Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
I think there would be a definition within law enforcement of what constitutes a person of interest legally. I’m not sure what that might involve or he he reached that threshold. He was certainly within the frame of the police investigation. I’m not aware of exactly what was communicated or how much of abusive relationship was detailed to the coroner.
Would be interested to know if he was a person of interest or what’s called an ‘interested person,’ in the coroners hearing, as if there was a new inquest it might look very different.

Geez GL’s ROI has some interesting spots I didn’t pick up on the first go. Later in the interview he’s discussing how paranoid he was getting and he thought the police were using people in his orbit to prod him. This is in that June - July period.

He mentions the president of the little river raiders club taking an over interest in him despite him being a new member, his manager at work (who didn’t like him according to GL - sounds like a good bloke) and one other work colleague who was part of a 4x4 club who asked him if he ever camped in the area.
Those people will now have some stories to tell, won’t they. “I knew there was something off about that bloke!”

Bang on the money.

The difference between what happened in Macedon on zig zag road, and the vast overwhelming majority suicides, is that serious and credible threats to kill those very same people had not been made.

This comment applies not just to the murder suicide couple.

But to Lisa as well.

But the big one red flag, the clincher, a certain Greg Lynn, now convicted of murder made those very same threats.

There are no co-incidences when it comes to Lynn. Z E R O.

Not forgetting the fact that Lisa died of exposure in a semi built up area on the outskirts of Melbourne. Not a million miles in bush. And this after Lynn had previously tied her up, hosed her down and left her outside.

And … and … the gun, where did they get the illegal gun and ammo?

I think to believe it was a murder suicide is akin to believing both hill and clay died as Lynn told the court they did.
Be very interested to see what the basis of any appeal will be re the GL conviction of CC death. Many legal minds are predictioning an appeal will be launched.

I have just had a quick look over the Coroner's findings in the inquest into Catherine Viergever's death. The Coroner mentions that there was a degree of financial stress, which could have been the motivation for the 'murder-suicide'. There was a proper crime scene investigator on the scene, and the only logical outcome the Coroner could make was that Mr Viergever shot his wife and then himself.

I highly doubt that Lynn is involved in this one, and (IMHO) it is just a bit of click-bait from John Silvester who usually does a better job than this...

I do think that Lynn had a great deal more to do with the death of his ex-wife though.

Greg Lynn as a hitman is more believable though, wouldn't you think?
Dj Rscl GIF by Spinnin' Records

He might have been a mercenary, flying all over the world and completing missions for shadowy figures
you know there are people in this thread that will read the above and look for unsolved murders involving fires, deceased pets and sun-screen…all over the world… or where Jetstar flies

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have just had a quick look over the Coroner's findings in the inquest into Catherine Viergever's death. The Coroner mentions that there was a degree of financial stress, which could have been the motivation for the 'murder-suicide'. There was a proper crime scene investigator on the scene, and the only logical outcome the Coroner could make was that Mr Viergever shot his wife and then himself.

I highly doubt that Lynn is involved in this one, and (IMHO) it is just a bit of click-bait from John Silvester who usually does a better job than this...

I do think that Lynn had a great deal more to do with the death of his ex-wife though.
Yes I would like to know a motive in terms of Lynn committing this one? At the moment the only real connection is location as I understand it? Or was Lisa Lynn friends with this family?

Yes I would like to know a motive in terms of Lynn committing this one? At the moment the only real connection is location as I understand it? Or was Lisa Lynn friends with this family?

Yes, apparently Lisa was friends with the V's with there being a history of Lynn making threats.

We don't know the nature of their relationship; wife suffers from debiitating illness and expresses a wish to ease her pain.

Husband believes he cannot live without her.

Suicide pact.

About 35 years ago, definitely before Victoria's euthenasia laws, an elderly couple decided upon a suicide pact. She was suffering from a terminal illness

He fed her an OD of her prescription drugs and he attempted to OD on with other drugs in the house.

He survived and, upon waking up, contacted the Police. He gave a complete ROI to the Police acknowledging his actions. They also left a suicide note signed by both of them explaining their actions

He was charged with murder and therefore not bailed, but due to his age and related fraility was held in the secure Prison unit in a hospital (Austin?)

The matter eventually went to trial, but by this time, the charge had been downgraded to administer drug causing death to which he pleaded guilty.

The Court convicted him and set a non parole period, with the benefit of remand time and remission scale applicable at that time made him eligible for parole immediately.

