Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:

That some of them may have gone in to the long drop toilet.
I'm surprised they still have long drops rather than those fancy composting toilets. From memory, a long drop (just a hole dug) usually the liquids are gone and only solids remain. So you could get a torch and a peg and check it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People and rangers included, drop all sorts of things in to long drop toilets including dead roos, wallabies etc.
Wow.
I thought it was strange that Lynn said he put the remains of Ms Clay’s head in the river and when asked if there could have been part of the skull, he said he couldn’t be sure. If you’re going to lengths to burn bodies, you’d be making sure part of the skull wasn’t going to be found in the river. Also leaves it open as to what else had to be cleaned up, disposed of. The long drop toilet sounds like a suitable option.

I'm surprised they still have long drops rather than those fancy composting toilets. From memory, a long drop (just a hole dug) usually the liquids are gone and only solids remain. So you could get a torch and a peg and check it out.
I’d rather go in the bush. Most toilets are gross, especially knowing what people use the long drops for.

Police said… hmm lucky it wasn’t a red-back… I’m thinking (given GL preoccupation with snakes) a red-belly black would have prevented the unfortunate episode on the 20th March.
You’re probably right.
If he’s scared of huntsman he would have been scared of a red belly black.
Quite entertaining him telling police he’s scared of a huntsman when he could do things he did.

That's a proper digging shovel. Not for burying No 2's.

Good for shattering the remains also. As per item 13 of the Introduction and Overview of the Interlocutory Appeal:

"For the reasons that follow we would grant leave to appeal, set aside the interlocutory decision and order that except for paragraph (a) the Crown be permitted to rely upon the conduct identified in its Revised Notice of Evidence of Incriminating Conduct, as well as the conduct of the respondent in November 2020 in returning to the site of the bodies, burning them and shattering and scattering the remains, as evidence of incriminating conduct both as to manslaughter and murder".

Last edited:
Has GL made mention as to why he even had a trailer with him? it's always seemed strange to me why he would travel so remote with a trailer, plus have a timber top on it.its not like he was collecting firewood.
I thought same but didn’t want to publicly raise and fail Camper 101

Hopefully we’ll get to hear the psych assessment.
I’m sure we’ve all made our own assessments after watching his interview.
Certainly self indulged with no thought for anyone but himself.
Psych assessment is done voluntarily by the defence using their own Psych, so it will only be favourable to his sentencing

Has GL made mention as to why he even had a trailer with him? it's always seemed strange to me why he would travel so remote with a trailer, plus have a timber top on it.its not like he was collecting firewood.

Very good point.

His camp set up was basic.

He must have had enough room in the cab of his car to take all the stuff that was in trailer.

When you go camping you want to take as little as possible.

Last edited:
Back