Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
That’s true. Back to square one of how he lifted the bodies then.

He said he dropped the tray of his trailer. I’m assuming he just stuck his arms under theirs and dragged them in.

Pretty sure he said he used a rag and just water - I was a bit surprised by that…

15.32 of the ROI he explains he burnt the area where CC’s blood had pooled on the ground.

Going off Sly’s reporting in The Age

“He waited through the night, adding logs to the flames when needed, until the fire was extinguished. Lynn then used a shovel to smash what was left into the size of small coins and move them about 16 metres away to the base of a fallen tree, with the help of a dustpan.”

He could be wrong
Did he say this in the ROI or at the trial in cross examination?

Going off Sly’s reporting in The Age

“He waited through the night, adding logs to the flames when needed, until the fire was extinguished. Lynn then used a shovel to smash what was left into the size of small coins and move them about 16 metres away to the base of a fallen tree, with the help of a dustpan.”

He could be wrong
Lynn did admit to having a shovel and it’s only his version he didn’t have to do anything else to the bones.
Geez, imagine how long it took him to move all of those fragments with a dustpan. He’s a piece of work.

He said he dropped the tray of his trailer. I’m assuming he just stuck his arms under theirs and dragged them in.

15.32 of the ROI he explains he burnt the area where CC’s blood had pooled on the ground.
Dead weight though and Hill’s a big man.
I can almost believe he could slide them out of the trailer at Union spur but I can’t get my head around how he just pulled Hill up into the trailer and he couldn’t even stand in the trailer and drag them in as the table didn’t come off.

I can almost believe he could slide them out of the trailer at Union spur but I can’t get my head around how he just pulled Hill up into the trailer and he couldn’t even stand in the trailer and drag them in as the table didn’t come off.

GL isn’t a small man. And his adrenaline is pumping at this point. I can see it unfolding as he described but each to their own.

Two people would have problems getting it done the way Lynn said he did it.

He'd have had a heart attack trying to get those two into the trailer they way he said he did.

Lynn did admit to having a shovel and it’s only his version he didn’t have to do anything else to the bones.
Geez, imagine how long it took him to move all of those fragments with a dustpan. He’s a piece of work.

So what’s the theory? He used his damscus knife or his chainsaw in the time he had available to dismember them where it went down? Sorry just struggling to understand what’s being argued.

There's so much ambiguous stuff with the whole trailer thing said in his ROI and evidence.( Incidently this "tray" thing ? the rear drop down on a trailer or ute is called a tailgate and if it was a ute the sides are called dropsides FWIW.)
However,first nonsensical ROI thing he said was he picked up CC's body first,all been discussed here how that doesn't make sense.The biggie though is how in the hell did he load them.I've been a hands-on guy and technical all my life and I just can't see it happening the way HE described it.A dead, heavy,floppy weight is a really hard thing to move-I've moved dead livestock and it's a mission.RH was a big guy.
Love the way when the police asked which way he loaded them ,he paused and was thinking "if I say sideways that's the ultimate ambiguity,they won't catch me out here ",he only had 2 secs to think of that after the time he asked "does it matter "

So what’s the theory? He used his damscus knife or his chainsaw in the time he had available to dismember them where it went down? Sorry just struggling to understand what’s being argued.
I don't think it's so much HOW he loaded them, it's that when he was asked he either did not want to say, or just that he actually didn't know.

If it was he didn't want to say, then I think we can presume that it wasn't pretty.

If it was that he didn't know, then we can presume it was all a lie.

There's so much ambiguous stuff with the whole trailer thing said in his ROI and evidence.( Incidently this "tray" thing ? the rear drop down on a trailer or ute is called a tailgate and if it was a ute the sides are called dropsides FWIW.)
However,first nonsensical ROI thing he said was he picked up CC's body first,all been discussed here how that doesn't make sense.The biggie though is how in the hell did he load them.I've been a hands-on guy and technical all my life and I just can't see it happening the way HE described it.A dead, heavy,floppy weight is a really hard thing to move-I've moved dead livestock and it's a mission.RH was a big guy.
Love the way when the police asked which way he loaded them ,he paused and was thinking "if I say sideways that's the ultimate ambiguity,they won't catch me out here ",he only had 2 secs to think of that after the time he asked "does it matter "
Yeah I ask myself why he even had the trailer set up this way with the table attached that you can’t remove. Just to put the kettle on?
He definitely seemed like he didn’t expect that question of how he got the bodies into the trailer and who went in first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I ask myself why he even had the trailer set up this way with the table attached that you can’t remove. Just to put the kettle on?
He definitely seemed like he didn’t expect that question of how he got the bodies into the trailer and who went in first.