He was released on parole immediately and he was moved from a secure ward to a supported accommodation ult within the same Hospital

“One neighbour and friend said the couple had been in the area for at least 15 years but arthritis forced Annie to give up horse-riding, something she was passionate about.

Mr Guy yesterday confirmed his stepsister was in declining health but said no one in his family believed she had been involved in a suicide pact.”

They were still managing a large property. It references health problems but I can only see arthritis mentioned. I would say most over 60’s have some ailment. Would be interesting to know just what health problems she had.

Edited to add: imo it seems a stretch that GL would be involved but worth a review

Last edited:
They were still managing a large property. It references health problems but I can only see arthritis mentioned. I would say most over 60’s have some ailment. Would be interesting to know just what health problems she had.

Exactly, most over 60's would have some arthritis anyway. If she had arthritis in her hands, that might affect her riding ability, more so if she was riding as an equestrienne.

It's so cold up there, often I'd need to wear a mask riding and it's not for older people. If you come off in a stiffish fall as an older rider, you could really hurt yourself breaking bones.

Just move off the mount, sell up and go somewhere warmer.

In the case of Lisa police definitely knew of the threats made to her as soon as she was found dead. Friends, colleagues, family all related what Lisa had told them and in some cases witnessed.

Lynn has a solid alibi. But he knew full well what everyone had told the police and so the question about legal representation is a valid one.
Have you made a request for a copy of the coronnial findings re Lisa Lynn's death? You keep making assertions, similar to those made in your post I have replied to. How is it that you have have this information on which you base your assertions? You obviously knew of such details prior to joining Bigfooty on 30 November 2020 which is the date it was announced in the media the remains of RH and CC had been recovered.

If there is a further Coronial Inquiry or police investigation and the finding is Lynn was not involved will you be satisfied?

There has been a lot going on in the Mt Macedon area in general over the years and I am not referring or including the Lynn family.

Some Mt Macedon people stirred up the hornets nest at times. Timelines are very interesting.

What are you referring to?

Could you answer my question please gymjam

“One neighbour and friend said the couple had been in the area for at least 15 years but arthritis forced Annie to give up horse-riding, something she was passionate about.

Mr Guy yesterday confirmed his stepsister was in declining health but said no one in his family believed she had been involved in a suicide pact.”

Edited to add: imo it seems a stretch that GL would be involved but worth a review
I'm sure I read somewhere that Anne V. had rheumatoid arthritis which can be very debilitating and does get worse over time. I'll keep looking to see if I can find the article confirming it.

He might have been a mercenary, flying all over the world and completing missions for shadowy figures
Barry from Caroline Springs? Loved loved loved ‘Barry’ on Foxtel a while back. Not equating GL one bit with the ‘kind of loveable’ Barry character by Bill Hader.

Barry from Caroline Springs? Loved loved loved ‘Barry’ on Foxtel a while back. Not equating GL one bit with the ‘kind of loveable’ Barry character by Bill Hader.
Bill Hader as Barry was a wonderful thing. As was Henry Winkler playing Gene. What a great show

What are you referring to?

Could you answer my question please gymjam
There is quite a bit digging deep in Google.

It seems the Viergevens were direct neighbours of Macedon Lodge and that can be seen using Google Earth. This media link gives a bit of insight into Mr W's 'caring neighbourhood attitude' in 2013. I am looking to see what the issue was with Mr W that Mrs V got involved in with other Macedon community members. The article from 2010 already linked upthread mentioned Mr W's attempt to develop a holiday resort and it seems he went onto develop a massive Lodge complex connected to horse training.

Mr W closed the Macedon Lodge end Nov 2019 and sold it in 2023.

Does anyone know what road the Lynn's lived on at Macedon?

Mindblowing how much land clearing was done to develop the Lodge, can be viewed by stepping back in time on GE.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Anne V. had rheumatoid arthritis which can be very debilitating and does get worse over time. I'll keep looking to see if I can find the article confirming it.

Oh right. I have a neighbour with RA. The article I read cites she had arthritis for 15 years.

In pain, unable to manage the property they love and financial difficulties could obviously be enough for someone to end it all.

At the same time, I have a number of autoimmune diseases, I have PTSD and my 50 yo husband recently lost his job after 20 years. Never thought of ending it all but might check in with the husband!

It would be horrible enough to be murdered, but then to be forever remembered as the bloke that murdered his missus would be awful too. I get his dead but I would hope my case would be thoroughly investigated if there was new information that shed any doubt on it.

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back