolutely.

They were both friends of Lisa and visited the house. One of my friends even met them at Lynn’s house. They intervened and tried to stop the abuse of Lisa.

Lynn went into a rage and said - “I will come back and kill you and your dogs and no one will ever know.”

And ten years later guess what. They were both found shot in their bedroom upstairs, all three dogs had been shot and a fire lit down stairs.

As with Lisa’s death at the time there was no evidence that directly linked Lynn to the deaths …

but what was common across all three deaths is he made credible threats to kill all of them.

I know of at least 6 other similar threats he has made to other people.

What is absolutely the most chilling aspect of all of this is if it is eventually proven that Lynn was involved this is not some fit of rage or disagreement that got out of hand such as might have happened with Hill and Clay. Or even the worst case of domestic violence where a spouse is murdered. Such things although horrific are not ann uncommon part of our modern world.

What makes this different, again if proven, is that this was a cold blooded threat and a grudge that he sat on for ten long years.

That is next level psychopath. A type almost never seen or contemplated.

He had made the same threat to Lisa. I will come back and kill you and no one will ever find out.

The potential body count is consequential:

Pet pig
Neighbours dog
Lisa Lynn
Japp Viergever
Annie Viergever
Their 3 dogs
Hill
Clay

And that’s even before Vegas and Doha are confirmed.

2002 to 2007 Doha. Qatar.

i had assumed he came back to Jetstar.

I’ll check that.
Wow, just wow…. No words

It may not factor at all in any appeal but people are still a bit confused over the decision to remove the option of manslaughter and I think it could be further explored.

Yeah agree I just don’t expect any explanation to come from the court other than what’s in the public record.

Do we know if there was a Coroner's Inquiry in to these deaths and that ballistics matched to the gun found near Japp Viergever?

'Inquest finds money woes behind murder-suicide

Posted Tue 7 Jun 2011 at 9:46am

A coronial inquest has found financial problems were the likely reason behind a murder-suicide in the Macedon Ranges in March last year.

Jacob Viergever, 64, suffered financial hardship in the 1990s and had rebuilt himself as a self-made man, importing exclusive lingerie.

He lived with his wife Catherine, 62, and their three dogs in a Mt Macedon home designed for entertaining, which they did regularly.

On the day of their death, the Viergevers went to the pool, attended appointments and spoke to their neighbours on the phone.

That night, Mr Viergever shot the dogs and started a house fire, before shooting his wife, then taking his own life.

The couple had been facing financial troubles and the coroner found Mr Viergever chose to kill himself and his wife, rather than live with limited financial means.'

Do we know if there was a Coroner's Inquiry in to these deaths and that ballistics matched to the gun found near Japp Viergever?

Coroner’s finding suggested murder suicide.

Unlicensed gun. Not sure about ballistics.

But like Hill Japp was not known to be a gun person.

And like the crime scene for Hill and Clay the subsequent fire destroyed almost all evidence to pursue other avenues.

Sure is starting to look like an MO. Which I alluded to weeks ago.

'Inquest finds money woes behind murder-suicide

Posted Tue 7 Jun 2011 at 9:46am

A coronial inquest has found financial problems were the likely reason behind a murder-suicide in the Macedon Ranges in March last year.

Jacob Viergever, 64, suffered financial hardship in the 1990s and had rebuilt himself as a self-made man, importing exclusive lingerie.

He lived with his wife Catherine, 62, and their three dogs in a Mt Macedon home designed for entertaining, which they did regularly.

On the day of their death, the Viergevers went to the pool, attended appointments and spoke to their neighbours on the phone.

That night, Mr Viergever shot the dogs and started a house fire, before shooting his wife, then taking his own life.

The couple had been facing financial troubles and the coroner found Mr Viergever chose to kill himself and his wife, rather than live with limited financial means.'

I’ve got a copy of the report. I’ll try to find it.

Back