Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Because he went through the area with a fine tooth comb. He must have assured himself that he had picked up all the evidence including all the other rounds he possibly fired.

IMO
One of the mysteries was how, in the middle of the night, he was able to find all the shells AND ALL THE SLUGS supposedly fired from the shotgun?

Do 4WD's have little winch-machines ? A pully ? Those orange things (kept on the roofs for getting out of a bog) ?

Whereby you could tow-up a sleeping bag with a cadaver inside ?

1st Orange plastic trolley - winch - rope and pully - sleeping bag pops up onto the trailer.

edit: like a sleigh ?
He didn't have a mechanical winch on his vehicle, (amateur off-roader:cool:) but he may have had a Tifor type hand winch.

Or even a length of rope with two half hitches he could get a 2:1 hand purchase.

Hill would have known how to do it. Pity he was dead

Because he went through the area with a fine tooth comb. He must have assured himself that he had picked up all the evidence including all the other rounds he possibly fired.

IMO

As much as possible in the circumstances within the space of 1-2 hours while cleaning the scene, loading his camp, staging their camp, burning their camp down, loading their bodies and getting out of there.

And apparently the slugs were fired into the air. So nothing to recover except the one that hit CC. All he had to do was find the shells which wouldn’t have been that hard.

He was always going to miss some things. IMO.

Also he said he never used the shotgun after the “incident”. The police surely investigated that and looked at what ammunition he had on hand and how many were left in the box.

Last edited:
“Then Lynn claimed Hill took matters into his own hands.

Despite the loud music, Lynn claimed he heard Hill rifling through his Nissan Patrol.

The next thing he saw was Hill's figure walking away with his Turkish-built shotgun as he loaded it with his ammunition.

Instead of retreating into the remote bushland, Lynn stated he approached Hill telling him to "give it back" and asking, "What are you doing?"

Lynn claimed the lights were on in his car and doors open.

But it’s totally illogical to believe that Hill moving off into the pitch darkness and hence suffering from night blindness would be able to load an unfamiliar gun, in the dark as he walked away.

And seriously the language he says he used. All calm. He would have been swearing his F’ing head off. Not a meek … give it back.

I’m sure it’s stuff like this the jury just couldn’t accept.

Do 4WD's have little winch-machines ? A pully ? Those orange things (kept on the roofs for getting out of a bog) ?

Whereby you could tow-up a sleeping bag with a cadaver inside ?

1st Orange plastic trolley - winch - rope and pully - sleeping bag pops up onto the trailer.

edit: like a sleigh ?
Usually on the front of a vehicle and it would be almost impossible to pull something into a trailer with a lid unless he could drop the front gate down.
(Just looked at pictures of his car and no winch on the front)

One of the mysteries was how, in the middle of the night, he was able to find all the shells AND ALL THE SLUGS supposedly fired from the shotgun?
It is a mystery how he found all the slugs except one in the dark. Surely it must have dug into the ground and been covered in blood.

It’s bizarre he mentioned that it must have been placed there almost as if to say “I picked them all up there couldn’t have been any more”.

This implies Hill was most likely shot too if there was a total of 3 shots and he’s certain that he picked up all the slugs.

One thing we don’t know is was it the shotgun that killed Hill or was it the rifle? Lynn has interchanged guns during his interview which I think is rediculous. What Hunter doesn’t know which gun he’s used? Especially in this scenario. Hill may well have been killed with the rifle from a distance and Clay shot at point blank.
I do think Lynn blasted the music baiting Hill. Once Hill and Clay were out of the tent it was game over.

IMO

Still find it odd why Lynn would say he found Hills phone attached to the underside of the drone.
He clarified that he didn’t mean attached to the controller.
It’s just not a thing.
If you make it up, surely you just say you found it on the front seat?
What’s your thoughts on why he would say this?

It is a mystery how he found all the slugs except one in the dark. Surely it must have dug into the ground and been covered in blood.

It’s bizarre he mentioned that it must have been placed there almost as if to say “I picked them all up there couldn’t have been any more”.

This implies Hill was most likely shot too if there was a total of 3 shots and he’s certain that he picked up all the slugs.

One thing we don’t know is was it the shotgun that killed Hill or was it the rifle? Lynn has interchanged guns during his interview which I think is rediculous. What Hunter doesn’t know which gun he’s used? Especially in this scenario. Hill may well have been killed with the rifle from a distance and Clay shot at point blank.
I do think Lynn blasted the music baiting Hill. Once Hill and Clay were out of the tent it was game over.

IMO
How many shots did Lynn say in the interview? On the stand he said four or five.
Edit: I’ll go back and have a look.

Despite the loud music, Lynn claimed he heard Hill rifling through his Nissan Patrol.

The next thing he saw was Hill's figure walking away with his Turkish-built shotgun as he loaded it with his ammunition.