I don’t think he said he couldn’t remove it, he said he didn’t when he loaded the bodies on.

He subsequently did remove it when he sold the trailer and converted it into a work bench.

I don't think it's so much HOW he loaded them, it's that when he was asked he either did not want to say, or just that he actually didn't know.

If it was he didn't want to say, then I think we can presume that it wasn't pretty.

If it was that he didn't know, then we can presume it was all a lie.

I think you’re splitting hairs. You just don’t believe his story. That’s fine. He’s a proven liar and bullshit artist.

I’m saying it’s plausible in the absence of any evidence to the contrary. Do I think he could have dismembered the bodies to load into the trailer? Yes it’s possible. But it chews up a lot of time if he wanted to get out of there asap.

I find it interesting that he made all that time and effort to obliterate the bodies but left a solid shotgun slug right near where he murdered Clay.

Lynn was adamant that it was placed there but maybe he overlooked it as the slug was warped, possibly lodged in the ground and everything in that area was covered in blood.

I don’t think he said he couldn’t remove it, he said he didn’t when he loaded the bodies on.

He subsequently did remove it when he sold the trailer and converted it into a work bench.
I thought he said the table was attached to the top of the trailer and wasn’t removable.
I could be wrong.
Very strange to me.
I’m guessing he could dismantle it and take it off when he was selling it.

I find it interesting that he made all that time and effort to obliterate the bodies but left a solid shotgun slug right near where he murdered Clay.

Lynn was adamant that it was placed there but maybe he overlooked it as the slug was warped, possibly lodged in the ground and everything in that area was covered in blood.
This is another thing that’s questionable.

And it was dark. Wasn’t like he had a metal detector to find all the forensic evidence. I imagine he wasn’t keen on sticking around the camp all that long.

Why, when he stated that Clay was killed by a shot to her head, (from a shotgun)would he say that the shotgun slug was placed there?

I think you’re splitting hairs. You just don’t believe his story. That’s fine. He’s a proven liar and bullshit artist.

I’m saying it’s plausible in the absence of any evidence to the contrary. Do I think he could have dismembered the bodies to load into the trailer? Yes it’s possible. But it chews up a lot of time if he wanted to get out of there asap.
I would rather think that he didn’t and maybe he didn’t. The police seemed very interested in his version of events, how he got the bodies in the trailer, asking about his chainsaw.
I feel that the police might have just accepted that he’d confessed to getting rid of the bodies or maybe they did their own research and accepted his version.
Lynn said, I have no reason to lie to you now.
You’re right, He’s a liar and bullshit artist.
Maybe he thought telling anything else he did would make him look even worse ( if that’s possible.)

Do 4WD's have little winch-machines ? A pully ? Those orange things (kept on the roofs for getting out of a bog) ?

Whereby you could tow-up a sleeping bag with a cadaver inside ?

1st Orange plastic trolley - winch - rope and pully - sleeping bag pops up onto the trailer.

edit: like a sleigh ?

Last edited:
I would rather think that he didn’t and maybe he didn’t. The police seemed very interested in his version of events, how he got the bodies in the trailer, asking about his chainsaw.
I feel that the police might have just accepted that he’d confessed to getting rid of the bodies or maybe they did their own research and accepted his version.
Lynn said, I have no reason to lie to you now.
You’re right, He’s a liar and bullshit artist.
Maybe he thought telling anything else he did would make him look even worse ( if that’s possible.)

The police didn’t really press him though. They could have really zeroed in on this and pressed him. Even at trial given his post offence conduct was admissible the prosecution could have asked the question(s).

Maybe at the end if the day it just wasn’t relevant. He admitted to moving the bodies and disposing of them that’s probably enough to convict him of any related crimes.

The police didn’t really press him though. They could have really zeroed in on this and pressed him. Even at trial given his post offence conduct was admissible the prosecution could have asked the question(s).

Maybe at the end if the day it just wasn’t relevant. He admitted to moving the bodies and disposing of them that’s probably enough to convict him of any related crimes.
Yes yes that’s what I mean. I feel that that they had a confession and with what he told them was enough anyway.

Back