Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
I’m on Sertraline and have accidentally taken 2 instead of one because I’ve forgotten if I’ve taken it ( I actually need to take conscious note that I’ve had one in the morning otherwise it’s an automatic action) .. I love a bourbon or 2 (or 3 or 4😂😂) and probably have added a Valium or 2 in the mix and I’m still here.

I’m sure sertraline overdose is very possible but it’s not one I would chose to overdose on if I was that way inclined
I just did a cursory search of available evidence... Pretty rare for someone to die from a Sertraline only overdose. If there's multiple drugs involved then the odds increase.

Yeah I understand that bit, but from the assumption they were husband and wife, Lynn checks their wallets different surnames (I'm positive he would need to know their names to follow the media), photos of other people in the wallets and not of each other.

Plan may have been get them liquored up one way or another then go the murder suicide route. Fire starts from the camp stove over dinner. Bodies are found with alcohol in their system and a burnt out campsite and robbed car.

Falls apart when he realises they aren't married or something else doesn't fit the narrative ie angle of gunshot or multiple shots. Has to reconsider things and that leads to taking the bodies and his sloppy, dead ended, and extremely risky, transportation of the bodies.
I see what you mean.
Possibly an initial thought but was never going to work with the injuries to the bodies and no firearms present, except his own.

GL mentions a couple of times for memory that what alerted him to the fact that RH had grabbed his shotgun from the front of his Patrol was that he “heard” him knock over something like a drink bottle etc, but there wasn’t much spoken or questioned about this by way of, didn’t he have his music up really loud or had he turned it down by then or was it never really up that loud or?

I could have missed something or perhaps it was something that was discussed in parts of the interview that we didn’t get to hear but I would of thought this would have been elaborated on given the fact that it’s pretty central to these apparent chain of events.

If the music was turned out that loud would he have even heard a drink bottle being knocked over etc.

Not sure, anyway it was just the first thing that came to my mind when listening to that part of the interview and would have seemed to be a logical question to ask or get further clarification on.

GL mentions a couple of times for memory that what alerted him to the fact that RH had grabbed his shotgun from the front of his Patrol was that he “heard” him knock over something like a drink bottle etc, but there wasn’t much spoken or questioned about this by way of, didn’t he have his music up really loud or had he turned it down by then or was it never really up that loud or?

I could have missed something or perhaps it was something that was discussed in parts of the interview that we didn’t get to hear but I would of thought this would have been elaborated on given the fact that it’s pretty central to these apparent chain of events.

If the music was turned out that loud would he have even heard a drink bottle being knocked over etc.

Not sure, anyway it was just the first thing that came to my mind when listening to that part of the interview and would have seemed to be a logical question to ask or get further clarification on.
Exactly, this has been discussed by a few people here in previous pages/threads who all said if the music was up how did he hear anything at all such as the things you mention. It may have even been brought up by the Pros during cross examination but don't hold me to that. It's a really good question and so many people have thought about it, so how did Lynn make a simple mistake with regards to the noise of the music? I keep thinking it may have been raised by the Pros during cross examination. If it was it would have been one of the red flags the jury picked up on during that cross examination. If you remember the Jury asked to watch Lynn's testimony again, was this one of the red flags they picked up on. There were a few such as the Rifle and the Shotgun. And some others I'm tipping with regards to how Carol Clay died, because Lynn gave so much detail such as how he snuck up on their car, used the shadows to try and get the gun back from Hill. We know Hill never had the gun off course and I'm sure the jury knew the same because they came to the conclusion Lynn's gun killed Clay and the story Lynn made up with regards to Hill taking the gun during the noise from the loud music was all deemed a lie. I'm pretty confident this was a moment that helped with their verdict of Lynn = Guilty off murder x Carol Clay.

Exactly, this has been discussed by a few people here in previous pages/threads who all said if the music was up how did he hear anything at all such as the things you mention. It may have even been brought up by the Pros during cross examination but don't hold me to that. It's a really good question and so many people have thought about it, so how did Lynn make a simple mistake with regards to the noise of the music? I keep thinking it may have been raised by the Pros during cross examination. If it was it would have been one of the red flags the jury picked up on during that cross examination. If you remember the Jury asked to watch Lynn's testimony again, was this one of the red flags they picked up on. There were a few such as the Rifle and the Shotgun. And some others I'm tipping with regards to how Carol Clay died, because Lynn gave so much detail such as how he snuck up on their car, used the shadows to try and get the gun back from Hill. We know Hill never had the gun off course and I'm sure the jury knew the same because they came to the conclusion Lynn's gun killed Clay and the story Lynn made up with regards to Hill taking the gun during the noise from the loud music was all deemed a lie. I'm pretty confident this was a moment that helped with their verdict of Lynn = Guilty off Carol Clay.
If he had the music on or up…. the music normally stops and goes quiet in between songs. Maybe RH was unlucky with his timing… if GL had the music up. As Ramjet says on other matters “Its inconsequential”.

If he had the music on or up…. the music normally stops and goes quiet in between songs. Maybe RH was unlucky with his timing… if GL had the music up. As Ramjet says on other matters “Its inconsequential”.
I doubt it's inconsequential LOL. If the music stopped? To me it's a fair question to raise and I'm pretty sure the Pro brought up something about the music affecting the grabbing of the gun. Anyone with a basic IQ who is sneaking up on a car in a life and death scenario could tell when the music is about to stop. 90+% of music, if not more, does a fade out towards the end of the song. Sorry with all respect I don't buy that one, it wasn't a game of musical chairs IMO LOL.

someone I chatted with today wondered if GL purposely got caught. Seems like more and more possible crimes are being unravelled each day. Maybe he wanted his name put to his work after all these years. The way he spoke to the cops in the interview reminded me of Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects. Chilling

I doubt it's inconsequential LOL. If the music stopped? To me it's a fair question to raise and I'm pretty sure the Pro brought up something about the music affecting the grabbing of the gun. Anyone with a basic IQ who is sneaking up on a car in a life and death scenario could tell when the music is about to stop. 90+% of music if not more does a fade out towards the end of the song. Sorry with all respect I don't buy that one, it wasn't a game of musical chairs IMO LOL.
You’re probably right. But if the music is not a song that you know, you might not know when there is a pause or when the song is about to end. GL said the music wasn’t from RH and CC’s era. RH may have been hearing it for the first time. That’s if there was any music to begin with. I don’t take a lot of GL’s ROI as gospel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re probably right. But if the music is not a song that you know, you might not know when there is a pause or when the song is about to end. GL said the music wasn’t from RH and CC’s era. RH may have been hearing it for the first time. That’s if there was any music to begin with. I don’t take a lot of GL’s ROI as gospel.
Yes understand your point but 90% of songs have a fade out. Off course Lynn would say Hill knocked over a bottle or something this was all part of his elaborate story of giving Hill his shotgun so Clay could be killed accidentally with his gun and not his fault. It's all a lie and fabrication I don't believe the loud music ever existed. Lynn isn't a loud music killer, he's a Smith & Wesson kind of guy. He shot both of them in my view and that's why he invented mutliple shots in his story because he was positive the weed killers or campers heard the gunshots IMO.

Also if someone could be kind enough to pm the Ramjet link as I couldn’t find it on WP (thread only starts in 2021)

There’s no link but the search function is the same as BF. Just search the username or do a general search

Back