Instead of retreating into the remote bushland, Lynn stated he approached Hill telling him to "give it back" and asking, "What are you doing?"

But it’s totally illogical to believe that Hill moving off into the pitch darkness and hence suffering from night blindness would be able to load an unfamiliar gun, in the dark as he walked away.

And seriously the language he says he used. All calm. He would have been swearing his F’ing head off. Not a meek … give it back.

This version of events is a total bs story made up by Lynn. There’s no way in hell anyone is going to go over to a hunter’s campsite to steal their gun in the dark in pyjamas, no shoes, no glasses.

Music was blaring but he heard him anyway. Where was Lynn? How did he let Hill get away with a shotgun and ammo all the way back to his own campsite if he heard him at his car? Why would Hill only take one gun why not both? There’s no way anyone would leave a gun behind. What did Hill want a spaghetti western gunfight in the middle of the night?

Then Lynn says I casually walked upto Hill saying “what are you doing? Give it back?” lol it gets even worse with the Walker Texas Ranger moves hiding behind Hills car then lunging out grabbing the shotgun. Then after Clay is killed Hill came at him with a knife and Lynn broke his wrist which then Hill fell on his own knife. Seriously that’s the worst script I have ever heard of but hey he gave it a crack with one of the best over priced lawyers in town.

IMO

Yeah way too much detail, exact words and heavily rehearsed 🙀

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many shots did Lynn say in the interview? On the stand he said four or five.
Edit: I’ll go back and have a look.
Was it a total of 5 rounds? So Lynn claims Hill stole the shotgun and 5 rounds. Loaded the magazine and fed the magazine into the gun, took it off safety and cocked it all in the dark? No glasses, no light, no experience with that gun. I think Lynn should publish a book while in jail called 101 jokes.

Was it a total of 5 rounds? So Lynn claims Hill stole the shotgun and 5 rounds. Loaded the magazine and fed the magazine into the gun, took it off safety and cocked it all in the dark? No glasses, no light, no experience with that gun. I think Lynn should publish a book while in jail called 101 jokes.
One big book of jokes alright.
He said 4 or 5 shots altogether. Could he have initially told police there was four shots and he picked up the slugs around the campsite and then police found the other slug later which is why he then said four or five shots?

This version of events is a total bs story made up by Lynn. There’s no way in hell anyone is going to go over to a hunter’s campsite to steal their gun in the dark in pyjamas, no shoes, no glasses.

Music was blaring but he heard him anyway. Where was Lynn? How did he let Hill get away with a shotgun and ammo all the way back to his own campsite if he heard him at his car? Why would Hill only take one gun why not both? There’s no way anyone would leave a gun behind. What did Hill want a spaghetti western gunfight in the middle of the night?

Then Lynn says I casually walked upto Hill saying “what are you doing? Give it back?” lol it gets even worse with the Walker Texas Ranger moves hiding behind Hills car then lunging out grabbing the shotgun. Then after Clay is killed Hill came at him with a knife and Lynn broke his wrist which then Hill fell on his own knife. Seriously that’s the worst script I have ever heard of but hey he gave it a crack with one of the best over priced lawyers in town.

IMO

Almost worked that’s the frightening thing about it.

I think it was five. Remembering he wasn’t hunting with the shotgun that day plus he said he didn’t see any deer. So there’s no reason to think it wasn’t 5 loaded in the magazine.

Which then also poses the question. If he wasn’t hunting with the shotgun that day why did he have a fully loaded magazine? He made such a point about his gun safety on approach to camp at the end of the day ie rifle was unloaded didn’t have it pointed anywhere etc.

bullsheeeeeeit

I know nothing about drones but do you attach the phone to download pictures to it?

There are accessories you can buy to attach to a drone so you can use your phone as a camera. Not sure if RH’s model needed one or not.

I know nothing about drones but do you attach the phone to download pictures to it?
Usually done wirelessly with the drone still switched on, they did clarify the phone was attached and he said in a cradle (which I don’t believe as the model he talks about on another forum has sensors underneath. Something underneath it would interfere as well as there just being no reason to send a phone up with the Mavic pro as you use (can use) it to control it and the camera is built into the drone.

So you have to add the rounds into the magazine?

Can’t work it out. Of all the things he did, and he lies about stealing a phone?

Hill kept the drone in it's own zippered bag, maybe Lynn meant he found the phone when he took the drone out and it was in the bottom of the bag?

Which might explain why Lynn was driving around with Hill's phone ping a pinging like he didn't know it was there.

Hey any gun owners … there was someone on here whose son knew a lot about guns.

Any chance they can do a quick video on how to load a a magazine and gun like the one Lynn said he used.

Or find a you tube video.

As a non gun person I would think this would be impossible to do while walking in day light. 100 fold harder walking in the dark as the owner comes after you.

Phone attached to the controller for video feed back from the drone. You can watch every move from the drone (think Birds eye view)

Back